“Awkward Check-In”

Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
“Awkward Check-In”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

To begin with, I called to see if we could do an early check in because we had just gotten off of a flight, and they told us sure, but it would take about 30 minutes or so. We decided to get some food beforehand and arrived about 45 minutes later. They told us the room was still not ready and we ended up waiting about 1.5 hours more, even though they kept repeating it would be ready any minute now. We finally got our keys and room number and headed up to the room. As soon as we walked in we saw that there were already people in the room that were as surprised to see us as we were seeing them! This led to a bit of an embarrassing situation. We went back down and finally got another room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced during your recent stay with us. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing these issues to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and experience the improvements we have made with our service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Jermyn
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We arrived at this Best Western around 8pm after a long day on the motorcycles I had a problem with my reservation as I booked 2 rooms on priceline.com. waiting and waiting for my reservation to come back, Taysha the front desk clerk new I was having a problem and she was so helpfull in trying to help me troubleshoot in to why I did not recieve my confirmation. She was so kind into giving me the phone # for priceline! finally after realizing my internet service was poor and signing on to the Best Westerns internet, the confirmation arrived whitin a few minutes.Taysha was very helpful and we appriciated all she did to help expedite our res! Thank you Taysha!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
I am sorry that there was a problem with your reservation but it is so good to know that our employee handled it to your satisfaction. Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at our hotel. Your business is important, without you, there is no us. Please come again soon.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Attractive exterior and lobby. Friendly and helpful check-in staff. Plenty of luggage carts available for guest use. I loved my room.Comfortable mattress. It was clean with nice bedding. Beautiful furnishings, I love the lamps especially! Room size very generous. Comfortable sofa in room is a plus. Refrigerator larger size than most. Decent quality towels, etc.Washers & Dryers in good working order. No complaint at all with this property and staff. I will say that the breakfast was just average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Evansee
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review. As always it is a pleasure to know that we have made our guests stay pleasurable, memorable, and comfortable. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service from check in to check out.
I will pass your comments on to our staff, and we look forward to seeing you and again in the future.
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We are here for 7 days for my sons graduation. We have a room with 2 beds and a couch. The staff here has been awesome for us. My husband and I have even commented that staff wise this is the best we have seen. Everyone smiles and says hi to you. We had an issue with our fridge and the manager immediately came and changed it out and it wasn't the middle of the day either. Then we asked for new sheets for the fold up couch and we not only got them but they made the bed up also. Front desk staff was great with my son when he would get pool towels they always spoke to him respectfully and not just ignoring him.(We have had that before) We had no issues checking in either, we arrived at 10:30 on Saturday night. The biggest negative for us was the beds were too firm for our liking. It was cool to see some of the planes and jets fly by, perfect for our son. Not so bad that it was disruptive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent visit at our hotel. I will share you comments with our staff so they know of your comments, and their hard work is recognized. Thank you for your review, your business is appreciated.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My family and I have stayed at Best Western twice and both times we were very delighted with our stay. In the morning the breakfast area can get crowded but thats being nit picky.
Last time we stayed we forgot our toothpaste and instead of running to the store, the clerk at the front desk provided some for us.
My son also wore himself out at the pool,which we as parents appreciate when it comes to bed time!
whenever we travel to North Charleston this our place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel for the second time. Your review is so important to us as we work to offer great services and comfortable accommodations.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ellicott City, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was an outstanding experience and a great value for the money. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the North Charleston area. This was my first time staying in a Best Western Motel and it truly exceeded my expectations. The staff was personable and appeared to generally glad to have me and my family as guests. The ironing board was missing from the room and my wife called the Front desk to report it. In less than five minutes an ironing board was delivered to the room. Awesome!.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your recent experience .We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. We value you as a guest, and please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We arrived at 8 in the evening on a Friday night. No one was at the desk. I tapped the bell several times - no one appeared. After what seemed like 5 minutes or more, the phone rang . . and rang. . . and rang! Finally after what seemed like 12 + rings a clerk arrived from somewhere across the lobby to answer the phone. After hanging up, he took care of my reservation very business like, not very friendly. We left on a Sunday morning about 10. No one was at the desk at this supposedly busy time. I had to tap that darn bell again. A different guy came out and just looked at me. I said I was checking out and told him my name. He looked up my account on the computer, walked to get the printout while cracking his knuckles and returned to hand me the printout. Never said A WORD to me. No, "how was your stay" or "drive carefully" . . . NOTHING!

Breakfast was OK. . . but the floor in front of the "vittles" was STICKY . . . YUCK! Same for the floor in front of the elevators . . . sticky! There was a large stain on the bed covering. It looked like an old stain, but still, it didn't leave a very good impression.

The whole interior was rather drab looking! It would look a whole lot better with brighter paint and a more cheerful interior.

I was in Charleston for a wedding and scoping this place out for a family reunion in July. NO WAY JOSE! The pictures on their website were appealing and the other reviews looked good, but that was not my experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I am so sorry that you were not greeted properly, the employee should have been friendly and helpful. We appreciate your feedback so we can make corrections as needed. Thank you for letting us know of this situation. Your business is appreciated.