“Very Nice Motel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Virginia Beach
“Very Nice Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night on my way home to Virginia from Nashville and Atlanta. The front desk personnel were very nice and helpful. My room was very well decorated, clean and quiet. The location was ideal, not too far from attractions and restaurants. I picked this motel because it had a reasonable rate in a coupon book that I got from the Welcome Center on I-20 in western South Carolina. I alsoyed at Comfort Inns in the past, and had no problems with them. If I'm ever in North Myrtle Beach, I will stay at this motel again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank countryd00d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Maple Heights, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

This hotel was below my expectations but the saying it is true, you get what you pay for. If you can't afford the best and you need a place to rest a one night stay won't kill you. Just pack some Lysol or Hospital spray and you will survive.
Pros - The mattress was clean and comfortable. The towels were clean and in good shape. The shower head was adjustable which resulted in a decent shower.
Cons - The pillows were flat. The sheets had pubic hair on them. The bathroom needs a makeover from top to bottom.The hall leading to our room smelled like cigarette smoke although the room was non-smoking. The carpet needed a good vacuum and steam cleaner because it was dirty in the room and hallway. Bottom line is that this place needs to be renovated.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Truth06

Travellers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Benson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

My family and I were looking for a place to stay that wasn't too expensive. Beachfront hotels were out of our price range. This Comfort Inn was in great condition. The staff was extremely friendly. They gave us extra towels when asked. It was a wonderful stay. My only complaint was that the upstairs hallway smelled of cigarette smoke even though we were in a non-smoking room. The room was fine though. I will definitely stay here again when we visit NMB.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sstancel
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

Everything about this hotel is suburb. Before arrival I called the front desk clerk (Jason) and asked questions about the hotel and he answered each one with detail and was very pleasant. Offered me good advice, places to go etc. After I set the reservation I had to ask him another question so I left a message on the answering machine and he called me back in less than a half hour. The next door upon check in the manager (Rose) greeted me warmly and was happy to see me. She offered me brochures, maps, coupon books places to go see and answered all my questions. Everyone was pleasant and happy at their jobs. They were eager to assist and please. The room was comfortable and nice. The maids used a cleaner that smelled like oranges very nice and light. The room was very immaculate and the beds comfortable. I hated to leave it was when of the best hotel stays I ever had. The breakfast although continental was very flavorful. There was cheese and whole wheat bread which was good for people watching their carbs. Excellent place to stay you will love it. (the pool was clean)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Flintstones50
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

I've stayed at motels before and this Comfort Inn exceeded my expectations by huge leaps and bounds! First off, I used a coupon from one of the travel guides. I got about $20 off the advertised rate. I was just looking for a bed for one night with a clean shower. When I saw the room I was very surprised! It was very nicely decorated and was large enough that two people didn't feel cramped. They said they just recently updated the rooms and one of my bath towels still had a sticker (from the factory) on it, so I'd guess the update was very recent. Anyway, the bed was one of the nicest I've slept on, with a very plush pillow top mattress and nice pillows & bedding. I've stayed in expensive hotels and B&B's that didn't come anywhere near this nice of mattress/bedding.
What really impressed me was the way the housekeeper left the towels and tissue. The towels were folded in a nice design and two in the corner were shaped as hearts. They even did the fancy pocket w/ tissue flower design that so many resorts in Mexico do!
It was just really a nice touch for a $50/night motel. I stayed in another Comfort Inn in NC the next night and while the mattress was just as nice, it didn't have the nice bathroom or bedding this one did.

The continental breakfast the next morning was decent, with a nice assortment of juice and fresh fruit and string cheese (it's nice to have fruit and a protein food instead of only sugary pastries and cereals). They had decent coffee and a waffle maker, etc. The lady who attended the breakfast area was kind and helpful.

I found absolutely nothing desirable about the Myrtle Beach so I doubt I'll ever be in the area again. The motel isn't beach front, so if you're looking for that, check another facility (I think the beach was about 5 miles away and it was a pretty decent beach). But if you want a clean motel for a decent price that gives extra luxurious touches you don't normally find in a motel, check out this Comfort Inn. I really can't find any fault with this motel and I'm not any easy person to please! It was very nice!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank QTCat
Lincolnton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

I stayed here for two nights on a spontaneous weekend getaway. I got the room for 46.00 per night through priceline, yes i said 46.00 per night that is awesome , i couldnt even get a room in my hometown for that. We stayed in a smoking king room and it ended up being a 2 room suite which they didnt even advertise or tell us about , it was a very nice surprise. We didnt actually need the extra bed in the other room but it was nice to have the extra space, we used to store our suitcases. when we got into the room , the A/C would not power on, i called the front desk and cant remeber her nemae but a slender blonde haired lady was excellent , she came up to the room in about 5 minutes and had the A/C working great. The service was awesome way better than expected.The room was spotless clean, the bed was incredible and slept great. The outback steak house is right next door, the ocean/ beachfront is about 2 miles away (not walking distance) house of blues and barefoot landing is about 4 or 5 miles away. if youre looking to be walking distance to clubs or bars where you can party - this is not your place. Theres not much of anything but the outback in walking distance.But it is a great place for the money. Godd for just a quick beach getaway. The other reviews about the slamming doors are true , when anyone leaves their room the doors slam hard and will wake you up, would be nice if they could put hydraulic closer arms or somehow cushion the doors that close.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ncdjman
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

There were four of us in one large room. Enjoyed the large bathroom. Beds were excellent. Room very clean. Had a fridge and coffee maker.

Staff very nice and when we asked for more towels--they gave them to us quickly. I asked questions about free breakfast. A kitchen staff member at the breakfast stopped what she was doing and answered all of my questions.

Loved the cookies and free hot coffee in the lobby at all hours! The free breakfast was very good and had eggs, sausage and lots more goodies.

The location was perfect for us. My grandson loves Broadway at the Beach and we were very close to it. We spent two days there. He had a great 11th Birthday !

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family