“Awful”

Ranked #43 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am a flight crew member who regularly stays at this hotel (not by choice) and it is nothing short of awful.
The hotel is extremely dated and in a sketchy neighborhood (shares a parking lot with a pawn shop and gas station). When you walk down the halls, you will also smell a very unusual smell which I am unable to describe.
Although the hotel is a quick 10-15 minute drive to the hotel, the van service is highly unreliable and customer service is nil. I had to go back down to the service desk twice because my room keys didn't work and another time because I was given a room that was not cleaned.
If you decide to stay here, please remember to bring a backup alarm clock if needed because although there are two phones are in the room, they are for decoration only....neither worked.
I would highly suggest paying a couple extra dollars for a much better upgrade as this place is just plain awful.

Room Tip: GO to another hotel
5 Thank Payton V
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services in regards to the room keys and phones not working. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Concord, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I must say I was excited to stay at a radisson, but this was a radisson in name only. The room was fairly nice but the building itself was dated and in need of some repairs. Continental breakfast was pitiful and the train behind the hotel sounded like a tornado. The night staff was excellent in their service and that is the best thing I can say. Overall, color me seriously disappointed.

4 Thank Jhudtraveler
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
We thank you for posting feedback about your recent stay!
We cannot apologize enough if the train disturbed you during your stay, and we certainly regret to hear about your disappointment with the breakfast. We will absolutely address your comments with our team to ensure our guests aren't met with a similar situation in the future.
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The people at the hotel could not have been nicer. They had a complimentary app buffet at dinner with beer and wine. The property was a bit out of date, but the it was hard to beat for the price. I would definitely recommend.

1 Thank Marc M
Woodstock, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I booked the room for $59 a night on Hotwire. It was worth that, but my initial joy at having booked a Radisson for that rate was misplaced.

Like other reviewers, I have to say that there was a horrible smell permeating the property. It was unfortunately the strongest in my room. If I had paid full price for the room, I would have been very upset.

There is no longer a free breakfast at this location. I attempted to use in-room dining the last morning of my stay. I had to call the front desk 3 times and never did reach anyone who understood how to accept the order. I had to wait for a return call from the kitchen and I don't think that the person who called fully understood what she was supposed to do either.

Basically, the hotel has a fatal smell and the staff at times seemed very confused. It's not a great location for visiting Charleston either. But...it was only $59 a night and wasn't unsafe or dirty (apart from the odor of course). It was worth what I paid but I will look elsewhere for my next foray to Charleston.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William B
Woodstock, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Booked on Hotwire for $60. It was a $60 hotel. If I paid more I would have been disappointed. The room was clean but had an awful stale-air, stinky feet smell. The bathtub and toilet were old and had some chips out of them but I felt like they were clean. The towels and sheets smelled like bleached laundry so I feel they were clean as well. I think it is just an older hotel and needs updating. They have sleep number beds but it was broken in my room so the bed was stuck on a very firm setting which wasn't particularly comfortable to me. Overall though, it was a good room in a convenient location for the price.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ali B
Richlands, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Hotel for the Cooper Bridge Run. The only complaint I have which is partly mine I guess. I thought the hotel offered shuttle service for the bridge run. But you had to book it thru a certain company which I was unaware of. I had booked thru a third party company and by doing this I wasn't eligible for the shuttle service. So this was the only downfall but it was my fault I should have checked more into that. Otherwise the hotel was great!! The rooms were very nice and spacious, and was very clean. Would definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Let me begin by saying I'm a stickler when it comes to Hotels…. I don't stay at just any property. I needed to find a room in North Charleston's airport area on short notice, so I turned to HotWire to help me out. Ended up getting a king room for $64 a night! Upon arriving at the hotel, I was a little worried because the main entrance to the hotel is between a gas station and a title pawn shop… Not exactly ideal. Check in was a breeze; Friendly staff, nice lobby, etc. Got a room on the 8th floor and when I walked in, I was impressed! Nice, large room with a great view! My room was extremely clean and maintained. Updated furnishings, nice flat screen TV, spacious desk area, and comfortable sitting area with a sleeper sofa. The bed was extremely comfortable! The bathroom was a little on the small side, but very nice. The granite countertop and bowl sink were a nice touch.The only problem that I had with this stay was that the A/C wasn't great at cooling my room. I was ironing my pants for the next day and had to crack the door to let some of the hot air escape. I spoke with the front desk about this issue and they were more than accommodating, even offering to bring me a fan.

They were in the midst of a renovation during my stay, but were very courteous about the noise and such.

Overall, I wouldn't think twice about staying at this property again! Great stay for the value!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 810
1 Thank bburton00
Laura L, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Well thank you for the wonderful comments and high praise of the hotel and our team. Guests like you, who appreciate what we do and share their comments for others to benefit, are simply awesome and truthfully it's us that appreciates you! Thanks for choosing us!