I am a flight crew member who regularly stays at this hotel (not by choice) and it is nothing short of awful.
The hotel is extremely dated and in a sketchy neighborhood (shares a parking lot with a pawn shop and gas station). When you walk down the halls, you will also smell a very unusual smell which I am unable to describe.
Although the hotel is a quick 10-15 minute drive to the hotel, the van service is highly unreliable and customer service is nil. I had to go back down to the service desk twice because my room keys didn't work and another time because I was given a room that was not cleaned.
If you decide to stay here, please remember to bring a backup alarm clock if needed because although there are two phones are in the room, they are for decoration only....neither worked.
I would highly suggest paying a couple extra dollars for a much better upgrade as this place is just plain awful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION Conveniently located just off I-26, the main route into Charleston, at the corner of Rivers Avenue and East Aviation Ave. Hotel is two miles from Charleston International Airport, 1 mile from I-526, ten minutes from Charleston historic district and downtown Summersville, twenty minutes from area beaches, five minutes from the Charleston Convention Center, Coliseum & Performing Arts Center, 2 miles from the Charleston Air Force base and is just a short drive to the Naval Weapons Station and several business centers. GUEST ROOMS The Charleston Airport Hotel is a full-service hotel, offering 159 guest rooms, each comfortably furnished to ensure a quiet, relaxing stay for the business and leisure traveler. Each room features a coffee maker, remote controlled cable television, in-room movies, high speed internet, work desk, sitting area, full size iron/board, microwave (upon request), refrigerator (upon request) and hairdryer. EVENT FACILITIES The hotel features six meeting/banquet rooms with over 8,000 square feet of event space, accommodating groups from 10-400. Each meeting/banquet room is equipped with high-speed Internet access, light dimmers and individually controlled heating and air conditioning systems. A variety of catering services is offered to suit any occasion. From banquets and receptions to breakfasts and luncheons, our professional staff provides personalized service to handle every detail. RESTAURANT The Haven Restaurant offers Low Country cuisine from 6:00 am - 10:00 am and dinner 5:30 pm to 10 pm. Room service is also available. LOUNGE Haven cocktail lounge, open 4:00 pm - 10:pm am, is a popular after hours gathering place. AMENITIES The Charleston Airport Hotel features are variety of amenities to please any guest including: same day laundry, laundry machines, ample free parking, on-site fitness center, heated indoor pool, and whirlpool. AREA ACTIVITES Tennis courts and championship golf courses are nearby. Fort Sumter, Patriots Point, Tanger Outlets, plantations, gardens, beaches, parks, shopping, the Battery, and the historic district are just minutes away. TRANSPORTATION Complimentary airport shuttle service is provided 6am to 11pm, seven days a week. Transportation to North Charleston's Visitor Center is provided at a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Charleston Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Charleston Airport
- Radisson North Charleston
- North Charleston Radisson