“Be careful with your reservations”

Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Chose this resort because of location and nearness to beach. I called for reservations, and the lady read them back to me stating the day and date of arrival and day and date for checkout. An email was sent confirming, which I did not read, but saved. When I checked in was told my reservations were for May instead of June, and I would be losing my deposit since I did not show up a month early. They finally did refund one -half of my deposit, but did not get to speak to the manager until the third day. She was sarcastic and rude. Would never admit that they made a mistake, and I spent much of my vacation at the front desk trying to straighten this out. Don't know if I will ever chance staying here again and I would use the word resort lightly. I have had larger and better rooms at small motels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MABarger

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great location to the beach! Clean rooms and friendly staff. We didn't want to leave :) Great restaurants that were in walking distance. Would definitely revisit. Cool nightclub located inside the hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sklein5563
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I went to this resort with another couple over the past weekend. This resort has everything one looks for in a great place to stay. We went to a concert with the Entertainers performing (which is an awesome band) and went shagging. Because of the great location we parked our car on Thursday and did not get back into the car until Sunday when we left. Everything is within walking distance. The pool and lazy river were great and the beach were wonderful. We now have a favorite place to stay in North Myrtle Beach. Our next trip will be back to this resort when we return to North Myrtle. I would recommend this resort to everyone.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank clynchGreenvilleSC
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This place is really great!! From check-in to check-out ,absolutely no problems! The entire staff were so friendly and nice.The room was really nice and very clean. The grounds and pool area were also kept clean all the time.There was plenty of parking across the street IF the lot at the hotel was full which was no problem. Its close to amusement park,beach shops, and all types of eateries!!! It is with-in short driving distant of shopping(malls etc) and all types of restaurants.I would definently stay there again!!!!!

Room Tip: The room We had was Ocean front,2dbl.beds,sm.fridge.,microwave,sink,few dishes---all You need unless...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank judlton
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Every room has a great view. Rooms are always clean. Some rooms are small, some not. But they are all you need. The lobby is very nice. Lazy river, nice pools. Great restaurant, bar. A walk across the street to Main Street, where so many things are. Convenient to many things. Really, a very nice place to stay. Family stays here often, they love it, and always return.

Room Tip: They are all ocean view, so no worries!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cfoodlvr
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights for the Diva Run. It is right at the start/finish line and within walking distance to several eateries. We opted for a non-ocean room to save money. The room was extremely small, but we did have a slight view of the ocean off the side balcony. It was clean and the kitchenette was helpful. It had a coffee maker and a toaster as well as a mini fridge. There is plenty of parking and the beach access is perfect. The pool looked nice, but there were a lot of small children playing so we opted for the beach.
The rate for the room was very reasonable and I would stay there again if I sign up for the run. If I were going on vacation for longer, I would opt for the ocean front room because they were much bigger, but for 2 nights the room we had was adequate.
There was also a bit of noise in the first evening, but it was a Saturday night and they were hosting two wedding groups along with families enjoying the weekend at the beach.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AnneBonney
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We chose this hotel due to the proximity of the property to the start and finish of our Half marathon race. The hotel is easy to find, we had no trouble finding parking ( which is free), free wifi. The hotel is an older property, and it could use some TLC is some places. But it was clean, comfortable and in an excellent location to access the beach and nearby restaurants. The beds were comfy with great pillows! We had an ocean view and could see the pool and hot tub area as well. There is some construction on the beach of a new pier and drainage system. We were always up early so the construction noise did not bother us. The room was clean, and exactly was we needed for the amount of time we actually spent there. The beach was beautiful with quick access to the hotel's tiki bar for lunch or frozen beverages ( but the prices were expensive!).

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean view room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends