I often stay at a Radisson but this is absolutely the worst Radisson that I have ever stayed at. Check in was so incredibly slow that I nearly walked out. I finally asked the receptionist whether there was a problem and after clicking away at the computer for another few minutes she finally gave me a room.
My room was OK, everything worked as it should, but there was a strange curry-like smell from it. The elevator doors looked like they had been smashed up and patched by a poor craftsman. I walked into the restaurant one evening and promptly walked out because it looked so uninviting. Part of the ground floor, a stores and maintenance area, is caged off by the emergency stairs and looks like something out of a prison movie.
The entrance to the hotel itself from the main road is poorly signposted and the car park layout by the hotel entrance itself is narrow and dangerous. You could easily damage your car on the crazy stone wall opposite the hotel entrance.
The hotel itself appears to be locally in a poor area of North Charleston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION Conveniently located just off I-26, the main route into Charleston, at the corner of Rivers Avenue and East Aviation Ave. Hotel is two miles from Charleston International Airport, 1 mile from I-526, ten minutes from Charleston historic district and downtown Summersville, twenty minutes from area beaches, five minutes from the Charleston Convention Center, Coliseum & Performing Arts Center, 2 miles from the Charleston Air Force base and is just a short drive to the Naval Weapons Station and several business centers. GUEST ROOMS The Charleston Airport Hotel is a full-service hotel, offering 159 guest rooms, each comfortably furnished to ensure a quiet, relaxing stay for the business and leisure traveler. Each room features a coffee maker, remote controlled cable television, in-room movies, high speed internet, work desk, sitting area, full size iron/board, microwave (upon request), refrigerator (upon request) and hairdryer. EVENT FACILITIES The hotel features six meeting/banquet rooms with over 8,000 square feet of event space, accommodating groups from 10-400. Each meeting/banquet room is equipped with high-speed Internet access, light dimmers and individually controlled heating and air conditioning systems. A variety of catering services is offered to suit any occasion. From banquets and receptions to breakfasts and luncheons, our professional staff provides personalized service to handle every detail. RESTAURANT The Haven Restaurant offers Low Country cuisine from 6:00 am - 10:00 am and dinner 5:30 pm to 10 pm. Room service is also available. LOUNGE Haven cocktail lounge, open 4:00 pm - 10:pm am, is a popular after hours gathering place. AMENITIES The Charleston Airport Hotel features are variety of amenities to please any guest including: same day laundry, laundry machines, ample free parking, on-site fitness center, heated indoor pool, and whirlpool. AREA ACTIVITES Tennis courts and championship golf courses are nearby. Fort Sumter, Patriots Point, Tanger Outlets, plantations, gardens, beaches, parks, shopping, the Battery, and the historic district are just minutes away. TRANSPORTATION Complimentary airport shuttle service is provided 6am to 11pm, seven days a week. Transportation to North Charleston's Visitor Center is provided at a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Charleston Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Charleston Airport
- Radisson North Charleston
- North Charleston Radisson