Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The Staff went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. They were always happy, pleasant and courteous. We asked for extras such as a roll out cot, laundry service, toothpaste, and directions to local attractions. These requests were always fulfilled with smiles, and an eagerness to help. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn Express. The noise level was minimal, the most annoying thing was the door at the end of our hallway slamming at night, but that was even minimal. Everything about this hotel was clean and well kept. Everything was well cared for. The staff was friendly and very helpful. They had great information about places to eat, as well as directions to nearby attractions. I appreciated that each staff member would great you in the hallway, from housekeeping to maintenance. The hot breakfast was pretty good, not anything fabulous, but something a little different each day. The room was always very clean, as was the bathroom in the room as well as in the lobby. We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, and I never once thought that maybe I should have stayed elsewhere. We enjoyed staying outside of the city and the crowds of downtown. The stay was great for the price. If I return to the Charleston area, I would definitely stay at this Holiday Inn Express again.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We came here for my daughter's C of C College Orientation. The front desk check in was quick and friendly, and the complimentary bottled waters and packages of crackers came at the perfect time after our drive. We spent a few minutes at the manager's reception, with wine for myself and soda for my daughter and her boyfriend, along with free chips and salsa and bean dip. Nice touch! Terrence, as others have mentioned, was superb. Extremely friendly, quickly ran to get me a welcome package with a map of the area and coupons that he said I should have received at check-in. We spoke to him about a ghost tour, which we planned to embark on, and he gave us some awesome pointers and told of his experience with them. We did go on a tour that evening, and strangely enough had some , let's say "spooky" happenings in our room there after. We hoped nothing had followed us back from the Old City Jail tour. The breakfast was all of our favorite freebies. Everything you could imagine from bagels and several toasts and muffins, to eggs, bacon, sausage, awesome giant hot cinnamon rolls, yogurt, fruit, cereal, oatmeal and even a make your own pancake machine, which we got quite a kick out of. Definitely the best buffet breakfast you could want. We didn't need any special requests or anything, but I'm sure if we had they would have been right on it. I did mention our "spooky" happenings to the woman at check out, and she said I was not the first person to mention something like that. Needless to say we took a final ride past the jail on our way out and told whoever was with us to STAY THERE!! Just to be sure.....

Room Tip: We thought the room was quite soundproof, we heard a thud once or twice, but no TVs, talking or anyt...
1  Thank Mommytofive
Reviewed 21 June 2013

What a great experience!! The staff (front desk, breakfast, housekeepers etc.) Everyone was friendly, helpful and pleasant. Great breakfast, clean and comfortable accommodations and just a wonderful experience for my family and I. It was definitely a great stay In order for me to take the time to write this review :-)

1  Thank T E
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had three families staying for three days in mid June. We are usually very pleased with most Holiday Inn Express hotels but the staff at this hotel exceeded expectations. From the front desk to housekeeping to those serving breakfast, everyone was extremely helpful and courteous! Rooms were wonderful and the pool area is nice and relaxing. I would highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank S C
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is a great place to stay! The staff was excellent, friendly and helpful. Everything was clean and beyond comfortable. Just 10 miles outside of Charleston, the easy access to the highway made for an easy drive in each day of our stay. If you don't want to venture into Chucktown for meals, there are a variety of good restaurants nearby. We were especially impressed after our first night. Our lovely King suite had the bed positioned RIGHT next to the window air conditioner. It was too hot to turn it off so had an uncomfortable nights sleeps with air blowing on me all night. The next day we asked to be moved which they did with a smile and great expediency. They even helped up moved everything down the hall to the new room and we were out the door to enjoy our day before we knew it. I would not hesitate to direct anyone to this property.

Room Tip: We learned that the rooms that end with a 9 or 7 all have the "too close" air conditioner
1  Thank Glennyce
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Great experience! I'll be honest, I critique everything, but found fault with nothing. The front desk staff was pleasant, especially Terrence. He took time out to help my husband and I find a restaurant and bakery to treat ourselves to an anniversary dinner. Get this... he mapquested the restaurant and printed out directions for us. Fabulous customer service, a nice selection of breakfast foods, and an awesome cleaning staff is what you'll find at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate. One last thing... if you love shopping, then the mall is less than a mile away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 229 is easily accessible via a side door if you swipe your key card. This is good to know if yo...
1  Thank lois l
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
Best Western Charleston Inn
Best Western Charleston Inn
#24 of 61 in Charleston
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
SpringHill Suites Charleston Nor...
#15 of 58 in North Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston North
#11 of 58 in North Charleston
Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston /  West Ashley
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and S...
#7 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate

Address: 7670 Northwoods Blvd, I-26 Exit 209, North Charleston, SC 29406-4032
#7 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#9 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
#11 Family Hotel in North Charleston
Price Range: £85 - £153 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate 2.5*
Charleston South Carolina has it all history, museums, plantations, beaches, deep-sea fishing, golf, world renowned dining and more. Charleston is a great place for a mini or extended vacation with year-round cultural events that everyone will enjoy. Southeastern Wildlife Expo Cooper River Bridge Run Flowertown Festival Family Circle Cup / Tennis Heritage Rally Spoleto Festival Our award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel is located in South Carolina s largest shopping district and twelve miles from Charleston s Historic Downtown. Our hotel is packed with amenities fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, business center, spacious guest rooms, Jacuzzi suites, and meeting and banquet facilities. Perfect for the business traveler and leisure traveler alike, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - North Charleston South Carolina invites you to a memorable visit to the Low Country. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate