“Wonderful!”

Preston's Family Seafood Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Preston's grand buffet offers succulent meats and seafood, along with deliciously seasoned vegetables, fresh baked breads and pastries, and oh so much more!Seafood lovers will delight in the variety they find here. The selection is awesome! Besides wonderful shrimp, fish and oysters, Preston's offers scallops, deviled crab, steamed mussels, craw fish and shrimp, salmon, seafood casserole, a seafood medley and more! You can choose to have all you can eat crab legs, which are cooked to order and brought to the table hot with warm butter. If meat is what you crave, Preston's offers prime rib, BBQ ribs, several chicken dishes as well as pork. Pasta lovers aren't left out either!The folks in the kitchen at Preston's do a great job with the buffet's homemade recipes of vegetables and side dishes. Tasty as they are, you'll think Grandma spent all day simmering them on the stove.The salad bar alone is worth the trip! There's 15 feet of colorful, crisp fruit and vegetables with a variety of creamy dressings as well as shrimp and seafood salad, cold boiled shrimp, pasta salad, potato salad, coleslaw and others.The ideal accompaniment to any meal is the melt-in-your-mouth yeast rolls from the in-house bakery. And save room for dessert! Preston's bakers whip up a delightful assortment of fruit cobblers, cookies, cakes and even yummy toppings with ice cream!Preston's a great place to take kids. The kid's bar includes cheeseburgers, french fries, chicken tenders, corn dogs, pizza and nachos with cheese. Not only will they find plenty of things they like, children under 3 eat free!Guests who opt to pass up the buffet will find plenty to like on Preston's full menu including chicken, seafood and steaks.A full bar featuring cocktails and a variety of beers is available. While outstanding food is enough to set Preston's apart from most restaurants, you'll also love the attentive service. Jane McMichael and her friendly staff have a loyal following of guests who come back each year. It's no wonder Preston's has been one of Myrtle Beach's most popular restaurants for 25 years.
Western Kentucky
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 7 April 2011

At $19.95 it might appear to be a bit pricey, but wow, is it good! If you're into fried, that is. Fried scallops, shrimp, oysters and a variety of fish.....and the best crab cakes I've ever eaten. A touch of jalapeno in them and they are terrific! We dined here twice our last trip to MB and have already been once this trip, hopefully we'll make it two this time too!

• Visited April 2011

• Czech first
Modesto, California
“Worst Dining Experience of our Life”
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Took family out to dinner. It's hard to imagine how someone can get everything in their buffet tasting so horribly wrong. My son, who eats anything, wouldn't touch the food. We left with full plates on the table. Any time we joke about food, the name Prestons always comes up. At least we salvaged a lifetime joke out of the $80 we wasted there.

We went to an Chinese buffet just down the road that night - and it was really good.

• Visited November 2010
4 Thank Lang777
Sterling, Virginia
“The very definition of foul”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

It really takes a lot for me to write a bad review. There is almost always something we like about a restaurant. If its not the food then its the service or the atmosphere, etc. Unfortunately we found nothing appealing at Prestons. You know when you drive up to a restuarant at 6pm and the parking lot is half-empty, it really should tell you something.

By Thursday evening, nearing the end of our week at the beach, we were really ready for some "all you can eat" crab legs and decided to give Preston's a try.

When we walked in two women were chatting at the hostess stand and once they bothered to look up from their conversation, they seated us.

Our waitress came over to take our order, did not introduce herself, offer us a drink or anything. She simply said, "help you?" No may I or anything. She seemed extremely perturbed and we just chalked it up to her having an off day. We ordered the buffett and a couple of iced teas and she took off.

My husband and I had a small salad to start and were almost done with them before we received our drinks. No comment at all from the waitress. Just sat them down and walked away.

Now we have ate at buffets before and do not expect fine dining but at the very least we expect the food to be edible. We expect the hot food to be hot and the cold food cold. I would like to say that all the "salad" items we had were cold, crisp and seemed to be fresh. Exactly what you want in a salad. In that cold area were also some very nice peel and eat shrimp on ice. They were quite good. That's where the good stopped.

We really came for the all you can eat crab legs. The crab legs were laying in this plastic bin and tasted like they were boiled in plastic. Every bite of every crab leg we tried tasted like boiled plastic. The spiced shrimp literally disenegrated when we attemped to peel them. There were a few unrecognizable dishes in the hot area but by the time we got around to that I could not get the taste of boiled plastic out of my mouth. My husband tried several things and said they all tasted exactly alike and were all bad.

After our 3rd trip to buffet (one trip salad, one trip for crab legs and one trip to find something edible), our waitress came by and said, "I'll just leave this here for you" and put down our check. This was tuly all she said to us in the entire time we were there; "help you? and "I'll just leave this here for you" . At no time did she offer us a refill on our iced teas or ask how things were or anything. I believe that my husband and I are good customers. We smile, don't ask for much, clean up after ourselves and tip well. At the very least we hope for a refill on our iced teas and a thank you from our server. We received neither.

We paid our check and on the way out asked to speak to a manager so that we could express our concerns. After waiting 15 minutes we were told that the manager was too busy and would not be coming out.

Bottom line, not only would we never go to this restaurant again, I would not allow anyone I cared about to eat there.

9 Thank CarobinVA
Myrtle Beach
“Dont Waste your money”
Reviewed 15 October 2010

This is a health diaster waiting to happen. Lukecold/warm clam chowder that was separated in the pot. Seafood and meat items that were cold not hot. Warm salad items. I left more on my plates than I ate. I am really surprised a health inspector has not hammered this place. With so many good seafood buffets on the beach, this is one to avoid as the selection is poor, taste is bland and subpar, and the food is not at the correct temps for serving nor kept at the correct temps. Stay away.

2 Thank G'Anthony
Salem, Indiana
“It doen't take a BIG Crab on the builing to make good seafood”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Many seafood restaurants in the area use a theme to get you in the door. Preston's gets you in the door with good food.