“Fantastic option right on the beach!”

North Beach Plantation
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently stayed in one of the ocean front condos at North Beach Plantation and we could not have asked for a better place! The rooms were spacious, well-appointed, clean, quiet (except for the nightly fireworks let off by some idiots on the beach- not NBP's fault!), and the view is WOW! The pools were very clean and there were so many to choose from, it never grew old. The location is fantastic- North Myrtle Beach is not nearly as kitchy, cliche, and busy as Myrtle Beach. We were near loads of great restaurants, Barefoot Landing and Tanger Outlets for shopping, and could easily have driven to MB if we desired. This is a fabulous alternative to a regular hotel room for not much more in price. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bnlred

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went there for a bachelor party and planned it all last minute - the resort was very easy to work with and got it set up in no time. Very good price on a VERY NICE piece of property - it said it could sleep 6-8 and with 8 people we were not disappointed at all. The pool area is not only the best in Myrtle but the best I've been to at any place I've ever stayed. The beach was packed, and NBP is nice because its close enough to where everything is, but it's far from all the cheaper and more affordable hotels/motels. In comparing it with the main strip of hotels/motels, when you stay at NBP you don't even feel like you're in Myrtle Beach. 10/10 would recommend and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Any of the rental houses offer free shuttle service, so don't shy away from them because they...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Corey H
Reviewed 14 July 2014

North Beach Plantation Towers look great but WOW are they noisy! Many of the units are tiled throughout and you can hear people above you, below you, next to you walking, jumping, pulling out chairs, sliding furniture across the floor. VERY poorly constructed/insulated for such an upscale property. You would also think that people would be respectful in the hallways early in the morning or late at night. NOT SO! We had to call security multiple times after 1:00AM because folks were so loud coming off the elevators. At 2:00AM we called security for loud music. They will allow anyone to stay there who has the money. And the music at the pools is too loud too! There is no area where you can hear the ocean or read a good book! They definitely cater to the young party crowd. They also don't allow you to bring even soft coolers to the pool -- it cuts into the sales they would get at the beach bar. Sheesh!

7  Thank BeachandParks
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just got back from a week stay here and my family and I loved it. I read a few negative reviews about this place but I really wouldn't put to much stock into them. This is hands down THE NICEST place in myrtle beach. In comparing it to other places I have stayed around the world, it may not be the best, but when comparing it to other myrtle beach resorts it is the best. Its location is great as far restaurants, shopping and activities. All of the staff I encountered was very nice and always told you to have a good day. I felt the place was very secure and safe. I could see where one might get a little frustrated with the fact the main office, spa, fitness center, etc. are not located at the towers, but the resort offers a shuttle service and my wife used it and thought it was very efficient. Do not let this deter you from staying in the towers though.
We had a 3 br 3 bath condo in the indigo tower and it was very nice. We had 6 adults and 3 children but we had plenty of room and did not feel like we were stepping on each. We arrived at 11am the day of check in and were allowed to use the pool. Check in isn't until 4pm, but they called me at 2pm to let me know my room was ready and I could check in early. All of the bedrooms and baths were in great condition. That master bed and bath is awesome. The appliances in the kitchen were nice (GE profile) and the washer and dryer was great. The room did have a few spots, such as stains on the carpet or scratches on the wall, but that is going to happen when you have people staying there every week. However, nothing like that would prevent me from coming back.
Everyone praises the pools, and they should. One of the best pool decks I have ever used. Pools for all ages and it is kept very clean and clear from debris. The wait staff was nice out there, although people were right about it being overpriced. Each day they had some kind of activities for the kids and usually some kind of live entertainment. They do a a luau every weds evening which my wife said was good. However, and this is one flaw in general for this resort, they don't do a very good job of announcing their activities. The only reason we knew about it was from trip advisor. I think if they could add an announcement board each day this would keep guest in the loop and allow them to plan their days out.
Parking wasn't bad and there was more than enough for the towers. My wife was very complimentary of the spa and overall we had a great trip. I had begun to dislike myrtle beach over the last decade because they were allowing the hotels to become run down and felt like more and more riff raff was taking over. However, North Beach Plantation has restored my faith, and I think my family and I will be coming back at least every other year. And when we do, we will be staying here.

Room Tip: All of the rooms in the towers are ocean front and have great views of the pools and the beach.
2  Thank PettsWVU01
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The pools are amazing, everything was absolutely beautiful! I would definitely encourage you to consider NBP for your stay in North Myrtle Beach. That being said, I was not happy with the owners of our unit this year as the owners had locked more than half of the closets in the unit for their personal use. We have stayed in condos at Myrtle Beach for the last 9 years and not once did the owner of the unit keep their personal items (food, clothing, etc) in locked closets. We stayed at NBP last year and did not encounter this problem--nor did we run in to this problem at the Avista the 4 years before that or any other resort where we stayed. North Beach Plantation is amazing, I would just make sure 318 is not the room you are assigned.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views of the pools and the ocean.
2  Thank LoveTheBeach9193
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for the second time. The resort itself is beautiful! We've only stayed in the towers and the privately owned rooms have always been very nice. Our biggest issues are the staff at check -they are not friendly. Also, check in is at 4pm our room was not ready until closer to 6pm. The outside parking is very limited for such a large building and if you have a roof rack you are very limited to the parking in the parking garage. Housekeeping does not come daily to change out towels... Out of 6 nights they may have come 3 times. Overall, it is a gorgeous place, they do keep it clean and it is a great location!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Theberreys
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The North Beach Plantation is by far the best hotel in the Myrtle Beach area. We stayed in a two bedroom oceanfront suite with one king bed and two full beds. We had two nice bathrooms. The bathroom in the master bedroom even had a whirlpool soaker tub. We had a full kitchen with very nice appliances and granite. We also had one huge balcony expanding from the living room to the master bedroom. It was all wonderful except for a few things: 1. Beware oceanfront at the NBP isn't a traditional oceanfront. It's quite away from the water and more in line with the traditional definition of ocean view. 2. Beware of extra and hidden fees! Make sure you speak with multiple people and that they all give you the same fees totals. 3. They do not allow deliveries to the hotel. 4. Parking is a nightmare. Don't come in a large vehicle! 5. There is no daily maid service. For this price, there definitely should be. Overall though, great stay!

• Stayed: August 2013