“beds were not changed!!!!!”

North Beach Plantation
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We checked into a 5 bdrm suite and after waiting until 7pm to get in the room. I had to call room service to come and change the bed linen in 3 of the bdrms. The staff failed to restock room after last guest (dishwasher detergent/toilet paper). After this the stay was great, the staff was helpful, and the view is incredible. The hotel probably need to hire extra help at peak times.

Room Tip: Don't go during peak time!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brenda K
There are newer reviews for North Beach Plantation

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It's been a while since we visited Myrtle Beach and found it very pleasant! We stayed in the towers. The view was spectacular. The pools are plenty and a great way to cool off from the hot sun. The beach is clean and enjoyable as well. Pack yourself a blanket or a couple chairs if you don't want to rent any if you are beach goers.
My suggestions are: add a lazy river that surrounds the pool area and possibly a small water park too. A pedestrian bridge to Barefoot Landing would also be nice.
The only negative and only because I'm very particular when I spend a good bit of money on a weeks rental, I also expect our accommodations to match what I pay. The units main living furnishings were on the low end. The sofa was small and you sank in it. I feel the quality of the bed sheets need to be upgraded too. Let's get a higher thread count in there. I don't know what the policy is to the home owners when furniture needs to be replaced but it's time! Good quality furniture lasts longer and takes the beating renters give it. The old saying, "You get what you pay for." Other than those things our stay was pleasant and the grandchildren were very happy with the beach and pool setting. We needed service in the room the first day with a light bulb out and a seat cushion needed repair and it was done courteously and quickly.
There is a poolside bar and café but cost can add up quickly. There are also plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from. I'm sorry I did not get a chance to try the spa or the Steak house or the 3rd floor breakfast buffet. Perhaps next time! This is definitely an upscale condo from what I could see in the area.

Room Tip: We were on 11th floor. The view and air was delightful! It was quiet. They can't tell you you...
1  Thank MeemH
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This being the #1 hotel in NMB, I had high expectations. Checked in about an hr early on Friday, which was real nice. Went to the deluxe one bedroom flat, and it was awesome. Hardwood floors, granite countertops, 12ft ceilings. BUT... then went to the pool. Crowded, drunk party with a DJ blaring family inappropriate rap. So much for relaxation. I was really expecting a chilled out family vibe but what we got that first day was Daytona Beach spring break. Accommodations as far as decoration and design are exceptional. Staff was friendly and helpful. The amenities are not as high class as they want you to believe on the website. And the walls in the building we stayed in were thin. You can hear people talking in the next room. I guess if you got an entire house it might be better. They are doing quite a bit of construction on new homes close to the towers, so be weary of that. Nail guns and hammers aren't typically relaxing. I've stayed in better hotels in MB for less money. I would tell you where it is but I the less people know about it the better.

Room Tip: Good luck. I guess coming during a less busy time would help
5  Thank The Hulk B
Reviewed 29 June 2014

480 Banyan House is beautiful....well appointed and a short bike ride to the Tower/Pool area and beach. The pools are plentiful but I recommended that they have cleaning breaks throughout the day so the dirt doesn't build up and the water remains fresh. Plus, they need more kids activities. The area under the covered lazy river needs to be spruced up a bit but all in all this is a 4 Diamond facility. Our house was for sure what we were expecting!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just checked in for 8 days and after long drive got in room and found wash cloth and chips in living room floor, dusty dirty, refrigerator with lots of food left in it let alone it being cleaned, dried food on kitchen counter, dried toothpaste or something on bathroom counter and worst of all makeup, bm, or blood stains on sheets of made up bed. See pics

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
17  Thank David S
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I loved the pools, the grounds and the the layout of our condo but the furniture was too dirty. We had a one bedroom (only us and young daughter) on the 11th floor. The couch had a stain on the cushion that I immediately turned over. The arms of the chair were black with dirt. The table had what looked to be white paintball over on of the chairs. The bed was the WORST I've ever slept in at any resort. I had been looking forward to staying here for some time and was very disappointed. Rooms like this one should not be rented until they are up to standards. I wish I would've called to demand a different room. I've never had to do that before. My husband had already started bringing up luggage. There were no carts available and he was already mad (no carts) and tired after driving so far so I decided to let it be. Too bad you can't see pics of the EXACT condo you are renting like other places have. I think it would have made a difference. Overall resort A+ Room D-

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Steph45601
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My sons baseball team was playing the Ripkin Experience. The rest of the team stayed in the Breakers - we stayed 12 miles N at NBeach Plantation. Pools, beach, room was THE BEST of both N and S Myrtle Beach. Our beach was not crowded. Our 4 bedrm was tastefully decorated and impeccable.

I am a very picky and hard to please person. I have NOT ONE complaint abut this resort. Spend the money - you won't be disappointed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#7 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#5 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Ocean Reef Resort
Ocean Reef Resort
#18 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to North Beach Plantation? Share your experiences!