“Nice and new in Charleston”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Columbia, South Carolina
“Nice and new in Charleston”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

For a quick get away to Charleston or a short business visit, this is a great hotel just to spend the night in comfort and get some rest. The location is very convenient if you are driving to Charleston. The staff is very courteous and the breakfast is fine. Plenty of parking on the property. The rooms are spacious, well equipped with flat screen tv and high speed internet.
Beds are comfortable and rooms quiet

Room Tip: Convenient and price competitive hotel to book in advance!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louis D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice property! Location was great and the beds were very clean and comfortable! It is very hard to find a nice property for the price in North Charleston, but this one fit the bill! Will definitely be back in a few weeks! Good breakfast also!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We like the location as it was easy to go to Plantations and a local restaurant called THE GLASS ONION. Which is now one of my 10 favorite in the US. So Location is perfect. Also, the traffic and parking are really difficult in the historic and restaurant area.

The hospitality delivered by the staff could not be improved upon I don't think. So, again perfect. The room was VERY CLEAN, the bed very comfortable and a great nights sleep. On Friday night for my birthday we got food to go from The Glass Onion and a terrific bottle of wine and ate by the pool. Beautiful evening, perfect weather alone at a nice table at the pool, quiet, you could almost hear the thoughts of a couple guests when they saw us enjoying the pool- I think they were wondering why they didn't think of it. Breakfast was OK it is mandated by corporate and they did it well, and maintained it well. The coffee was really good.

Room Tip: Make your reservations well in advance- I did not and the rates were quite a bit higher a few weeks...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband, 6.5 month old baby, and I stayed here while visiting my grandfather and my husband's aunt and uncle. We selected The Holiday Inn express based on other positive reviews here on TA as well as location to those we were visiting. I had never stayed here so I always worry about a new place. No need to. This place was great, right beside the mall and restaurants were not too far. I loved it.

We arrived Saturday morning before check-in time Mr. Tyrone let me tell you, was so nice and helpful. (Look like he was doing some cleaning he had the vacuum out LOL). He greeted us with a smile, and had no problem checking us in and getting us to our room. Give us welcome package and the works. We drove most of the night so we were just ready to get in the room. After checking us in, I told Mr. Tyrone now he can get back to vacuum we laugh. I told him (I love a man that cleans). The room was very clean (I didn't find a single hair... yay!) and very spacious. The bed was comfy. Thums-up to the housekeepers the breakfast bar was nice with plenty to choose from and it was well-staffed and stocked all the way up to the 9:30am. I actually felt as comfortable as if I were at home staying in this hotel! Oh, and the outdoor pool were very nice. Although this hotel is beautiful, it is also family friendly. We saw other children and we saw lots of other families. I think it was a team or something. However the Holiday Inn express is the place to stay. We went to down town and had a good time. We had fun and will be coming back.

Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Excellent stay
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Milton, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at this Hotel in August. This has to be the best Holiday Inn Express I have stayed at so far. Friendly Staff, Nice clean rooms & bathrooms, comfortable beds. Fantastic breakfast. There is a great variety.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Kathy and Shaquoia, both of whom work at the front desk, provided outstanding customer service to both my son and me, even though I was far away in San Antonio.

My 18-year old son decided to leave his college in Charleston and we booked a room for him at this hotel. Kathy welcomed him, helped him tape up the boxes in which all of his belongings had been shipped, and even fed him pizza!! As a concerned mother, I was so grateful to Kathy for taking him in.

Then, Shaquioa went out of her way to help me get those three big boxes shipped back home to us in San Antonio. I e-mailed the mailing labels to her and she fixed them on the boxes. She also offered to arrange for the boxes to be picked up by UPS. She sent me an e-mail and called me when everything was ready to go.

These women were incredibly helpful and I am so thankful for all they did for my son and me during a stressful forty-eight hour period.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Yvonne G
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed at this property four years ago, were very pleased, and decided to stay there again on this trip. We were not disappointed. The place is in excellent condition, the staff is very helpful, the hot breakfast was nice, the A/C worked well, and the beds were comfortable. This is a great choice for visitors to Charleston. Much cheaper and quieter than places in town, and only about 15 minutes from the historic district of Charleston via I-26.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the rear of the motel and may be quieter. We faced the front of the proper...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston /  West Ashley
Best Western Charleston Inn
Best Western Charleston Inn
#25 of 61 in Charleston
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,119 reviews
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
SpringHill Suites Charleston Nor...
#15 of 58 in North Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston North
Hampton Inn Charleston North
#6 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
#7 of 58 in North Charleston
Holiday Inn Express Charleston North
Holiday Inn Express Charleston N...
#21 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
Address: 7670 Northwoods Blvd, I-26 Exit 209, North Charleston, SC 29406-4032
#7 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#9 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
#11 Family Hotel in North Charleston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate 2.5*
Charleston South Carolina has it all history, museums, plantations, beaches, deep-sea fishing, golf, world renowned dining and more. Charleston is a great place for a mini or extended vacation with year-round cultural events that everyone will enjoy. Southeastern Wildlife Expo Cooper River Bridge Run Flowertown Festival Family Circle Cup / Tennis Heritage Rally Spoleto Festival Our award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel is located in South Carolina s largest shopping district and twelve miles from Charleston s Historic Downtown. Our hotel is packed with amenities fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, business center, spacious guest rooms, Jacuzzi suites, and meeting and banquet facilities. Perfect for the business traveler and leisure traveler alike, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - North Charleston South Carolina invites you to a memorable visit to the Low Country. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate