“Horrible.”

Super 8 N. Myrtle Beach/Cherry Grove
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My family and I had a room at this horrid motel, first of all the room smelled of mold and the comforters were from the 70's and there were drunk and rude people in the next room keeping us up all night and had a 13 hour trip ahead of me with no sleep and the front desk lady was rude and mean and unsympatheic to anything I had to say. Horibble I give them a rating of negative 100%.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank karen_anastasio

Reviewed 31 July 2011

I picked this hotel because of the location and because I didnt want to stay in the run-down hotels on the beach. We also wanted to be out a little further from the busy side of Myrtle Beach. The hotel is away from everything. It was about 1/2 a mile from the beach and about 10 minutes from Barefoot Landing. It was a good 30 minutes or more from Broadway @ at the Beach and The Boardwalk. One of the things I didnt like is there is no turn in at the hotel from the way we came in. You have to go through an Applebee's parking lot and go behind the hotel to park because of a median. There was construction at this particular time so it was a little more chaotic. We took a bicycle ride to the beach that was great once we crossed the busy hwy and got back on the bike path. Cherry Grove pier was nice. The hotel rooms are all outside entry which I was not expecting. I was disappointed in the room when we opened the door. I was under the impression that a suite had a jacuzzi and a livingroom area. You can get either or but not both together. I tried to ask this when booking the room but a non-English speaking person didnt understand my questions about the room. We tried to change over to a jacuzzi room but the only other two offered smelled strongly of smoke even though they were labeled non-smoking. We chose to stay in the livingroom suite which had a twin size fold out bed in the couch. It was in a separate area which was a little less than half the size of the hotel space. It also did not look like the picture. There was no kitchen area at all as the picture displays. The manager did try to accomodate us with the room but it didnt work out with the smoke smell. I checked out the swimming area. The picture makes it look so much bigger than it actually was. It was large enough for a few people to fit comfortably. The jacuzzi hottub advertised was not heated in the summertime (which i do not understand). It was large enough to fit one person maybe two comfortably. The breakfast was as described: toast, cereal, and waffles. The cleaning people forgot to clean out the refrigerator so there was someone's lefover ice cream and something spilled all over the bottom of the refrigerator when we opened it. The toilet had hairs on it. I guess overall, it was just ok. I must have been expecting a little more from the pictures. I think I would have had the same impression had I stayed in one of the run-down hotels on the beach. I dont think it was worth the 89 for two nights and the 125 for the last night that I paid. We drove through the other places on the beach that advertised 79 a night. I would choose a different place when traveling next time. This hotel might be worth 59 a night for the suite not the regular rooms.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank christienrandy
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We had to cancel our wedding in North Myrtle Beach, because of my fiancées mother’s health her doctor said she could not travel. I called on Thur one day after the 72 hr cancellation policy of this hotel which i was unaware of; tried changing reservation to a local hotel here in Charleston, SC and they would not even let me do that. To top it off i left my cell with my sister on Saturday night and she stated that the hotel keep calling stating that they had to give the room up, but we're too tried to even try to make it to North Myrtle Beach on Saturday night after the wedding. They rented the room and charged my card for the room (double pay) is this fair. You know i could see if i was just canceling to cancel but it was for medical reasons, but my God still sit on the throne He knows and sees all.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank precious2011
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Although this hotel advertises an indoor pool and Jacuzzi, beware!! I have severe arthritis and booked this hotel for the Jacuzzi and they don't turn the heat in the Jacuzzi in the summer. The pool is also mislabeled. The deepest section says 5 foot but my fiance could stand in it and the water only reached his elbows and he is 5 foot 8 inches. Which means the deep end is actually only a little over 4 feet. That was very disturbing to me. Did I mention the pool was warmer than the Jacuzzi?!
As far as the rooms they were clean. Some mold and mildew in the shower but I've seen worse in this type of hotel. Maid service woke us up at 9am to clean and we were still sleeping. Breakfast was better than some. They do offer hot waffles and fresh coffee.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We have stayed at this Super 8 a couple of times when we go down to Myrtle for the weekend. It isn't a luxury hotel, by all means, but for the price is is decent. The rooms are kind of small, but we don't spend a lot of time in there anyway. The beds are comfy, it is clean, quiet, inexpensive, has free wireless and a pool for the kids, is walking distance to three reasonably priced restaurants, and easy driving to most of the attractions via the bypass, so it is perfect for our needs. My only complaint is the towels. Although they smell clean, they are worn and dingy. And they only put 3 in a room that sleeps 4, so you have to go to the front desk to ask for more. Would stay here again, but I think I will take my own towels next time.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank covermeimgoingin
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Hotel located on main hwy 17 north. Near many beaches, resturants, shopping, etc. Rooms are spacious, clean & comfortable. Indoor pool is nice & so was continental breakfast. Staff is very friendly and personable. Would definately stay here again :-)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dmcwcc1
Reviewed 6 September 2009

We stayed in room 202 for four days and it was great! The best part about this place was that unlike the resorts on the beach where you have to fight to get breakfast, lawn chairs, and so on this place was not very busy. Thus it was like having the whole place to ourselves. AND IT WAS NOT DIRTY!!!!

Everything in our room worked (we didn't try the coffee maker) but the fridge, Microwave, TV and iron were perfect. It was also very clean and whenever we asked for more towels, or new sheets and vacuming to be done-it was. The pool was small but it was just right for our 3yr old who is learning to swim. The pool area could stand to have a few rust marks removed from one of the doors but other than that it was clean. The hot tub's heating element was broken while we were there so I really cannot comment about that.
The other great thing (besides the cheap price) is location. When you stay here you are like 5 min. from Cherry Grove Beach-a very nice clean beach with public restrooms and free public parking with beach access. Also it is right next to Applebee's, and after ten at night they had half price appetizers. We called in our order and then just walked over to get it. Unlike regular MB it was very nice and quiet at night here , and even during the day no outside noises interrupted my son's nap.

They also had reasonably priced vending machines and a nice washer and dryer for guests to use. We took advantage of both during our stay and the washer and dryer were very nice, didn't ruin any of our clothes. It cost 3.00 total to wash and dry. The Free -WiFi worked better here than it did in any other place on our trip.

The only improvement needed to the Super 8 is new comforters and blankets. If it would have been cold out I would have called the front desk and asked for better blankets. The ones on our beds were almost threadbare. But other than that this was my first Super 8 experience and we are already planning to go back next year. AT the end of our trip we spent a few days at an Ocean Front resort at MB and it was a garbage pit compared to the Super 8!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family