“Practical hotel near Landmark FBO (private aviation airport)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charleston Airport Hotel

Charleston Airport Hotel
Ranked #42 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Practical hotel near Landmark FBO (private aviation airport)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Very courteous staff, ready to help 24 x 7.
We got a great rate through one of the auction websites.
Many eateries in walking distance.
The laundry machine was out of service at the hotel.
Breakfast just about ok
Free shuttle service to the airport.

Room Tip: I like the higher floor, 7th was good
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Easley, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel is in the middle of remodeling. The staff is super super nice and helpful and provided the best customer service hands down. I asked for one of the updated rooms and it was much nicer than most the pictures I have seen on TripAdvisor. They do not have free breakfast, it is $7.95 buffet. The internet was faster than other hotels I have stayed at in the area. The Radisson was a steal for the price I paid and with superb customer service I would stay here again. It is right off the highway so if you are a light sleeper I would get a room facing away from the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for the updated rooms and a room facing away from the interstate.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed here one night after scoring a deal on Priceline. The room was very clean, well maintained, the bed was extremely comfortable and I had a wonderful night's sleep. I did not encounter any of the things other people seem to be complaining about (noise, construction, rude staff, dirty rooms, etc), quite the opposite. I found everyone I dealt with courteous and professional (though the waitstaff in the restaurant could have been more attentive, as I am still waiting for my iced tea). I can agree that the area the hotel is located is nothing to write home about. It's one of these just-off-the-highway locations that is horrible for pedestrians, fraught with traffic going every which way and somewhat economically depressed. It's not "Da Hood" like some people seem to be making the area out to be, but it isn't anything that you would be interested in investigating. The interesting part of Charleston is some distance away. If you're interested in the charms of the city like I was, you'll need to drive in to experience them. It is the distance of this location from city which makes me rate it "very good" as opposed to "excellent".

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh Pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

This area was seedy and rundown.There were signs on stores that say mall is under police surveillance, crime watch area, & there were bars on some windows.Coming from middle class suburbs this was scary to me.It was an island of 3 businesses surrounded by highways.So it wasn't pedestrian friendly.It was however an easy to drive to Charleston.
They seemed to be totally remodeling the hotel.Every other room there was drilling,hammering or being painted.Noise started around 10 am. All we wanted was SLEEP.The beds were "sleep comfort" but they were so lumpy and hard.I wished I brought my camping air mattress.Other than the lovely charming staff.I found the hotel fairly disagreeable.They had a pool and whirlpool. The whirlpool was not working on the day I got there but it was kinda fixed on day two.I think they should have given me about $100 night instead of the other way around. I could have stayed at Motel 6 or Super 8. I thought Radisson was quality I thought wrong.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere this locale wasn't too nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GigiBean_12
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay, including the constant noise from remodeling and lack of a functioning whirlpool. Also, we are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important.
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Staff was very friendly and cooperative, but the non-smoking room we requested had a strong smoke smell that actually got into our clothes. We called about it twice and they finally sent up someone with a spray bottle that squirted the floor, couch, bed, etc., and left the bottle with us saying that we should spray things down again if the smoke smell still bothers us. We were never asked if we wanted to change rooms. Also, the cleaning personnel took all of our soap, shampoo, etc. when the room was cleaned and did not replace it. Again, 2 calls to get someone up there so we could shower and get to our appointments.

Room Tip: Verify the non-smoking room has never been a smoking room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mitchell O
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I won this hotel on priceline but after reading the review I was afraid. We checked in with super friendly Ashley. Went to our room and it was great. Nicely remodeled and very clean. We did not use the pool but walked around the area. Both pool and hot tub were sparkling and the atrium area was very clean. We heard several guests complain about the breakfast buffet so we skipped it. Not a problem since there are so many restaurants in the area. The manager checked us out and he was very friendly also. No, this is not a five star hotel but they don't charge five star prices. I would stay here again. No issues with my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
phoenix az
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

i gave this a poor because i expect better from radisson,

but, because all the people who work there are super super nice... but......
very loud construction going on... i understand improvements are being made... much needed!!!
the outside looks Ghetto, no other words for it... clean up the parking lot a bit, and make it seem a bit more inviting!!

the lobby is also torn up, and the first impression was not great. when i got to the room, it SEEMED nice enough, but when i took a shower, i saw hairs (NOT MINE) on the shower wall. i called the desk, and they did send people right up to clean it.

the cable on the tv was static the whole time. the hot tub and pool seemed not so clean... green areas in the hot tub...

the bartender was super nice, and makes great drinks....

c'mon guys, do a better job on the cleanup, turn this back around!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wittless55
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. The renovation is improving our property. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.