“Nice property”

Shore Crest Vacation Villas
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We truly enjoyed our stay here. PROS: king bed was the best EVER anywhere except for once at a B & B in Branson; kitchen is large and easily navigatable; bathroom has nice ledge to put out all your daily stuff; good flushing stool and drainage in tub; shower head was like a massage; our room was quiet; ionizer for smoke smell works and they had done this ahead after a phone call; good staff and friendly; CONS:not enough elevators; don't bother with an part-ocean view; (we could see a tiny bit of ocean and about 25 rusty air conditioners on the top of an adjoining building); the parking is very tight and difficult to get in and out of;the lounge area is small, not inviting and we could find no coffee. We were in room 902 at the top floor-right around the corner from the elevator (which we could not hear) and easy for trucking our stuff to our room. We would stay here again and reccommend it. It's north myrtle beach and a little ways away from the fray, but still plenty of good restaurants around and not that far from myrtle beach proper. Right on the ocean and also has an indoor pool.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank emptywallet

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I booked this accommodation as a Bluegreen time share owner. My mother, aunt and I stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in Shore Crest II. We stayed on the 5th floor and the marsh view was a pleasant surprise. The unit showed its age in some areas, but it was clean and very comfortable nonetheless. The master bedroom is quite spacious. My only disappointment was a large soaking tub instead of a jetted one. I liked the access the master provided to the ample balcony. The kitchen was well equipped, and the unit is provided with the convenience of its own beach towels and beach bag. The living area was smaller than I had expected. Anyone who is planning to use the sleeper sofa should know that pulling it out would leave little to no room to walk around the bed, and may even obstruct entering the master bedroom comfortably. The enclosed hot tub was nice and offered more privacy, but if you prefer an open air one there is one near the pool in Shore Crest I.The fitness center was small and limited, but there is a larger one in shore Crest I across the street with nice large windows with a view of the indoor pool. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and the beach access was very good. I liked the quite and peaceful atmosphere of North Myrtle Beach, and the beach houses you can see from your unit make the area feel more homey. The property is very close to shopping and restaurants. It was a very relaxing and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank KMA_Adventures
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was our first booking as Bluegreen owners (as we stayed previously at Boyne Mountain and The Fountains on preview stays), and we were very pleased for our 5 day stay.
The Highlights:
Jared, Tammy and Kim at the front desk were fantastic staff to work with! Kudos to them and BG for hiring such great people!
We stayed in Unit 2606 at Shore Crest II and were thrilled with it! The kids bedroom overlooked the ocean (you could see it in between Shore Crest I and another resort) and our bedroom overlooked the marsh and had a great view that you could see all the way to House Of Blues. (Shore Crest II is the building across the street from Shore Crest I, which has ocean views, so if you get a room from the 06 to 09, you'll see the ocean between buildings).
We used all the pools and lazy river, the beach access was great, but the lobby internet was slow (didn't use the wi-fi). There is a fitness room in both facilities, but SC I's is nicer with a multi-station (cable) gym.
I agree with another reviewer: "I wish they would provide kitchen fare beyond metal and glass. A few plastic bowls for mixing and storage would be nice, as well as a nonstick frying pan. I was surprised that there was no radio/CD player" - we had one at both Boyne and Fountains. We accidently broke a glass casserole dish and I let Kim know upon check out and it was only $7 to replace.
The views from the lobby were fantastic! The beach was even better - for it was my 4 children's first trip to the ocean! We collected sea shells and sand to add to our collection!
Parking was awesome - always within 50 feet of the elevators! Felt safe and secure as well.
The only negative I have is attending the "owners update", which was merely another sales pitch to buy more points (we said no several times). When I'm ready, I'll contact them, but we won't be sitting through another one - takes up precious time...we did get free tickets to Ripley's Aquarium, but paid for it by meeting with sales reps for 90 minutes.
We'll be back for it was a special vacation!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank funkytown6755
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This was my first trip to North Myrtle Beach and I can't wait to return. Traveled there to catch a concert at the House of Blues and my cousin has a thing about villas and had booked us in Shorecrest. When arrived early and we were informed that our room was already ready. The front desk clerk was one of the nicest people I have ever met. She chatted away to us and a few of the other employees did to. I love when I can go somewhere and the front staff is awesome. It just sets the mood. When we got to our room, the closet door was off the tracks and leaned against the bed. I called the front desk to let them know because I didnt want them to think we had done it because we're young (early 20s), I informed them that this didnt bother me at all and that it was fine but they sent someone right up to put it back up! The internet didn't work for some reason, but it wasnt from lack of trying on their part! Not only did they come to the room and try to figure out what was wrong but they called AT&T repeatedly about it. Went above and beyond to help out! Our stay was great, one of the best I've ever had. The staff was so friendly, the HOB is amazing and everyone we talked to was so nice. I'm already planning another trip there for this fall! Thanks Shorecrest Staff! :)

Room Tip: We always get oceanview and it was a great bargain and listening to the ocean crash at night is so s...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank AlysMomma08
Reviewed 10 April 2012

As Bluegreen members, we just spent two nights at Shorecrest. We had a wonderful time, our room was great, our two teenage girls spent their entire time going between the pool, hot tub, lazy river, and ocean. We barbecued on the outdoor grill one of the nights and met some very nice guests while cooking our dinner. Most of all.....the staff was tremendously friendly and helpful. We can't wait to go back and stay longer when we can really relax.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank zbella
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Spent 5 nights at Shorecrest II (across the street from the beach) and enjoyed it immensely. Top floor, end unit, with gorgeous views of the Marsh, all the way to Barefoot Landing and Resort. The lights of House of Blues at night, seen in the distance, and the tidal creek and wildlife. We were in an end unit with a window which added light and gave a great view also of the beach, and streets below. Very nice.

The people at the front desk are, as always, helpful and friendly. We left our entire key ring at the ice machine and a worker had turned it in, and we were able to retrieve the next day (when we even noticed it was gone). I also believe an extra effort was taken to give us a good room, as I explained my boyfriend had a broken foot and we'd be spending more time in the unit itself than we'd thought - so who could ask for a better view, and we were close to the elevators as well.

I wish they would provide kitchen fare beyond metal and glass. A few plastic bowls for mixing and storage would be nice, as well as a nonstick frying pan. The beds are not the most comfortable, but aren't too bad. I was suprised this time that there was no radio/CD player, as there had been in my two previous stays.

However, overall, this is a great place, in the best location on the Grand Strand if you like less traffic and a generally quiet area. Great proximity to shopping and dining. Also, I must commend them in the extreme for actually allowing for the fact that there are lots of different people out there. Thank you, Shore Crest, for providing a few rooms to accommodate those of us who smoke.

Room Tip: Ask for an end unit or a high floor, although all views are good. Remember, Shore Crest II is on th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amy D
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Ok... First of all it was supposed to be the highest floor of 9 story resort.
That's what I was assured of when I called the general Bluegreen number. /we are timeshare owners/. Big mistake! If you want specific location - call the resort itself...

Now, the review... :)

The first floor, just above the parking level 2, turned out to be almost the best.
We were walking everywhere - indoor pool, activities center, outdoor pool, our car on level 2.
We didn't take an elevator at all.

We stayed 6 nights /Canadian March Break/. Suprisingly it was really quiet and relaxing, even with teenagers in an outdoor hot tub.

Our 2 bdr apartment was somewhat dated but with newer windows and great oceanfront views. It was spacious, comfortable and really - "home away from home".

Staff was courteous and helpful. Kimberly at the front desk was still very nice to me, even when I voiced my displeasure of not having the higher floor...

Shore Crest has a nice location, nice amenities /compared to most of adjacent properties/.
Also there is a picturesque apartment/resort complex nearby. Worth visiting and... our pictures turned out great... At Shore Crest you can rent bikes, games, movies, etc.
Internet is free just for the Bluegreen owners. Barefoot Landing is a short walk away.

All in all - great stay at Shore Crest Villas...

Room Tip: Ask for the "ocean front" room /not just ocean view.../ in Shore Crest I. With "ocea...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family