“Worse Place Ever”

Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
“Worse Place Ever”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

1st we get to the hotel and the rooms that are reserved are not ready so we are told that we had to wait 2-3 hours. 2nd We are all overcharged on our credit cards and the so called customer service desk disrespect some of my family members. 3rd we get to the room and it's dirty with ants crawling in the bed, the carpet stunk and you could tell was not clean, the shower wasn't clean either with the previous residents soap in it....yes used! Please don't even think about asking or telling them somethings wrong ...they don't care EVEN THOUGH THE SIGN AT THE DESK CLEARLY SAYS THAT IF YOU RE NOT SAT I FIRED YOU DON'T PAY. Well that's a freaking joke. The pool is dirty with greenish water. One of my towels had brown stains and they didn't flinch when I brought it back to them. Oh here's the kicker... they have a "Laundry Room" worth no coin machine, 2 washers but only one works, but doesn't clean your clothes. And 2 dryers that you have to run 3 or 4 times because it won't dry anything. So I spent a $1 per cycle and I'm done with this place can't wait to go home. Yes I'm still her and it freaking sucks. Don't bring your family here. It's gross and these people are rude except the guy that gave me candy at 3 am Brad because I have been having the worst time ever.
Oh the only good things are that the air works and you get breakfast every morning.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I am sorry for the quality of you recent stay at our hotel and appreciate your feedback. The comfort, health, and safety of our guests is very important to us and we uphold our brand promise with our Satisfaction Guarantee. Please contact me directly so we can speak directly with you about this matter.

Hampton Inn Harbourgate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The front desk was less than friendly and made some significant errors in billing after I spent countless time at the desk trying to ensure that their mistakes were changed. The errors never were corrected, as was reflected on my credit card bill. There was not a single apology for the four less-than-timely visits I made to the desk for various reasons. Room was clean. Hallways were very noisy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are very sorry that you encountered some service missteps during your stay. It's our goal to provide guests with a great experience from the moment they step foot through our doors. We are working very hard to ensure that these concerns are addressed. Please contact us directly so we can ensure your billing concerns are completely rectified.

Travellers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

As a personal choice I have always used Hampton Inn for my stays for over 10 years. I have never had a bad experience at any regardless of the location in the US. My wife and I had looked forward to our trip to N. Myrtle Beach, SC for our 30th anniversary. For the trip I used my HHilton points for a four day stay. This place was the most horrible stay of my entire life. The owner was rude, indifferent, and seemed very hostile to us. He didn't recognize me as a Gold member although the reservation had my member number. He can't chalk it up to an oversight as the family right before us was given a hearty welcome as members! It went down hill from there with a dirty room, bathroom, and cloudy swimming pool. I will not stay at this location ever again and will spread the news through our network. The only reason I'll stay with Hampton is the excellent service we recently received at a Hilton Garden Inn in Wilks Barre, Pa. otherwise, I'd be forced to go eslewhere. Buyer beware at this N. Myrtle Beach property!

1 Thank Jaime M
We're so glad we had the chance to serve you for such a special occasion. However, we very disappointed that you did not experience our warm, friendly Hamptonality. We appreciate your detailed feedback and can assure you this is not typical. We value your business and would be happy to speak with you about your concerns in greater detail.

Hampton Inn Harbourate
Santee, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is within a mile or two of Cherry Grove. Me and my Fiance stayed here one night. We would definitely come back. Our room was clean, staff was friendly, and we loved to proximity to the beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a short one or two night stay in North Myrtle beach and can still be close to the beach itself.

2 Thank James B
Hampton, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Have stayed here multiple times while on both business & pleasure trips to the North Myrtle Beach area. Great off-beach hotel with practical pricing, pool, complimentary internet & usual Hampton Inn breakfast selections. Close to Cherry Grove beach, good restaurants, ICW, shopping, etc., just off of US-17. Friendly staff, clean, quiet.

1 Thank John H
Brunswick, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I probably won't stay here again. It was pretty $$$ and the shower was either scouring hot or freezing. The air didn't work like it should have. My parents had a suite, and they were happy with it. But as far as the basic room, I don't recommend it. For an additional 10 dollars you could get a suite. I would have done that if I had known. Either way, I probably won't stay at this particular location again. Hampton Inn is usually pretty good. This one is just far away from everything and like I said just a few issues that really should have not been a problem from the start.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Charles F
Mineral VA, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It was close to our favorite golf courses. We had a small problem with the air conditioning, but that was fixed after the second request. The breakfast leaves something to be desired.

1 Thank Taylor B