“What a way to celebrate our 30th anniversary!”

Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 August 2014

As a personal choice I have always used Hampton Inn for my stays for over 10 years. I have never had a bad experience at any regardless of the location in the US. My wife and I had looked forward to our trip to N. Myrtle Beach, SC for our 30th anniversary. For the trip I used my HHilton points for a four day stay. This place was the most horrible stay of my entire life. The owner was rude, indifferent, and seemed very hostile to us. He didn't recognize me as a Gold member although the reservation had my member number. He can't chalk it up to an oversight as the family right before us was given a hearty welcome as members! It went down hill from there with a dirty room, bathroom, and cloudy swimming pool. I will not stay at this location ever again and will spread the news through our network. The only reason I'll stay with Hampton is the excellent service we recently received at a Hilton Garden Inn in Wilks Barre, Pa. otherwise, I'd be forced to go eslewhere. Buyer beware at this N. Myrtle Beach property!

1  Thank Jaime M
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

We're so glad we had the chance to serve you for such a special occasion. However, we very disappointed that you did not experience our warm, friendly Hamptonality. We appreciate your detailed feedback and can assure you this is not typical. We value your business and would be happy to speak with you about your concerns in greater detail.

All the Best,

Brandy Newman
Hampton Inn Harbourate

Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is within a mile or two of Cherry Grove. Me and my Fiance stayed here one night. We would definitely come back. Our room was clean, staff was friendly, and we loved to proximity to the beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a short one or two night stay in North Myrtle beach and can still be close to the beach itself.

2  Thank James B
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Have stayed here multiple times while on both business & pleasure trips to the North Myrtle Beach area. Great off-beach hotel with practical pricing, pool, complimentary internet & usual Hampton Inn breakfast selections. Close to Cherry Grove beach, good restaurants, ICW, shopping, etc., just off of US-17. Friendly staff, clean, quiet.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I probably won't stay here again. It was pretty $$$ and the shower was either scouring hot or freezing. The air didn't work like it should have. My parents had a suite, and they were happy with it. But as far as the basic room, I don't recommend it. For an additional 10 dollars you could get a suite. I would have done that if I had known. Either way, I probably won't stay at this particular location again. Hampton Inn is usually pretty good. This one is just far away from everything and like I said just a few issues that really should have not been a problem from the start.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles F
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It was close to our favorite golf courses. We had a small problem with the air conditioning, but that was fixed after the second request. The breakfast leaves something to be desired.

1  Thank Taylor B
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I suppose you should know what to expect in one of these hotels - and this delivered on this. The room was ok - and the place is fairly drab. The breakfast the next morning was poor and left us leaving to go and get a good breakfast elsewhere. Staff were good and female manager was very helpful.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank SimonJRex
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Upon checkin, we were double charged for taxes. When we got to the room, we noticed a stale odor. Also, one bed had stains on the sheets, the other bed had hair on it. The shower had not been cleaned. We requested another room, which was better but did not have a microwave or fridge in the room. The only working ice machine was on the 1st floor. Upon booking the room, we asked for a Myrtle Beach location. Upon arrival we found that we were actually 45 minutes away from Myrtle Beach. The hotel stay was free, but we would definitely never pay the $159 we overheard another guest paying. Expected more.

• Stayed: July 2014