“Oh Heck NO”

Ranked #40 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Sumter, South Carolina
“Oh Heck NO”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Front Desk staff was very friendly and helpful with maps. But the room was horrid, we had to time to change to a different one without paying Expedia charges for a late change but wish we had. The bathroom was dirty with other peoples hair in the shower and on the floor. The carpet was not only worn but dirty also. The beds were ok but the blanket had holes. Never again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank weilok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The staff is very nice and they care for sure. I am in the back, have not heard anything crazy yet, but for sure there is drug action here. Last night a cop car was in the lot by the office most of the night. You can tell and see they have serious drug issues here and its very well known at this hotel. If anything crazy happens in the next few days , i will update this post..

I'm a big guy traveling alone, so i am not worried about loser druggies in the lot trying to peddle their garbage, but i can see that if my kids were with me, i would have concerns.

Room Tip: Internet costs 2.99 per day, kind of cheap for them to add that to your bill for internet they alrea...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank s b
Seneca
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My 2 Friends and I can down for a girls vacation. We found this hotel on a app and being 3 college kids, saving money is a must! Who could turn down a $54 room? Right, well when we got there first they sent us to a room that wasn't even clean. A hotel staff was up on the floor walking around talking to the gang of men on the walkway, she then took is to another room. As we was walking away the African American men made very inappropriate comments about us, about what they would like to do to us! And the staff just laughed about it like it wasn't a big deal. We was terrified by the time we returned to my car I was in a full blown panic attack! It was just to much for me the unclean rooms, (the other room we was sent to wasn't that much better clean), the guys and the rude sexual comments, the men drinking 40's (beer) in the parking lot blaring hip-hop music from their cars, grills in the parking lot like people lived their, possible prostitution and a drug dealing we actually witnessed. We was so scared to stay in this "getto hell" I immediately went to the office and demanded a refund or I was going to call my bank and cancel the payment bc We refused to stay in such conditions especially when we feared the walk from our car to our room! Stay away from this place, it may have a good low price but it's so not worth it!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AmberL91
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This place may win the prize of the worst hotel I have ever been! Even for just one night it was not possible to sleep because of the noise from outside and the disrespectful customers who were talking very loud in the middle of the night. The cleanliness of the room was ok, but some equipments weren't working, like the AC and the sink. Moreover you have all the bad smells coming from the Waffle House beside the hotel! It is not a good value hotel as we paid $61 for a terrible night, it is too much.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 9 May 2014

It was a nice, clean room, and the place, although not close to Charleston downtown, is at a good location with the Waffle House and some other restaurants right outside across the parking lot and the bus stop on the corner of Ashley Phosphate & the intersecting main road from which you can take the No. 10 bus to downtown Charleston is just about a 15 to 20 minute walk from the motel. I was especially impressed with the guest service of the evening and night staff ladies' (Janelle was the courteous of all, thank you, Janelle). There was a big swimming pool at the back although I didn't have time to go in. With the hotels in downtown Charleston being like at least twice as much as what you would pay for this Motel 6 north Charleston, this is definitely a place to stay when you're in Charleston for sightseeing if you're like me who's budget-minded and who doesn't mind a bit of a bus ride.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Two things: A 20 year old soldier booked a room when he was traveling to his first site of duty. He traveled for hours and thought he was all set by booking the room in advance. When he arrived, they refused to rent to the soldier because he was 20 years old! He had military ID on him and he was on OFFICIAL BUSINESS! He can fight for our country but he can't stay the night in your room? Really? Also, my own daughter and her two little babies needed to stay the night somewhere. She paid cash the first night and then I called over the phone to pay for the second night. I had given my daughter my credit card to use if they asked for it. They refused to rent her the room because it wasn't her card. I faxed my driver's license and soc. sec. card information AS WAS REQUESTED BY THE FRONT DESK STAFF and she was still refused. She was sitting in the lobby with two infants with nowhere to go! I had to hurry to try and transfer money to a paypal card she had so they wouldn't be, i guess you can say, homeless! My daughter explained that there were prostitutes outside the hotel and lingering around her room. AND I GUESS THIS IS OKAY? THIS IS THE WORST MOTEL AND MOTEL CHAIN I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS. THEY DESERVE TO HAVE TO GO BANKRUPT!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose to stay at any Motel 6 property!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Susan S
West Branch, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Although we weren't bothered by loud noises like some of the other visitors commented on, there are definitely a lot of "goings-on" at night. Doors closing, noises in other rooms, constant movement. But in the morning, not a soul in sight. The room was bare bones, but we wanted to save money so we weren't bothered by that. Grounds are clean, a lovely pool in the center courtyard, but it wasn't open for the season yet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple