“Loved The Experience”

T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station
More attraction details
Owner description: T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station is quite possibly the country's only FREE living tiger museum. Located inside Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach, SC, it offers families the opportunity to see tigers up close, through glass, absolutely free of charge. For those interested in meeting a tiger or an ape in person, we offer (for a fee)the opportunity to pose with one of the animal ambassadors for a photo. The animals spend only a couple hours per day, in the late afternoon, at T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station and funding generated from our photos and gift shop sales help support various wildlife conservation projects we conduct worldwide through our Rare Species Fund. We are open from mid-March to mid-October and hours of operation can be found by calling our listed telephone number.
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My son is autisic and absolutely loved getting a chance to hold these precious animals. We had a great time and the staff was super nice. The pricing could be a lil hard to understand but for the two of us - $125 for the experience with choice of printed 8x10. Additional $75 for access to download of all photos taking to all out devices for 30 days. We got a little over 100 shots to download. The smile on my sons face was so worth it

3  Thank Garmon12
in 24 reviews
"animal lovers"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Our 1 yr.old and 3 yr.old Grandsons were so excited to see Tigers. They had a few adults, younger and kittens on display.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Did the Safari Tour and Preservation Station, experience was awesome. Learned a lot about their efforts to save and assist exotic animals all over the planet. They are doing an amazing job.

1  Thank Laura J
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We stopped by while on vacation as usual to see the tigers. They have big tigers out front and smaller baby tigers around on the side. Prices have sky rocketed since our last visit two years ago. We paid about $65 two years ago for picture with two people. They used to price according to group size up to 4, but they now charge $100 for one person and $25 extra for each person after that. I feel that is a rip off now, They have become too greedy. I do not think that they will be open much longer at this location.

3  Thank Nihilator
MBSafari, Manager at T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Nihilator,

thank you for your visit to TIGERS Preservation Station. We are sorry that you do not agree with the pricing we have established. As you may be aware, the opportunity to touch a tiger or an ape is very rare. We offer an experience unlike any other. The increased cost involve reflects the overall cost of properly keeping and caring for these animals throughout their life as well as the immense amount of international wildlife conservation efforts we conduct. To date, we've put more than $1 million directly into helping protect endangered species in their natural habitats. Doing this very important work is neither easy nor cheap. While we freely admit that interacting with our wildlife is not for everyone, we feel that the uniqueness of what we do and our conservation mission fully justifies the expenditure (for those who chose to participate). For those that do not wish to interact with the animals, it is important to note that the animals are free to view. As far as we know, this is the only exhibit in America where it is absolutely free to see tigers.