Wingate by Wyndham Charleston Airport Coliseum
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Twice during my stay I returned at 4:30 pm to find my room had not been serviced. When I mentioned it to the front desk staff they couldn't care less. I had been looking forward to relaxing after a long day of meetings but I couldn't because the I had to wait to have my room made up. On my last night, they made it to my room before I returned but didn't leave any coffee, shampoo, conditioner etc. A hot breakfast was advertised on your website. While a pre made omelet and bacon is technically a hot breakfast I expected more from Hampton. All of the muffins, donuts etc. were stale. The room itself need a serious upgrade to reduce noise from the hallway. When someone was outside and down the hall it sounded like they were standing in my room. When I mentioned the issues to the front desk they seemed to not care, I even inquired about the 100% guarantee as displayed on the front desk and was given excuses. I would suggest a fundamental culture change at this location with the focus on the customer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Ed B

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Perhaps it's me but this Hampton Inn rooms were very tiny. Bathroom shower doors came off and almost hit my grand baby. No maid service until 3:30 PM. Hampton Inn is our choice of hotel brands and this one was absolutely not up to standards. This one is in need of renovations. It was not a good stay. Wish I had good things to say, but sorry I don't.

Room Tip: Good for only one person due to the room size.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank caligirlAtlanta_GA
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn on Saul White Blvd. in North Charleston for a few nights in June. The hotel is nice and clean with a good breakfast in the morning and cookies in the evening. The staff at the front desk, morning breakfast servers and cleaning staff were all very nice and friendly and helpful. I rate the staff 5 star but as far as Hamptons go I would rate this one three stars mainly because the room was the smallest I've been in and there was no microwave, nor snack store downstairs or other amenities I've become accustomed to with Hilton properties. I would recommend staying here for a night or two but not longer unless there were other larger full feature rooms available.

Room Tip: Ask for a microwave if you need one and try to get a room big enough that you don't have to put...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VictoryVisionTim
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My stay this month was absolutely amazing! The staff was extremely friendly and they treated me like royalty! The general manager, Hattie is a doll! She was a pleasure to talk with during breakfast. She is a great representation and an asset to this company! Pat was such a pleasure. She kept us entertained while checking us out on our departure day. We will most definitely come back and look forward to seeing these two amazing women!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I'm a Hilton Honors member so I almost exclusively stay in Hilton properties (which Hampton Inn is part of). The positives are that the hotel looks like it was recently renovated and the rooms were very nice and clean.

Now for the negatives. We arrived early and asked if we could check in and Pat at the front desk was very rude when she told me no. I don't mind being told no, but there was no reason for her to treat me the way she did. To her credit, I do think she felt bad because afterwards, she was being especially nice to my mother was was traveling with me. Anyway, I was hoping this was a one-off incident and I could write nice things about the rest of the staff, but when we finally did check in, the guy wasn't a whole lot better. He was at least nice, but the check-in process was not up to par with the standard I've come to expect from Hampton Inn, especially as a highly ranking rewards member. Usually, I give them my name and they give me a key--a simple 30 second transaction because all of my info is stored with my membership. This time, he took at least 7 minutes. Not the end of the world, but still annoying. He also didn't give me the usual spiel about appreciating my loyalty, etc. I always thought that was silly, but I did miss it a bit this time!

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to Hilton Honors members as they don't seem to have the same appreciation for us as other hotels. If you're not a Hilton Honors member, this is a nice hotel in a convenient location, but be prepared that the service may not be the best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank smkozlow
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Perhaps we caught this place at a bad time. We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and service and staff were not up to the price. Also the place was full, and services were being stressed. But we found the free breakfast was not being restocked real fast. Both mornings we had to ask for plastic forks to eat our over-cooked scrambled eggs and bacon. The gym had no towels. I had to ask to get one and had trouble finding someone to help with that. One of the two treadmills in the gym was broken. There was a bowl of apples available in the lobby, but every one in the dozen or so was badly bruised and unappetizing. The room was very small, as was the TV. Maid service was very late in the day. We had the same bath towels for both days stay. On the positive side, the place was fairly clean. But we will not go back to this hotel nor recommend it to others. Disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chiggernaut
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in the perfect location right around the corner from everything we need to do. It was very clean except the mild smell from the ac in the room. The best part was the complementary breakfast and snacks they had out almost all throughout the day in the lobby. I even saw them make fresh baked cookies and leave them out. Very nice staff and went out of there way to accommodate us. Not to fancy big exactly what we needed and alittle more.

• Stayed: May 2014