Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Galveston Island, Texas
“Awesome Visit”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Great experience! I'll be honest, I critique everything, but found fault with nothing. The front desk staff was pleasant, especially Terrence. He took time out to help my husband and I find a restaurant and bakery to treat ourselves to an anniversary dinner. Get this... he mapquested the restaurant and printed out directions for us. Fabulous customer service, a nice selection of breakfast foods, and an awesome cleaning staff is what you'll find at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate. One last thing... if you love shopping, then the mall is less than a mile away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 229 is easily accessible via a side door if you swipe your key card. This is good to know if yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lois l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This hotel is the Best hotel we have ever stayed in while visiting Charleston. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. The pool is the best relaxation I have had in a while and the setup was great. The staff are so welcoming and helpful! Terrance at the front desk is the most polite guy I have ever met, and was always willing to help! This will be our hotel from now on, can not wait to come back with my husband and let him experience all the wonderful things this hotel has to offer :-)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Sidney, Ohio
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We just stayed here last week, and everything was clean and very comfortable, including the beds. The staff was really nice and helpful. Haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn for a while, but this was one of the best hotel stays that we have had. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is a great location for business travel with a very friendly, helpful staff from the top down. The rooms are clean and good shape with a comfortable bed. The managers reception is a nice touch. I always stay here when in town and would strongly recommend it. This is the first hotel review that I have ever written.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Forest
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The staff at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate could not have been more accommodating. They allowed us to check in early and allowed us to stay until noon on our final day. We were greeted with a hot, breakfast with a good variety of items each morning and a fresh out-of-the-oven cookie each afternoon. There was not a problem getting extra towels and even some shaving cream. The palm tree lined pool area had very accommodating hours and was keep immaculate. We received good information for local restaurants and sites fro the front desk. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The internet connection was very good as well. I can not say enough about this hotel. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I don't think you can find a "bad" room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I NEVER write these reviews! But I'll tell you why I'm writing this one - when we checked out of this hotel, the front desk clerk (I think he was a manager) was so nice, and offered us a candy bar with a little "Please review us on TripAdvisor" card attached to it. I have never seen anything like this before...and thought it was such a small, thoughtful gesture that it's been in the back of my mind to come here and write a review.

We only stayed one night, but had no issues. We booked through Priceline and tried to get a one bedroom room, but they were supposedly sold out. Not sure how true that was, but either way it wasn't a huge issue and the girl that checked us in was very nice.

I thought the room was very clean, and I was especially impressed with their bathrooms. In the morning we got up early and I personally expected to see some old bagels and coffee lying around for their complementary breakfast, but I was very wrong. My fiance and I were SO impressed! They had everything you could think of: milk, coffee, juice, yogurt, muffins, cinnamon rolls, toast, bagels..as well as some hot options like scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy. We only grabbed a few things on our way out, but if we had time we definitely would have stayed to eat!

We are having our wedding in Charleston and are so happy with our service at this hotel that we will definitely be staying again, perhaps even using it for our wedding guests.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was impressed with this hotel. The rooms had been redone recently and things looked fresh and new. We had a fridge and counter space which was nice to have. Bathroom clean and great pressure in the shower. The bed wasn't as new as the rest of the room. The continental breakfast had a great variety of options. One of the best I have had. The signature cinnamon buns were a treat. We were even greeted every afternoon with warm chocolate chip cookies. The front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel is convenient to the highway and all of Charleston's attractions. Good value. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
SpringHill Suites Charleston Nor...
#15 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
#5 of 58 in North Charleston
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express and Suites C...
#1 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
Address: 7670 Northwoods Blvd, I-26 Exit 209, North Charleston, SC 29406-4032
#7 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#9 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
#11 Family Hotel in North Charleston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate 2.5*
Charleston South Carolina has it all history, museums, plantations, beaches, deep-sea fishing, golf, world renowned dining and more. Charleston is a great place for a mini or extended vacation with year-round cultural events that everyone will enjoy. Southeastern Wildlife Expo Cooper River Bridge Run Flowertown Festival Family Circle Cup / Tennis Heritage Rally Spoleto Festival Our award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel is located in South Carolina s largest shopping district and twelve miles from Charleston s Historic Downtown. Our hotel is packed with amenities fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, business center, spacious guest rooms, Jacuzzi suites, and meeting and banquet facilities. Perfect for the business traveler and leisure traveler alike, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - North Charleston South Carolina invites you to a memorable visit to the Low Country. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate