“Best hamburgers”

Paradise Sushi Bar
Durham, North Carolina
“Best hamburgers”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I mean the burger and fries were sooooo good!!!
No smoking though..

Visited March 2012

myrtle beach
“Disgusting,Rude,and Overpriced”
Reviewed 26 August 2008

This place should not be serving sushi or any kind of food!

I'm always on the look out for good sushi. So when an acquaintance and fellow sushi fan suggested Paradise Sushi Bar and Grill I was thrilled to check it out.

I honestly did become skeptical when I got out of the car. The parking lot was tiny and the location seemed a little seedy.

I understood then why I had drove
pass this place a zillion times and not notice it.

I walk in and its an immediate blackout. The place is dark...the seats near the big windows are dark and its 4ish pm.

The host/waiter/ 'sushi chef' led us to a bistro table with two bar stools cramped in between another table of 2 and the bathroom.

I am not a snob or a ''fine diner'' but when I saw the disgusting dirty tile of the bathroom 2 inches away from where I was suppose to eat ....I froze.

I asked for another seat...he
then led us to a table cramped between a table of 2 big guys and a big speaker blaring techno music.

I couldn't sit there either....the person sitting behind the other table...literally had no room...we would have to physically move the table closer to the speaker to fit in the chairs.

So when the host/waiter/'sushi chef'/ 'Tough guy' noticed that I froze again. He raised his voice and rolled his eyes and said 'is this good?'. He even seemed proud
of his rude behavior as he walked away.

And sitting on a bar stool at a wobbly small bistro table to eat sushi for two with serving
size plates is no fun.

The employees were still setting up the tables even though the place had been open for 25mins.

I go to wash my hands and I kid you not...I felt like I was in a horror movie. There was no soap ...maybe toilet paper but using the toilet wasn't an option.

The lady cleaning the floor of the men's bathroom (the door was open of course) was probably cleaning
up puke from the night before. It was beyond your regular dirty public bathroom.

This place is a dark RANK BAR. It is Not a bar and grill. Its definitely Not a sushi bar.

The price of almost everything on the menu is doubled.

The sushi? Actually the regular nigir was good. It wasn't the watered down tasteless crap you get at most places.
The maki rolls was disappointing,little fresh fish and a lot of filler.

WAs it prepared in a sanitary way? Everything screams NO...especially when I saw a greasy long (not tied back)hair young girl wearing a tank top walking from the kitchen.

Worth the price? NOOOOO
Money spent in vain on gas in my car,the scummy atmosphere, rude service,unsanitary conditions,and amateur prepared sushi.

Why I didn't immediately turn around and walk out? I don't know. It had been a long day of running errands and I was starving.

I will never hesitate to walk out of a place again.