“Best Wester Stay”

Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
St. Matthews, United States
“Best Wester Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Good but was usatisfied with bloody comforter / bed spread. Check in and check out were good. Breakfast was very good had a lot of different items to try. Rooms very nice but not as clean as I hope. Blood was on the bed comforter / bed spread, the person that cleaned this room should have seen this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Vanessa B
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I am so sorry about the comforter problem, yes, the housekeeper should have replaced it immediately. I apologize for this and the inconvenience and the concern that this caused.
We have discussed this issue with our staff so corrections are being made.
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your review and your business.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff very helpful. Our flight was cancelled because of a bad storm and although the hotel was filled the manager was able to let us stay in our room for our extended stay. We were very impressed with the professionalism of the manager. The small earthquake in part of South Carolina topped off our stay with a little shaking of the hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Darleen M
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that we could accommodate your needs as your flight was cancelled. We hope you make it to your next destination safely.
Please plan to visit us again when you are in the Charleston area, we appreciate your business.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Upon arrival we were delayed 15 minutes because the guy at the desk claimed that the "maid" wasn't done cleaning our room at 3:20 we finally get to our room (401) king jacuzzi suite / and we get unloaded and started to run the jacuzzi and BLACK METAL flakes/sediments started to pour out of faucet into tub where my 3 month old was sitting- we picked him up and wiped him off called front desk and the "maintenance" guy and room service maid came to the room he said oh it's nothing just a little sediment, like it wasn't a big deal and began to wash it down the drain and the maid started to wipe the tub down with a clean rag, so he emphasized that it was fine and to continue on with my day and jacuzzi was fine, so they left from room and my wife , baby, and I began to run more water and the BLACK SEDIMENT/METAL started coming out all on us, so I had no choice but to call back down to front desk and complain and was offered a 30 dollar discount or switch to another room , now at this time I have metal all over me and my family and have no choice to jump in the main shower so I go get in the main shower and guess what the same black metal sediments cover my body - furious I call best western 1800 and complain to get my refund , but the worse part is my wife had to prepare a bottle before we knew about the water issue and my child drank this water as well as my self - I have photos all of this occurrence and is have contacted a lawyer because of negligence for the simple fact that the house keeper and her helper stated that people had complained about this problem prior to this issue but the owner would rather put mulch out than fix problems, so we went to the Hyatt hotel and enjoyed a very nice night after this but this isn't the end of this matter I can promise that-

• Stayed March 2014
6 Thank FrankieVols
Midlothian, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

An altogether dirty experience. At the outset this place looks reasonable but do not start paying attention. There were flecks in my tub of dark brown or black. The woman at the desk said several disturbing things about this. Did it come out of the water? They were trying to find out what it was? It is not in all the rooms? etc. Yet no one told me in advance and there was no advice not to drink the water or use it to brush my teeth. They have recycle/trash cantainers in the halls a good plan except that the top on the 4th floor was covered in sticky stills. the floor in the only elevator was filthy including evident dried spills. It this was not enough in the morning there was a clump on mud on the floor in the breakfast room which no staff tried to clean up. The mud was tracked from the front door, thru the lobby, down the hall, into the breakfast room and during the hour I observed it there no staff made any effort to do anything about it. I may not ever stay at another Best Western but surely will not be found in this one again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Jeanette1214
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I am so sorry that you were not pleased with your accommodations at our hotel. We will use our comments to improve our rooms and services.
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The A/C was frozen up when we arrived. It took several hours to thaw. The TV remote was not the best in the world. The breakfast was very good. No noise, and a very good location. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so sorry you had problems with the a/c and the remote. Our maintenance person has already made adjustments to the a/c and replaced the remote. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.
We appreciate your review and hope you will visit again soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here recently, Feb 22, 2014. I had no difficulty in finding a parking spot, and my check in was friendly, efficient, fast and the clerk even took me out to show me the close by eating spots. I would call that extra helpful. I can't remember the name of the front desk clerk, so I can't mention her name, but whoever she was can be found by the date and she was there in the early evening hour, around 4:30ish - 5ish hour.

The parking lot outside is clean and spacious. The lobby is clean and welcoming and modern. The elevator could be better with some mirrors, but it was clean nonetheless. The hall is fresh smelling, and clean. My room was utterly clean and immaculate. I was very happy with my room, and immediately felt comfortable. The breakfast was fine, plentiful and hot, no issues here. All in all, a great hotel for an overnight.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Traveller0515
Thank you for posting the review of your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and are so happy you enjoyed your visit.
Please plan to visit again when you are in the Charleston area, we appreciate your business.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Very convenient location. Staff was UNhelpful in finding a pair of jeans I had left in the room. I'm certain housekeeping either kept them or threw them in the trash to eliminate having to process them back to me. I'm not happy about this at all and told them so.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Bob T
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
I am so sorry that your jeans could not be found. This is not typical of our hotel and we did a search to find the jeans to no results.
Thank you for staying with us, again, I am sorry that your jeans were not found.