“Labor Day”

Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel itself looked nice on the outside and in the lobby. Overall, the staff was friendly. We thought the cleaning definitely lacked some - in the bathroom there was a used (still wet) washcloth on top of the shower curtain that the cleaning lady missed and also the shower curtain had mildew on it, and not just a spot or two, LOTS of mildew! The free breakfast was just ok, nothing to brag about, no fresh fruit and no yogurt. We saw a couple eating yogurt so we asked if there was anymore and we were told yogurt was not a menu item on the weekends but that couple had asked for it for a religious reasons?? We didn't have a religious reason, but would have liked some......but wasn't offered.
With some improvements this could be a really nice hotel. Not sure if we will ever stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for letting us know of your experience at our hotel. We will address the housekeeping issues immediately and insure the employee is better trained to eliminate these problems. We will review the breakfast situation with our manager, yogurt on weekend is a possibllity.
We apologize for any inconvenience to you. Please plan to visit again soon.
You are a valued guest and you business is appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here for my son's soccer tournament friday-tuesday. We had four of our teams families book here too. About 10 minutes after we got in our room we noticed there were FLEAS in it. We informed the front desk who said "we don't allow pets here" they said they would call maintenance. After going to the pool to dip our kids in the water we got back to the room and the smell of flea powder was overwhelming. They offered us 2 smoking rooms but they smelled too bad. It was only after I got on hotels.com in the lobby that they offered us another smoking room that was not as bad for the night. The next day while at the tournament the hotel called me and said we had an hour to get our stuff out of the room we were currently in. So my daughters and I race back to the hotel to switch rooms. When we got there I was informed our new room wouldn't be ready until 3, it was 1:30. My son's next game was at 2. Luckily housekeeping let us put our stuff in the new room while they were finishing cleaning it or I would have left my families things (6 peoples worth of stuff) all along the hallway. Because it was not going back in the car. We raced back to the fields and missed 5 minutes of a 20 minute game. The rest of our stay wasn't as bad. They did take a little money off our bill but it wasn't enough for the hassel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank snpitera
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

I am sorry about the condition of your room, and that we did not have the requested room to move you that day. It seems that communication between departments was the problem the next day. I am so sorry that you missed some of your son's game.
I also apologize for all the inconvenience of having to move from your assigned room. We will discuss all this at our staff meeting to improve these area. We definitely take these comment seriously.
Your business (and soccer teams) are important to us, we appreciate your business and I can assure you that your experience is not typical of our hotel and its services.
Thank you again, wishing you safe travels and winning soccer teams.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Very nice hotel. Clean and excellent value. Caring and professional staff. Staff went out of their way to assist. Convenient on and off interstate and near places to eat. I have stayed here on several occasions and will return again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

As a returning guest, we really appreciate your comments. It is good to know that our staff and our services are the reason for return business. I will share these comments with the employees so they know their hard work is noticed.
Thank you for your business, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel was pretty good for our weekend stay. The beds were really comfortable and the queen suite was roomy. The noise from the hall and room next door was loud but the staff took care of it after we complained. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of our hotel, these reviews are very important to us. I'm glad you let us know about the noise so we could take care of the problem.
We appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My reason for travel was to attend a wedding. I had late arrival but the front desk went beyond their way and accommodates me. They were very friendly and courteous. The Hotel is very accommodating. The Lobby was nicely decorated. The room was very well maintained and smells fresh. I stayed in Two Doubles were clean and comfortable, along with Desk, Television, Internet access, Refrigerator and Hair dryer. The hotel was quiet at night so I had great sleep.. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Your review and recommendations are greatly appreciated. We are so pleased that you chose our hotel for your recent trip to the Charleston area. It is also good to hear that we met your expectations.
Your business and the review are very important to us, we hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My company paid for a week at this hotel. I expected it to be great service since the company paid a good price for it. My kids were with me. NOT a kid friendly hotel. My 4 yr old fell off the bed in his sleep. We immediately got a nuisance call. The next day, they were giggly, we immediately got another call. They had to be as quiet as church mice in order for us to not get a call from the front desk.
The last night of our stay, the fire alarm went off. All the guests start piling out the door, as we get to the outside door, we are told, it is nothing go back to your rooms. No fire truck came to check it out. Later we saw a service man going upstairs. Obviously the owner knew exactly why it went off. I still cant get over no police or fire dept called. What if there had been an electrical fire that you could not see right away?
I WILL NOT Stay here again and I will make certain my company puts no one else here.
When we ask for towels for the pool, they checked them out to you. I guess to make certain you brought them back. I don't know about anyone else but I dont' want their towels.

Room Tip: Some of the maids did not want to service our room if we happened to be in it. Even after we told th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tammy S

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Best Western Airport. I will discuss your comments with the owner so he can make any corrections necessary.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you.
We wish you safe and happy travels.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My family reunion group of over 100 people enjoyed their stay at this Best Western. The hotel is in a great location to food, shopping and downtown! We enjoyed the clean rooms and overall appearance of the hotel! The free breakfast was also a plus!!!!! Thanks for accomodating us...2013 Murph Family Reunion!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Airport for your 2013 Reunion. I am so pleased that your group enjoyed their stay with us. Your business is greatly appreciated, and we thank you also for taking time to write this review so others know of your experience.
We hope your reunion will return to the Charleston area again soon (how about 2014) and will choose to stay with us.
Wishing you safe travels and thanking you for staying with us.