DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Good and bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Nathan at the Front Desk is awesome. We have stayed here twice and the second time we were upgraded to a suite that was really nice. I agree the area is not the best but the parking lot is very well lit. My major gripe is why a hotel of this class would provide guests with such cheap toilet paper? I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel that uses the quality of toilet paper that we had in our suite. Breakfast was ok, the staff was neither friendly or helpful. But I would still recommend this hotel, just take your own toilet paper!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I were in Charleston to attend a wedding at Runnymeade plantation. Since we are not Kanye and Kim, we didn't want to stay downtown and spend $400 for a so-so hotel. Since we were renting a car, we decided we didn't mind staying further away and getting a nicer hotel.

I am so glad we choose DoubleTree for a few reasons:
1. Location - I know there are some complaints about the blah area, but unless you came to Charleston to do extensive sightseeing then who cares. The area is sort of industrial and drab but once you are inside the hotel you forget about all that. Which leads me to...

2. Decor - lobby was clean and actually kind of beautiful. Someone took some extra time to make this place look very modern and elegant. A big screen is in front with some cozy chairs, nice little bar/restaurant area, and some other amenities.

3. Service - EXCELLENT. Reggie helped us the entire stay and not only was he attentive and awesome (when we were eating at the bar, the bartender told us a round of drinks was on Reggie!) but he upgraded us to a suite for no apparent reason other than he is awesome. Our bartender was friendly, helpful, and courteous. Every person I encountered during our stay went above and beyond the call of duty.

4. The room - great suite. New furniture and appliances. The bathroom had plenty of room for two people and the bed was very comfortable. No complaints about the room whatsoever. Any time we needed anything, we called down and were promptly helped.

5. The pool! - Yeah, the pool does back up to the freeway but I SWEAR you forget about this as soon are you relaxing. I went down to the pool for a few hours to read a magazine and hang out and it was great. I even tried out the pool and it was clean and well kept. There are these cute cabanas with cozy couches and chairs - a nice touch. Also - there is a firepit and chairs outside near the pool area which was a nice addition to this area. Very cozy but still large enough to have a bunch of people out there at one time.

6. Food - the food at the bar was actually pretty good! I was pleasantly surprised. Not a 5 star restaurant by any means but definitely better than a local chili's.

What else is there to say? This hotel is affordable, clean, easy on the eyes and has GREAT service. As I mentioned earlier, I quickly forgot about the surrounding area once I was inside the hotel because they treated us like we were royalty. I don't know about you, but I'd rather stay somewhere that treats me well, that is clean and kept up than stay at a place that costs triple and I am treated like some annoying tourist.

Two thumbs up all the way. Thanks, Reggie, for making our Charleston trip extra amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dana B
DoubleTree H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Mrs. Dana B,
Thanks so much for the thoughtful review about the DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston Airport. We love the design of our new property, especially the new décor. Our pool and fire pit area have been a big hit with our guest. We agree with you %100 about Reggie, he is very helpful and cares about each and everyone of our guest. Thanks again for staying with us.

843-518-6200
North Charleston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel staff was great. The layout of the hotel was very appealing because my kids really enjoyed the fire pit outside. It had a great bar and dining area. It was very conveniently located for the activities that we were involved in during our stay. Easy to get into parking lot from interstate.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Walter P
DoubleTree H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Mr. Walter P,
Thanks so much for the positive feedback. The DoubleTree by Hilton ensures that we upheld the standards that they set for us. We think the fire pit was an awesome feature to the fantastic pool area. The next time you come visit us the children would love Frankie’s fun park, which is located right down the street from us. It has putt-putt, batting cages, and an arcade. We deeply appreciate the great review.

Best Regards,
Doubletree by Hilton Charleston Airport
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

This property is still brand new, mordern, and very chik. I appreciated the 5 star service from the front desk manager, Nathan, who was very down to earth and quick to make you feel at home! They give you free out of this world Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with nuts. The bar area is the perfect place to watch a football game and just hang out with friends. I liked the fact it is central area of North Charleston, SC and right next to the interstate/very convenient. I really liked the crystal kryptonite decor in the breakfast area. I thought, I was on the set of "Superman". The breakfast buffet was delicious especially the southern grits and oatmeal. I will definitely be back to this Double Tree and tell all my colleagues. I suggest you check out this awesome new property...

Room Tip: The corner suite on the third floor is heavenly.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank KFC41
Thank you for the very kind review about the DoubleTree By Hilton Charleston Airport.
Most every guest is in agreement with you about how wonderful the warm chocolate chip and walnut cookie. We work really hard on giving the best customer service that is possible. Thanks so much for the great review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,

Doubletree by Hilton Charleston Airport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This property appears to be a remodel of an older hotel. However, they have spent extensive time and care to make an excellent property. I have no complaints with our suite. Spacious room, great TV's, comfortable bed and beautiful bathroom. No problem recommending the DoubleTree, N. Charleston!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank 10Shirt
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review about the DoubleTree By Hilton Charleston Airport. Our property is a new remodel; we have only been open for a little under a year. We have had a lot of complements about the design and layout of our hotel. Thanks again for the thoughts.

Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I recently spent three full weeks with Nathan, Doug and all of the other wonderful staff at the Double Tree, North Charleston. While the complex itself was clean, modern and inviting, as with most great hotels, it's the staff that makes this Double Tree special. There was NOTHING we needed that was not delivered quickly, completely and always with a smile. It's never fun to be away from home for three weeks, but the Double Tree staff filled the role of my "second family" to perfection!!
The regular rooms are great, but for a few $$$ more, the very large and comfortable two room suites are a very good value. Would highly recommend this hotel for your business function or for a family vacation in Charleston. Only a 20 min drive to the heart of Charleston, but much greater value than a downtown hotel.
Thanks Nate and Doug...hope to see you again soon!!
NJF

Room Tip: All room have comfortable beds, great pillows and individual heat/AC control, but the two room suite...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank NF29646
DoubleTree H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hello NF29646,

Thank you for such glowing feedback of our property and our service team. I would agree with you that Doug and Nathan are great at what they do as I hear the same feedback from so many others that stay with us as well. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for choosing Doubletree and we hope to see you again the next time you find yourself in Charleston.

Michael Estes - General Manager
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The rooms are new and well set up. I felt very comfortable in their suites. The living room had a fridge, desk, large couch and nice big flat screen. I was able to watch football while my wife was getting ready in the seperate bedroom. I felt like I was at home. The staff was very helpful and polite. I was even greeted by the General Manager, Mike Estes, at check in. This is my hotel whenever I travel to North Charleston.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Jason P
Hello JasonP,

Thank you for the kind review of our property. I am happy to hear that our spacious suites were comfortable for you. I thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston Airport and I look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Charleston. Safe travels!

Michael Estes - General Manager