“Salty chops”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We made reservations to eat at the restaurant's 5pm opening. By the time our entrees were served, everyone at our table was sweating to one degree or another as it quickly became hot in the restaurant. It wasn't a particularly warm day - mid 80's - and the restaurant had just opened so this comfort factor was disappointing. Our server was friendly but two in our party of five had their water glasses run dry and waited over ten minutes before they were refilled; not good when you're breaking out in a sweat. Some of our crew ordered the lasagna and were happy; it was a large portion and I thought above average tasty. I ordered a special of a pork and veal chop. Again, the chop was large but they were both bathed in salt to the point where it ruined the entree and I couldn't eat it all. I would have sent it back but we had other plans and didn't want to wait for another entree in a hot restaurant. This was way too overall average of an experience for this price point.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

All 10 of us ate here one night. The food is excellent and there's lots of it. They started us with greens and beans, then a cucumber and tomato salad as well as bread. Dipping the bread in the vinaigrette was the best. After that, came the angel hair pasta and our entrees. For dessert, we ordered a few cannolis and some special that had chocolate cake, ice cream, pineapple and whipped cream. The bill for 10 of us including 2 bottles of wine, tax and tip was $450, so I think it was reasonable too.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our party of twenty was well taken care of. They start you with bread, a bean salad, a tomato salad, pasta, and then your entree - it's all great.

Highly recommend for a high end meal in a casual setting!

I got a strip which was good - my wife always gets the Chicken Antonio (i think) and it's excellent!

1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Ate at umbertos here 2 weeks ago ordered the New York strip steak , food was fantastic , Chris our waiter was amazing. Best waiter I've ever had everybody should come and eat here. Can't wait to come again

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went to Umberto's on a friends recommendation who said it was "really good". Wrong. It's excellent. The food, I had the Poached Salmon and my wife had a daily special of Salmon and Shrimp was so good it had us fighting about who ordered the better meal. We particularly liked the family style service of soups and appetizers. We both ended up eating things we wouldn't have ordered (beans and greens) and liking it immensely. We definitely will go back the next time we are in Myrtle Beach.