“Average Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Charleston Airport Hotel
Ranked #43 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I, along with another couple booked a park and cruise package. The rates were very affordable. I was hesitant at first to stay, but I did. I will say the sleep number beds don't work. Our bed was horrible. After making a complaint, we were moved to a better room. We were very satisfied with the second room. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again because the service was awesome!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Tykia G
Laura L, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We're so glad you enjoyed the hotel, and especially pleased to hear you experienced awesome service throughout your stay. I would like to apologize for the sleep number bed that was not working and please know that your feedback is greatly appreciated and your comment have been passed on to our maintenance department to ensure this issue is remedied in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The room was half-fast renovated, but okay by first glance. The bathroom had a hole in the ceiling with a trash bag stuffed in it. My two year old was exploring and found a dirty sock, a hair tie, an atm card, and two disposable coffee cups. After walking around, the bottoms of our feet were black. It is not in a good area of town.. Thankfully it was only one night because that was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ChanellH
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, including the hole in the bathroom and general lack of housekeeping. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

On a recent trip to Charleston, I was surprised how expensive the hotels were downtown. After refusing to pay 200+ for a downtown hotel, I decided to use a third party booker where you name your own price. After a 99 bid was accepted, i was excited until i read the reviews here. i almost went into panic mode.

In all honesty, i was expecting the worst. The location is okay, very convenient to the interstate and just a few minutes away from plenty of dining choices and no more than 10-15 away from downtown during non rush hour times.

Upon checking in, we were pleasantly surprised with a nice clean room. It had definitely been renovated, and had 'hampton-esque' qualities. If you are in town and need a 'cheaper option' or a convenient airport location, i would have no problem reccomending this.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Dont listen to the horror stories. Its a nice hotel. Does it fit the Raddison brand? Thats up for discussion. But the rooms were clean, staff were polite and everything worked. I had a good experience. Only complaint was that the walls are thin that you can hear people walking down the hallway when they are loud. Cant beat it for the price.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I checked in at around 10pm and realized that our room had feather bedding. (My son is extremely allergic) I called the front desk to get different bedding and was told "sorry, we don't have any non-feather bedding." Really?? My son had to sleep with bathroom towels for covers. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Joan R
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

We are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the bedding. We know a good night’s rest is very important. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am a flight crew member who regularly stays at this hotel (not by choice) and it is nothing short of awful.
The hotel is extremely dated and in a sketchy neighborhood (shares a parking lot with a pawn shop and gas station). When you walk down the halls, you will also smell a very unusual smell which I am unable to describe.
Although the hotel is a quick 10-15 minute drive to the hotel, the van service is highly unreliable and customer service is nil. I had to go back down to the service desk twice because my room keys didn't work and another time because I was given a room that was not cleaned.
If you decide to stay here, please remember to bring a backup alarm clock if needed because although there are two phones are in the room, they are for decoration only....neither worked.
I would highly suggest paying a couple extra dollars for a much better upgrade as this place is just plain awful.

Room Tip: GO to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Payton V

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services in regards to the room keys and phones not working. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I must say I was excited to stay at a radisson, but this was a radisson in name only. The room was fairly nice but the building itself was dated and in need of some repairs. Continental breakfast was pitiful and the train behind the hotel sounded like a tornado. The night staff was excellent in their service and that is the best thing I can say. Overall, color me seriously disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jhudtraveler
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

We thank you for posting feedback about your recent stay!
We cannot apologize enough if the train disturbed you during your stay, and we certainly regret to hear about your disappointment with the breakfast. We will absolutely address your comments with our team to ensure our guests aren't met with a similar situation in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North...
#2 of 59 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport a...
#3 of 59 in North Charleston
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Air...
#4 of 59 in North Charleston
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlesto...
#8 of 59 in North Charleston
North Charleston Marriott
North Charleston Marriott
#22 of 59 in North Charleston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview

Been to Charleston Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!