“Awesome”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Oak Island, North Carolina
“Awesome”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Service and food was awesome, I would make reservations for my next visit. Love the way they serve the meal. My daughter and her husband treated us last night. They have eaten here at least 7 times in the past. Was well worth the wait.

Tempe, Arizona
“Where do they get off??”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! the food was good, I'll give you that. the prices are expensive. However, the absolute WORST part of the experience is that after we settled the check (we were with a group of friends), we strolled about Barefoot Landing, looking in other shops. Normal, right? then all of a sudden, our waiter comes up to us, raising his voice because he didn't see a tip on the bill. People were gathering around us, and we were totally embarrassed -- as if we had skipped out on the bill. Absolutely abhorrent behavior from wait staff!!! I wish the company had a web site, because I would CERTAINLY give them a piece of my mind. We were so embarrassed that we were constrained to give him another tip, right in front of the rest of the people gathering. That waiter should be fired!! And you can bet I'm going to yell it from the rooftops on other ratings web sites. That kind of behavior should never be allowed.

2 Thank TravelBuff17
Atlanta, Georgia
“Surprisingly Good for Location”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were at Barefoot landing (a shopping area), and were looking for a place to eat, and since we were essentially in an outdoor mall, didn't have very high expectations. We chose Umberto's for no particular reason (since we were just looking for dinner and not a great experience), and our party of 7 came away very delighted.
This is somewhat of a family style restaurant with the main dish automatically coming with a family style salad, bread, and some side dishes.
The hostess was very helpful in accomodating our party, and got us seated ahead of schedule. The waiter was alway attentive and kept the courses coming.
I ordered the chicken picatta, which was very good, and my wife had the haddock and it was one of the best fish dishes I've ever tasted. All the food was excellent - were were blown away at how good it was based on its location.

Little River, South Carolina
“Dinner”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was my second time at Umberto's I like to go more then once before writing a review. So I can tell U if your are at Bearfoot Landing in Myrtle Beach. this place is a must. Five star all the way. The food is excellent and U get plenty of it, included in the meal is Bean Soup, Salad, Bread and Pasta all before U get the main course. Service is tops Average dinners start about $22.00 but worth it. This is a place I will go back again and again (Reservations are a must)
They open at 5pm daily.

“Wasn't impressed”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The food was just average. My mother didn't care for her meatballs and my dad said his spaghetti with clams was too garlicky. My lasagna was good though and gigantic. You do get a tomato salad, pasta fagioli, and Angel hair pasta so it makes the kinda steep prices not too bad. Service was good but I probably won't be returning