“First Night in Town”

Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“First Night in Town”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Our condo rental ran from Saturday to Saturday, so we stayed here our first night. Oceanfront, plenty of pools, lazy river, family friendly, laundry facilities, game room, on site restaurant. Great ocean views! Nice property. Friendly, professional staff. Had 4 adults and 3 children (5, 11, 12). Plenty of parking. Nice lobby

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Using hotels.com as booking agent, when I arrived there I was told that the cheap type of booking was not entitled to balcony nor beach view they seem to consistently put people with booking through hotels.com into the M third floor that does not have view nor balcony (even if this was a promise through hotels.com agent who helped book my hotel. This hotel does not even qualify for a 1 star rating and to go to myrtle beach just to have the burgers and fries that is served around this neighborhood was disappointing. I went to visit the beach and have a view but had to go elsewhere - just an Fyi that across the street motel 8 or quality suites rents for 40 bucks or some 60 dollars and to walk another 100 feet to spend some 200 dollars where people treat you with less to no dignity is not worth the extra money.

Here are some pictures on the neatness that also is far from a 1 star rating with large hair parts on the floor micro wave was dirty and hair was found around the ice dispensers.

I called early for check in and was refused to get in and register before 4pm so I had no way of getting a registered 4th floor or higher.

It was very disappointing and the personnel just not serving it's customers. I have to complain to hotels.com who also did not give correct information on how this hotel operates to customers booking through them.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is not bad, we had 2 double beds with a full kitchen and with a beautiful view of the ocean. The facilities were good, however, our experience was not. When we arrived to our room, the minute we opened the door it smelled like cigarette smoke. We immediately contacted the front desk, they send someone to spray the room, so we left for a few hours and when we came back it's still was not good. they could not move us to another room because they did not have availability until the next morning, so this time they placed some kind of air purifier to see if this will solve the problem until the next day, well that did not worked either. Fortunately we mostly are in the hotel to sleep at night and fix meals, besides that we try to enjoy the beach and activities Myrtle beach offers. They kept saying that it was probably the workers, we told them that if it was a worker they had to be smoking in there for days for the room to have the stench of cigarette smoke. although they claim to be a nonsmoking hotel, everyone around us smoke, people smoke in their balconies,the pool areas and even the elevators. Anyhow, the next day they moved us to another unit, which was fine. We came back after 1/2 day at the beach and the room was smelling of smoke again, this time not as bad, but we believe it was the cleaning personnel. After that we told them to please not clean our room, that we will be picking up whatever we needed from the front desk. The rest of our days we were able to enjoy. Our granddaughter have some serious allergies and this was not good for her. I never saw a problem of anyone asking about the swim bands for the pool, in fact several people were not wearing them. They had a bar and grill in the hotel and lots of activities withing walking distance.The folks at the front desk were very nice, friendly and accommodating, and again the facilities were nice, however, we will not be returning to the hotel. I have stayed at other facilities were they do enforce the non smoking policies. I have nothing against smokers, several family members are smokers, but i rather have the space around me smoke free.

1 Thank summerfun57
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were so pleased with this location for our little get away. It is right there on the corner of main and ocean drive-Our check in was fast and friendly -there is minimal on site parking spots but there was parking directly across the street which was fine,well lit
Our condo was on the 8th floor away from the elevators,private and quiet-
The bed was very comfortable and linens clean,fresh and soft with Plenty of pillows
There was a door to close off the kitchen area and living/dining - murphy bed balconey area from the main King size bed - we actually used the murphy bed for afternoon naps lol
The whole resort was clean,friendly and all we encountered were helpful
The pool,hot tub,lazy river very nice and not over crowded the beach was right there within a few yards of the hotel pool area-
The resort has multiple eating options on site we did not do the breakfast buffet but a good old fashioned meal off the menu worked very well-We also made use of the afternoon restaurant and had a wonderful meal there in the Tiki lounge-We did not visit the Bar in the evenings
Everything is within easy walking distance from this location which I love since I am a walker and love to check things out - The Kroger is just up the road about a mile from Ocean drive if you need anything-the people there are very friendly also
We knew that we would be encountering rain during this visit to Myrtle Beach and it did but I wasnt letting that stop my beach walking - rain poncho and I was on my way!

Room Tip: The rooms higher up have less noise especially from the elevators Room 822 was very nice-private by...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cherpurr
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to this hotel for the past 5 years with both my friends and my girlfriend. I can honestly say it is a well-kept, clean and comfortable hotel to stay at. I don't know what the people who complained about it being dirty are talking about (I'm sorry, but the south does have bugs and it's impossible to keep every one of them out of a hotel, no matter how nice it is!) The views are beautiful, especially from the top floors. The pool area and lazy river are also very nice. The only reason I don't give 5 stars is because of the customer service. I'm speaking specifically about Randall, Mary, and Charlene the bartender. Their lack of interpersonal skills is quite disturbing and they either need a serious attitude adjustment or to find employment in another type of business that doesn't require interacting with people. However, Ed and Stan are incredibly nice and accommodating. If you have the pleasure of dealing with them, tell them you read Matt from New Jersey's review about how great they were (they'll know who you're talking about). If all the staff were like them, this place would have 5 stars across the board. I just hope that the management reads this review and similar ones about the poor customer service before it's too late and they lose regular customers like myself.

Stayed August 2014
Albemarle, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Mediocre, and definitely not a resort. We've stayed here several times over the years because it is close to the grand kids. They would come over to meet us, go to the beach and pool. Starting this year only guests registered at the hotel can use the facilities. They asked our grand kids to leave because they weren't hotel guests. Really, asked kids to leave? So long jerks, we'll spend our money elsewhere from now on.

3 Thank James W
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We arrived by 11:00 am as we had a early flight and were told that we could not check in until 4pm as that was their check in time. We asked if we could store our luggage their so we could do some exploring until check in. First we were told that they did not have a room to do that so we sat in the lobby. A few moments later a man from the front desk stated that he could put our luggage in the back with them, kudos to him and thanks. When we returned our room was ready 2 hours early. despite being accosted at the pool for just rinsing the sand off our feet prior to getting a wristband we were allowed to enter from the beach. The room and beds were quite small but it was clean which was more important. We were their for 5 days and our room was not touched by room service, which was ok with me as long as we were given clean towels. Didn't want them going through my things and gadgets. The view from the balcony was awesome and the beach was right at our doorstep. Their is a Walmart in walking distance and many shops, restaurants and things to do nearby. Overall I will return but book it through the hotel vs a third party site so I can have my choice in rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms facing the ocean and away from the elevator, vending and ice machines have less n...
3 Thank Liz1268
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#7 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#12 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Ocean Reef Resort
Ocean Reef Resort
#17 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!