We were in Charleston for the weekend and looked extensively for the right hotel. We didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars per night that it cost in the downtown area so we decided on this Holiday Inn Express in North Charleston. The location was convenient, about 20 minutes into downtown and only a few minutes off the interstate. The most important thing for me is cleanliness and our room was very clean and cool. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful, providing us with a map of downtown and making recommendations on restaurants. After our stay we both agreed that the free breakfast was the best we've had at any hotel. Eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, fresh pancakes, greek yogurt and the regular breads, cereal, and fruit. This saved us a lot of money as we were able to have a good sized breakfast before going out to sightsee all day. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave which was a nice perk. Oh, and I saw a couple reviews about slow internet but didn't have any problems while doing a few hours of work from our room. Highly recommend for those who want a decent hotel without having to spend outrageous amounts of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Gracious Hotel in North Charleston, SC Welcomes You The Holiday Inn Express Hotel North Charleston, SC welcomes you to the 'friendliest city in the nation'. Charleston is the ideal South Carolina vacation destination because it has everything, from deep-sea fishing, world-class golf and tennis, to museums and Spoleto. Leisure travelers appreciate our North Charleston hotel's convenient location and access to the city via I-26. Museum Mile, Fort Sumter, Rainbow Row and the historic district are only 18 miles away. Charleston Southern University is almost next-door. And while lodging in Charleston, SC at our hotel, you can step back in time by visiting nearby plantations. Our low-country hotel in North Charleston means business travelers are close to the Charleston Airport (CHS). The North Charleston Coliseum, Summerville, Goose Creek and Moncks Corner are convenient too. There's also a 24-hour business center and free high-speed Internet access. Charleston, SC is a gracious city and your stay at our smoke free hotel in North Charleston will be equally gracious. We offer the amenities you deserve from the original snapshots of the low-country to the scrumptious, hot breakfast buffet. You can enjoy a seasonal, outdoor pool and spacious rooms, some with Jacuzzis. This is the perfect lodging for everyone from families to groups. Stay Smart on your next visit to Charleston, South Carolina and enjoy great Charleston hotel deals today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charleston North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston North Hotel North Charleston
- Holiday Inn North Charleston
- North Charleston Holiday Inn