“Ya .......................NO guest services rude and smart mouthed.”

Charleston Airport Hotel
Ranked #44 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Boiling Springs, South Carolina, United States
“Ya .......................NO guest services rude and smart mouthed.”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I called the hotel 3 days before my reservation we had family emergency. I asked if we could simply switch days. Thinking we could come in a few weeks. The lady was happy to do this for us when she asked the date I wanted to confirm with my fiancé. I asked if I could call her back in a few hours when he arrived home she said sure. I called back in a few hours and a different person answered the phone after putting me on hold until the phone hung up. I called back she same person without even saying hello said hold please I was on hold for a hot minute. She got back on line ( side note if you work in customer service and hate your job) Please do all us a favor who spend our hard earned cash to vacation and stay at the business that pays you be a little pleasant. LOng story short she gave me this mumbo jumbo she wouldn't switch our date. I explained the lady 2 hours before actually took the time pulled up reservation and was ready to switch our dates due to medical emergency. So much was going on that I wasn't able to get this problem resolved lost our night in north Charleston and our money. This is a customer service problem Plain and simple

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 782Jolene782
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our front desk staff member in regards to adjusting a reservation due to a medical emergency. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best customer service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I can't believe this place got 3.8 stars on another website! That's why I booked it for one night. You should avoid it at all costs. It is a dump. The pool is closed (probably for a very good reason). The vending machines only worked if you have EXACT change. The neighborhood is questionable at best. They have tried to renovate but it's like they tried to slap lipstick on a pig and say it's not a pig anymore. If I was booked for more than one night, I would have eaten the cost and gone somewhere (anywhere) else! Radisson should be embarrassed to have their name on this location!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trishie66
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay, including the swimming pool and the vending machines. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience as your comments are valued and will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We booked and paid for this hotel through Groupon. The hotel charged our credit card also. NONE of the ice machines worked. The washer and dryers did not work. The hotel staff was not very-well trained in how to answer questions. The entire hotel has an odd smell. There are PLENTY of hotels in the area and I would strongly recommend that you book elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank No N
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I went in with very low expectations, based on a lot of the previous reviews I've read on this hotel. However, I have to say that my wife and I had a very enjoyable stay!!

The hotel is conveniently located right off of I-26 and is surrounded by lots of stores, restaurants and shopping areas.

The room itself was clean and comfortable, our King size bed was just right, cable TV and a good sized HD TV worked perfectly. Air conditioning worked good. Nice shower with plenty of towels and the young lady cleaned our room and gave us all new fresh towels the following morning...etc.

The hotel staff made a great effort to be courteous and friendly and I thought they were very pleasant!! Kudos to them.

We ate the breakfast buffet at the hotel one morning. Nothing fancy at all, but a nice selection. The food was pretty good --grits, scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, muffins, cereal, orange juice, hashbrowns, oatmeal and coffee....

Nice pool area....with a pool table too. Fitness room was good.

Negatives:

The hotel is an older hotel. There is a scent in some parts of it and the neighborhood is questionable though I didn't see a lot of riff raff at all.

The ONE icemaker was broken and we ended up having to go to a convenient store for ice. Luckily, that store is within walking distance of the hotel.

About the coffee at breakfast, When my wife got a cup, it wasn't fresh. It was actually nasty. The server guy saw my wife get that old stale coffee but didn't say anything. A little while later, another couple came in and they were going to get coffee. He greeted THEM and said "you don't have to get that coffee, you can have a seat and I will bring you some coffee". Needless to say, my wife felt slighted and somewhat offended. It was probably innocent and unintentional....but, it DID happen. Since she was unhappy, I had to mention it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GASharp77
kansas city
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We booked this for $49 on Hotwire. It was definitely worth it. We had a 5:20 a.m. flight so being close to the airport was key. The rooms are updated and ours was in good shape. We slept well, the beds are a little hard, but we are not used to Sleep Number beds. One of the queens sleep number controls did not work. Rooms are large if you need to put four people in it. The front desk gal on this night was not very friendly....seemed bored and a little bothered. It did have an odor in the hall in front of the elevator. Our breakfast was fine and the ladies in the dining room were very friendly. The dining room is really nice and updated I thought. There were only two of us in there. They did not have newspapers available that morning which is a little odd for a convention type hotel. Very large indoor pool area that was probably "the thing" back in the days when this hotel opened.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kansaskristy
Newberry, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 February 2014

When we got here, the temp outside was near freezing. We walk in to check-in and it was just as cold in the lobby. The poor desk clerk was standing over a little space heater behind the desk. Then we make it up to our room on the second floor and guess what... Yep, the heat doesn't work in the room. We go back down and they put us in a new room. We get up there and there is no remote for the tv, so we pick-up the phone to call the front desk and the phone doesn't work. Luckily there were two phones and the other one did work. We call the front desk and they just told us to go back to our original room and take the remote from it. Once we settle into our room, we are watching tv and the heater comes on and it is soo loud, you could not hear the tv. Try sleeping through that. The chest of drawers looks like it has been kicked in, one lamp doesn't work, one lamp makes a wired noise when you turn it on, and it has a sleep number bed that has one side fully inflated while the other side is fully deflated. I could go on, but you get the point. I will not be coming back.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jjf150
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, especially the lack of heat, broken telephone, and faulty sleep number bed. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was at the Radisson for 3 days and 2 nights visiting for a softball tournament. I must say this was by far the worse hotel that I have ever been to. My tub was dirty when I arrived. There was no wash cloths in any of my softball players rooms. I had to call downstairs at least three times in order to get some for my room. The breakfast on a scale from 1-10 was a 2 only because they had cereal. They did't even have orange juice. The lady who was working in the breakfast atrium had to go across the street to buy juice out of her money in order for us to have something to drink. Every room had sleep number beds and they barely worked. Those beds were hard as rocks i could not sleep at all. On top of that the entire hotel cable wasn't working. There printer is down and they haven't had a working fax machine since sometime in 2013. It was the worse experience. Most of the employees were nice I can say that.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ElljJ
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services in the areas of housekeeping and breakfast and the rooms. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.