“Unique Hotel in Cherry Grove Section of North Myrtle Beach”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Myrtle Beach
Blockade Runner Motor Inn
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A unique hotel in a quieter part of North Myrtle Beach. The hotel has been there many, many years and the owners have done a wonderful job keeping the original look while at the same time modernizing the hotel. The property is well landscaped and very attractive with blooming flowers, palm trees, and lots of lush greenery. It sits directly on the ocean so every room faces the beach and the surf. Rooms are a generous size, nicely furnished with very comfortable beds, and clean. There is a small pool, children's pool, and hot tub in a gated area beside the hotel, and for wheelchair guests, there is a lift so they can enter and exit the main pool. Staff are friendly and welcoming. There is also a small restaurant offering breakfast, lunch, snacks on site as well as an outdoor bar. This small hotel has five stories. Those on the first floor do not have a view of the beach or ocean but step out to a beautifully maintained "backyard" only steps away from the walkway to the beach. There are towels available for pool and beach use as well as a shower and foot shower for the sandy bodies and feet. This hotel has something special that no flashy, high-rise, multimillion dollar hotel on the entire strand can match. And...their rates are very reasonable.

Room Tip: For a view of the beach and ocean you need to have a room on 2-5 floors. All rooms have a nice balc...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank NCCUfootballmom

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Nice basic family beach front hotel.Clean room's , beautiful ocean view. If you're looking for a big resort will all the bells and whistles go somewhere else, but if you are looking for a quiet reasonable priced hotel in a quite part of Myrtle Beach then this fits.Small pool, poor wifi strength, but all around nice stay with clean comfortable beds.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank JOHN H
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is the best place to stay on the strand,great people at check in, all the staff is helpful, friendly all the way to the housekeepers. The rooms are real clean have nice towels in bathrooms they aren't made of starch soft towels. Rooms are cleaned each day. They now have a small restaurant inside of hotel but prices are a little expensive so we ate at friend's each morning right up the street. Someone left 2 wild kitties and the staff feeds and takes care of them. They have found a forever home here at the hotel so when you check in bring a small bag of cat food to help with the cost we did. What great people.Our beds were so comfortable no lumps,slept great for 5 days.We will stay there again because of the friendly people,our hats off to you.

Room Tip: 410 great room we faced the ocean what a view to wake up and sit on your own balcony and have your c...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Bonita C
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have been coming to the Blockade Runner for many years. Each time is a wonderful experience. All rooms are large, clean, tastefully decorated, and have a private balcony with a beautiful view of the wide beach and the ocean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The cafe was a great place to eat breakfast. The outside of the inn is landscaped nicely. We wouldn't stay anywhere else on the Grand Strand!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Carrie M
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The Blockade Runner is like a dream come true. My husband and I started coming to the Cherry Grove/North Myrtle area annually after our son was born, and this was our fourth trip with him (age 3.5). We had previously stayed in a few typical high-rise "resorts" but we weren't too impressed... high prices, spotty service, too crowded, always seemed to be missing several amenities the website had claimed etc. Every year we would drive by the Blockade Runner and I'd have my husband pull over so I could take a picture. It just looks so SWANKY!! I'm a big fan of mid-century architecture and this place is a stunning example. After I learned that my in-laws spent their honeymoon at this motor lodge, I couldn't resist booking a room. When we checked in, I was honestly expecting a drab 1980s interior remodel but boy was I impressed! The first thing I noticed was how incredibly CLEAN it was! Even the downstairs restroom just outside the lobby was spotless. I didn't see any sand or seawater anywhere. Decor was tasteful throughout the interior spaces and the exterior was lovely with the lawn and the flowers etc. The pool area is nice and includes a jacuzzi, baby pool with waterfall, and a decent sized pool with a chair lift so that those who have mobility issues may still enjoy the facilities. We had a delicious and very reasonably prices breakfast one morning in the Overboard Cafe (previously called Mimosas). The restaurant is just off the lobby and has a nice covered patio with several tables and chairs. They appeared to be working on a tiki bar out there, too. The room was spacious and the balcony was expansive. We were on the third floor and had a perfect view of the ocean. Our efficiency room had a very functional kitchen and it was stocked with vintage Pyrex and Corningware dishes (be still my heart!) There is FREE WIFI!! And it's fast, too! Granite counters in kitchen and bath as well as a flat screen HDTV. The hotel is a short walk from the Boulineaus grocery store/restaurant/beach shop, as well as several fantastic restaurants and a liquor store.
My only complaint is there is no fitness center, but I'm not sure I would even use it on vacation anyway ; )
Friendly staff, great prices, ocean front. Everything was perfect and I can't wait to go back for Labor Day! That's right, we loved it so much we are taking two trips this year!

Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank lmadams87
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay although I would definitely request a room on the upper floors as on the ground floor you have easy access to the beach but the room we were in had a community grill and picnic table right at our back door. Being a private person I was not able to keep even my curtain open because there was always someone out there. So a little disappointed in that. The motel is older but it was clean and the management was polite.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary A
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A small hotel,nothing spectacular,but quiet and a wonderful beach. Not expensive and the staff is friendly. Close enough from Myrtle beach proper but far enough away. Took Mom to the beach for Mother's Day. This was a great choice.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view with wide balconies. Only 5floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family