“What a great hotel.”

Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed there for 4 days while my home was being renovated. The room was clean and fully equipped. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It went far above my expectations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just checked in. Was expecting a double room for the four of us, but was given a queen bed with a hide a bed. When you pay over $100 a night you expect to sleep in a bed. It had a huge orange colored stain on it, and we had no bedding for the couch. We also were put in a handicapped room. The sheets had stains , but otherwise the room seemed clean. My first stay at a candlewood and probably my last

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Dchildress4
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Dchildress4,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room assignment prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel was very clean and what I liked was that you had the entire kitchen which I put to good use.
Also the front office clerk Danielle was very nice and helpful. She honored an early check in for us so we didn't have to drive all over the city to find something to do while the room got ready.
This would be a great hotel for families. Keep up thee good work guys.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We are here for 3 nights while our RV is undergoing repairs. This is a good place for a multi-day stay. Rooms come with a kitchenette, including full fridge, dishwasher, range top, and cooking utensils. The beds are comfortable and there is even a recliner in front of the flat screen TV. Dogs are allowed at an extra fee. The staff has been helpful and we enjoyed the free Wednesday night hors d'oeuvres (good ribs). It's hot in Charleston, but the rooms a/c works well. Rooms are cleaned once per week unless special requests are made.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel overall was fine. The room was clean and I had everything I needed. Internet worked perfect. Had a good amount of channels to pick from to watch TV. The location was as said "Northwood Mall" which you could easily walk to. Plenty of restaurants. Lots to do! Parking was ample, well lit and free. Wednesday night there was a Manager's Reception which was nice. I prefer not to get housekeeping when I travel so this was perfect since they do not clean your room daily. You can always go to the front desk and ask for anything you need - fresh towels etc. Was fine for the purpose of my visit. Thank you.

Room Tip: Smoking Rooms are available
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kimberly K
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The good: the sheets were clean,the staff was friendly,there was a mall and a movie theater next door.
The bad: When we pulled in it looked nice, there is a grilling area out front with several men cooking and drinking beer, playing loud hankJr. music , when walking to the lobby the "griller" was cat calling my 15 year old daughter. Then arriving to our room the carpet outside our door looked like an ashtray was spilled on the carpet, it was there 2 days despite several vacuums noted in the hallway.The room was ok obvious smudges on the doors and the coffee maker was grimy, there were dishes in the dishwasher but I think they were clean. There were no towels so we went to the desk to get some towels, the girl at the desk apologized and said they were washing towels and she could only give us 2 sets for now. When we got back upstairs the children said the maid knocked on the door asking if we had pillowcases !
We had booked this room for three nights but left early loosing our money for the third night since my husband booked it through his points on his credit card.
Directly behind this hotel is a rough looking area with rundown single wide trailers.
The coffee from the dispenser in the snack are was good and free. They did have a gym but I didn't want to go by myself because it is attached to the laundry where earlier a jolly fellow was going back to his room while juggling two cans of beer and pulling a black garbage bag full of laundry.
If I were a young construction worker this may be a handy place to stay, a grill,music, socializing...
But if I were a single business woman I would pass. The beds were not very comfortable and small. But the sheets were clean and the lobby smelled of Clorox so it was ok.
We actually laughed it off and it will be a memory we all remember. I would not stay there again but it certainly did not ruin our time!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vexxed
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear vexxed,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience with us. We appreciate your comments as it helps us in our never ending task to better ourselves.

I am disappointed to read that your stay with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the room condition fell below your standards and truly sorry for any inconvenience and dissatisfaction you had. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for over a month. House keeping for rooms is not daily with CWS. Though they agreed in contract price for some sort of daily housekeeping. We had a block of rooms under contract. Unless you reminded them on a daily basis to service the room it wasn't happening. Management would "yes we will take care of it" you all day long but no action. Numerous times I would come back to the room after work to find a cockroach looking at me from the floor or cabinet. Furniture in room tattered and torn. I believe this place is under new ownership or management so I hope it gets better for follow on guest! If you have an option to stay elsewhere that will be your best bet in my opinion.

• Stayed: October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Brad M,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Adrian D