“Great time even in a hurricane!”

North Beach Plantation
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The rooms in the houses and the towers are great.
The cabanas are nice. They could use a few amenities such as a refrigerator and/or a TV or sound system.
The pool area could utilize a better sound system.

Overall though compared to other resorts in Myrtle and North Beach this resort is great!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,766)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place was truly amazing with awesome views, excellent staff, and an overall great vacation. I have read the reviews for this place and heard check in would be a nightmare but since we had expected a long wait.... no worries.. just wait at the pool or beach. We were able to get our pool wrist bands and hung out all day at the beach and pool. We are already planning our next visit!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors had better views in my opinion.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I have been to North Beach Plantation now for the third year in a row and all we can say is it simply keeps getting better. IF you are looking for a high end luxury resort within driving distance of many places (Raleigh, NC for us) then I can't imagine a better place to go. For starters we love Myrtle Beach in that there is so much to do for the entire family. When you stay at the North Beach Plantation you get the best of both worlds in that the condo's are absolutely perfect for a families as the rooms have kitchens, living rooms and as many bedrooms and bathrooms you need to make your stay feel like home not to mention every room has a spectacular view of the ocean. While we love the resort itself, we have learned that like any other vacation the people that work at the resort can make or break your stay. We have been fortunate enough to have met and become friends with a few of the staples there and to say they are the BEST would be an understatement. I would strongly recommend you seek out the following people as they will all but guarantee you fantastic service on top of being some of the nicest people I have ever met. First is Paige who is by far the best, most attentive server I have ever met. She hustles to make sure you have everything you need as soon as you need it and is always doing it with a smile. Absolutely fantastic. Then when you head over to the bar and make sure you ask for Gerry and Dee Lynn as they are also two of the best bartenders I have ever had the pleasure of drinking with :). They too are always attentive and put a smile on my face every time I am there not to mention they hustle and truly care that you are having a great time. Last there is John who is the GM who I have met over the past two years. He too has a genuine concern for the fact that you and your family should have a great time and will do anything he can to make that happen. The staff here are truly amazing and we look forward to seeing them every time we go. North Beach is a very rare combination of a beautiful resort with tons of pools, beach access and fantastic people and service. We travel to many high end hotels as well as travel all over the country, yet one of our favorite places to go is and always will be North Beach Plantation. Many thanks to Paige, Gerry, Dee Lynn and John as they truly make every trip to North Beach Plantation a memorable one and they are the reason we keep coming back.

Room Tip: Pick the room that best suits your families needs. They are all beautiful and have balconies so it...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I, one adult child, one teen, and our rising 4th grader stayed in one of the 3-bedroom waterfront condos. It was an complimentary upgrade from the 2 bedroom unit we reserved but was not ready for the 4pm check in. By 4:50 they not only upgraded us to this impeccably nice unit but also gave us a $50 bar comp so I was very pleased with that.

Unit was beautiful and spacious. We felt like royalty here compared to the worn down places like Patricia Grand that we had used in prior years. This resort felt very new and/or at least well maintained. Elevators and corridors are all kept very clean. Parking in attached garage was not a problem. Very professional staff. They are strict about using your towel cards in order to receive towels at the pool but that was fine for us. It may frustrate some people.

My only hesitation about returning here, aside from the high prices, are the thick crowds. If you don't claim your pool or beach chairs early, you'll likely be out of luck. This is especially the case with the beach chairs, which rent for $25 per day for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella. Limited supply and very high demand. I advise you to call ahead of your trip and rent these in advance and for all the days you'll want them or risk losing out. Alternative is to bring your own chairs and umbrellas which a few dozen families did. We left ours at home and brought our canopy tent but these are not allowed on this beach.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank NCTravelPro
Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you want to spend 5-10,000 dollars vacationing with check in 2 hours late while paying for full day check in at 6 pm black mold in shower broken drawers in chest, dryer not working, only maid service is to remove garbage and bring towels daily, no other service provided as vacuuming mopping cleaning shower or making bed provided, also minimal beach front until 2-3 o'clock please come on down but I personally would stay at a holiday express before returning here as I was told when inquiring about changing sheets or basic cleaning of room by front desk motels only provide these services.spending10000 dollars for 7 days should provide a little more,

• Stayed: July 2014
20  Thank Turtle3232
Reviewed 1 July 2014

When I had made my initial reservation, I first had called and the lady on the phone informed me that they had no 2 bedroom condos available during the week that I was looking to stay there, after we got off the phone I went on-line just to check what else might be available, and I found a two bedroom condo available and immediately booked that. While I was booking that room I had selected the Romance package as an add on because the day of our arrival happened to be my Fiance's birthday, and when we got to the room no flowers or champagne were anywhere to be found. Although I spoke to the front desk and they gladly removed the charge from our bill after doing a little researching.

Check-in is not until 4 p.m, and I was not informed of that until we arrived. Fortunately, you can lay at the pool and use the facility until your room is ready. Also, if you do choose to check-in at 4 p.m be prepared to wait in a line of 100 other people!

We stayed in the towers, in a 2 bedroom condo. It was cozy, well decorated, and very clean (except for one of the pillow cases had red wine stains all over it).

The internet in our room did not work at all. We asked the front desk and called the tech desk, both places (very politely) informed us that there was nothing they could do to improve the signal in our room. I think it should be the number one priority to provide excellent wifi signal to all guests. Especially, at the price point they are catering mostly to executives who cannot afford to "vacation" in the sense that most people can. Several times throughout the trip my fiance received urgent phone calls from his bosses and was told that he had emails and attachments that required his immediate attention. His stress level was off the charts because of his inability to retrieve these messages and reply in a timely fashion this put a huge damper on two of our days at your resort.

In the rooms it would have been really nice if the sliding doors had screens. We really like to sleep with our windows open at night and wake up to the sound of the ocean, but of course without the screen there would be too many mosquitos and bugs to leave the doors open all night.

The wait time on the elevators was extremely long, and there were no stairs that I was aware of.

Since the property is very spread out (it's about a half mile walk from the front desk/spa/and restaurant to the towers) the shuttles service was great, but, it would be even better if somehow it was possible to call and schedule a pick up time in advance. They called the shuttles when you were ready and sometimes that took up to 20 minutes, sometimes it was immediate.

The employees and services offered at the spa were very nice. My fiance and I both had several treatments done and the quality of the treatments was outstanding. The spa itself was well kept and well stocked with towels, hairspray, blow-dryer, etc. The staff immediately attended to anything that was out of order. The therapists and estheticians were very kind and very knowledgeable. I only wish there would have been more amenities to enjoy prior to or following my treatments such as a hot tub, sauna etc. The only amenity I saw were the showers and steam room.

The staff at the pool bar was also very lovely, but on one of our days, I had went to the pool bar and ordered a few drinks, when I asked him to charge it to our room he informed me that their computer system was down so they could not charge to our room. So, I left my drink with my fiance and quickly darted off to our room to retrieve a credit card for him to charge the drinks to.

Also, the location of the resort is nice - it is right by barefoot landing, but we had no children with us so we frequently drove about a half hour near a complex called celebrity square for our evening or daytime entertainment. We went to see Legends in Concert one evening, and dueling pianos another (both were spectacular by the way). One of the days we visited the Myrtle Beach Safari, all of these activities were quite far from the hotel and I am glad we had rented a car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AmandasReviews
Reviewed 1 July 2014

By far the nicest place in Myrtle Beach!!!! We had stopped visiting Myrtle Beach over the last 10 years due to "run down" hotels - coming upon this place online changed my mind.... once we arrived we were impressed!!!!! We are actually planning another stay very soon!!!! All the rooms are ocean front so there was no hassle or worry if all the ocean front rooms would be booked like most places.

The pools were incredible!!!!! I am a huge pool person (that is usually what determines where we stay) and there were pools everywhere!!!! My toddler even had tons of smaller pools he was able to play in!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Grrlyash
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
Shore Crest Vacation Villas
Shore Crest Vacation Villas
#7 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to North Beach Plantation? Share your experiences!