“Major Reservation Error on busy weekend and did nothing to assist!”

Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Major Reservation Error on busy weekend and did nothing to assist!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked two rooms at the Best Western Airport Inn & Suites through Bookings.com. Bookings.com correctly sent them a confirming fax for TWO rooms. When I arrived to check in around 8 p.m., the hotel desk staff said I only booked one room. I said no, I booked two! First they said it was my error, that they only showed one room. When I showed them my email confirmation for two room, they then blamed bookings.com for the error. When I finally called bookings.com, they resent the confirmation fax to the Best Western showing TWO rooms. The hotel had entered the wrong number of rooms in their reservation computer.

The Best Western offered no solution! The proper thing to redress their booking error would have been to "walk" us to another hotel. THEY should have booked rooms for us at another hotel and paid for at least the difference in rate. Instead they did nothing. I refused to take the one room they did have reserved because we were travelling as a group in one car.

After searches on my smart phone and numerous phone calls, I was able to book two rooms at the nearby Hyatt and we stayed there.

Bookings.com was terrific and reimbursed us for the last minute reservation price difference between the Hyatt and the Best Western on this busy Charleston graduation weekend.

We wasted over two hours and blew our evening as a result of this Best Western booking error and the ineptitude and unresponsiveness of the front desk staff! Anybody can make a mistake, but own up to it and try fix the problem! I would not recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't book there
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fred K
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
On behalf our entire staff, I apologize for our mistake with your reservation. We also apologize for the inconvenience to you and you travel party. We will certainly be more careful with future reservations and additional training will be implemented. Again, we are so sorry this happened and the stress it caused you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Blacksburg, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Far enough from downtown to avoid congestion, close enough to be there in minutes. Great staff, great hotel. The breakfast hit the spot and there was always coffee. The housekeeping staff did a fantastic job as well. There were plenty of hings to do nearby if you were not looking to driving into downtown Charleston.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Charleston. We appreciate your review so others know of our facility. Your business is important to us and is greatly appreciated.
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is awesome! It has friendly staff, great food, and everything you are looking for. The wifi is fast, the food is great, the staff is friendly, and the fitness room is great. The rooms and hotel are very clean. I definitely recommend for families!

Stayed July 2014
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your review, we are so glad that you found us to be "great". We strive to exceed the guest expectations. We look forward to having you visit again soon.
Columbia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked this hotel for a family get away weekend not knowing what to expect. It is an excellent hotel and even though it is not new, it is in good shape and meticulously maintained. It is close to I-26 and the airport, but tucked in at the end of a dead end road so the noise is not bad. The breakfast bar has basically the same menu each day, but there are adequate choices of food. My only point of dissatisfaction is the rock hard beds. I don't know why hotels buy these "bricks" for people to sleep on. After 3 nights lying on the brick my back hurts.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We are so glad that you enjoyed you weekend getaway at our hotel. Thank you for your comments about our facility and services. Our staff works very hard to offer exceptional service.
Please come visit again when you need to get away.
Mon tgomery, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I visited the Best Western Hotel in June 2014. I was a late arrival and I was pleasantly surprised that, after a long day, I was greeted by the front-desk staff with a cheerful and helpful manner. the drive from the airport was a little longer than I expected, and the location was a little 'hidden' but GPS took me straight to it. The bed was good but the pillows were small and too rigid for my comfort. However, all told, the visit was a success. Breakfast was about par for the price range of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to our hotel. We are so glad that you found our facility to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again soon.
n. charleston, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly smiling faces. We were only booked for one night but wanted to remain a second night and that was no problem for them. The rooms were very clean and bed comfortable. We wished we had that comfortable bed at home. The breakfast was complimentary and we had several items to choose from. We would go back next time we are in that area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so glad that you found our Best Western to be the Best. We appreciate your feedback and your business. Please come visit us again soon.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

To begin with, I called to see if we could do an early check in because we had just gotten off of a flight, and they told us sure, but it would take about 30 minutes or so. We decided to get some food beforehand and arrived about 45 minutes later. They told us the room was still not ready and we ended up waiting about 1.5 hours more, even though they kept repeating it would be ready any minute now. We finally got our keys and room number and headed up to the room. As soon as we walked in we saw that there were already people in the room that were as surprised to see us as we were seeing them! This led to a bit of an embarrassing situation. We went back down and finally got another room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced during your recent stay with us. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing these issues to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and experience the improvements we have made with our service.