“Absolutely outstanding”

North Beach Plantation
“Absolutely outstanding”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I love this resort and will definitely return. We stayed in a two bedroom in the Indigo tower. My family had a blast! The prices at the pool bar were not much different than a bar at home and the cheeseburgers were great. I enjoyed my view every morning and I never had trouble getting clean towels. It has been a week in paradise and I truly hate to return to reality! ! Until next time. ...

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after many days of debating on which place in NMB we should stay at. We stayed in a carriage house that was nice although we had a few large cricket looking creatures that wanted to hang out with us on vacation but we're not welcomed. The carriage house is probably a 1/3 of a mile from the main hotel and the shuttle service was excellent in transporting us when we called with a little wait. As for the cost, I wish we had stayed at another hotel because I really feel that this place was overpriced...some bulbs were burned out in the bathroom upon check in and the remote was missing the back cover. Small complaints but I sure feel for the price I paid it could have been a lot better.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Goerniego
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is our second stay at this resort. It is beautiful and breathtaking! Some good points:
Location - quiet area of North Myrtle Beach
Rooms are gorgeous
View of ocean is outstanding as well as beach access.
Prime 21 steakhouse is very good
Some poor points:
Pool area- monitor removes towels from chairs if you are not sitting. (even if you are swimming)
Way too many rules to be able to relax.
Housekeeping is not good. Sheets smelled of perfume- gross right? they never changed them from previous guest! Found this out when we went to bed at midnight. no housekeeping available.
coffee pot in kitchen still had a full pot of coffee in it from previous guests.
Had to call every day to get new towels in room
Bottom line. We will be staying again. I really hope that they terminate the pool monitor (Frances) and retrain the housekeeping staff.

4 Thank fashionnsmashin
Hannibal, Missouri
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at NBP from July 23-27. We were first put Ina 2 bedroom and 2 bath condo that was very substandard. It wasn't clean. The carpet was filthy and the walls were extremely dirty. A place I wouldn't spend a 100 a night on much less. 550. It was late and we called and they said they would move us the next day. They did but it was a "quick" move bc we had to get out so they could put someone else in there that night. I understand that these places are owned by people and rented by the hotel and I guess the hotel doesn't really check them for "standards" I feel should be kept up. Anyway, upon the quick move my mother lost a nightgown, robe, and a coverup. It was never seen again. I just felt like there were so many different mishaps. Anyway the rest of the stay was fine. Not for sure if I would go back. Maybe to stay in a newer cottage and not in the towers. The towers r nice bc they are close to the beach and pools which was all nice. We didn't eat at any restaurants on site. When we spoke to management about the stay and problems, she credited us 200 dollars which was the best case scenario for us. The hotel staff was helpful to us in getting an email printed and faxed in a vary timely manner.

Room Tip: Try and get into a new updated and maintained condo.
2 Thank Crgrahamcrna
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed for a week in an ocean front condo in the Indigo Tower. The resort is spectacular, very clean and the staff is very friendly. Our kids had so much fun going from pool to pool, to the beach, the lazy river, you name it. We had an amazing week long vacation and would definitely go back again. A few things to know though, first the sign at the entrance to the pools state that you cannot reserve chairs or they will remove your things, this is a joke. We sat on our balcony every morning and watched people throw down towels and reserve five, six, sometimes more chairs and then leave to come back later. No one ever moved their things. The best chairs are gone within ten minutes of the pool opening, no joke, and if you're not there within the first half hour you risk not getting a chair at all. We saw this happen all week. Also, the drinks at the swim up bar are ridiculously priced, I get it you're on vacation and they have you over a barrel but seriously, $4 for a can of bud light is crazy. Oh and the pool bar closes early, 6:30 PM I believe. Despite the sign that says no coolers or outside drinks allowed we saw people all week doing this. Then finally one day I guess they decided to enforce the rules and were actually checking peoples coolers for beer and asking them to take it back to the room. Despite these minor annoyances we still had a blast and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jas0n_707
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Best place in Myrtle Beach.. Couldn't believe the treatment and amenities. We were not prepared for how awesome this property was we actually thought that we were mistakenly given someone else's room. We stayed in March and although it was FREEZING we had a blast. We stayed in the North Towers, and no lie the room was like a palace!!

My husband and I enjoyed watching the sun set and rise from our bedroom deck. The kids loved the lazy pool.

The property is close to EVERYTHING, food, shopping and family activities. We are adding this to the family tradition list and hope to return in the summer 2015

Room Tip: Request the North Towers simply amazing!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our deluxe flat was fantastic! Unbelievably clean, granite countertops, wood floors, tiled shower, brand new appliances. The pool and beach area are wonderful. Highly recommend this resort. In response to a recent review of the pool staff....we found them friendly and helpful. We greatly appreciated their dedication to their posted everywhere policy of not saving lounge chairs. The pool opened at 9 am and within minutes every chair would have a towel "saving" it for later use. There were hundreds of chairs. At times, there were less than 50 people in the pool area---including swimming in the pools and all chairs were covered. I LOVED that the staff stands behind their policy and tries to make it fair and enjoyable for ALL guests. I saw them removing towels numerous times as they tried to keep up as best they could. I hope that all guests can appreciate this policy and enforcement by their staff doing their job. This is a wonderful resort and staff!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Flats are wonderful.
2 Thank Shawna36
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,179 reviews
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,436 reviews
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
#5 of 208 in Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,667 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,223 reviews
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,028 reviews
Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

Been to North Beach Plantation? Share your experiences!