“North Beach House”

North Beach Plantation
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family has stayed at North Beach many times over the last few years, we have stayed in every type of room accommodation on the property.

Our favorite are the houses, last week (07-26-14) we stayed in Cantor 74 and it was a great 4 BR , 3 bath home, that was very clean and nicely decorated. Our only complaint is the lack of a gas grill, and it could be stocked with a few more kitchen items. Being in a house gives the kids a place to be outside in the evenings and gets them out of the house, in the towers that is not possible.

The resort speaks for itself and is top notch....

2  Thank Kenny T
Write a ReviewReviews (2,742)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Loved the resort atmosphere. So many pools to relax in. Beautiful beach. Can get crowded quickly around the pool so be there before 9:30 to get a chair. Rent your beach chairs and umbrella in advance to ensure you get them.

Room Tip: Beautiful, immaculate room. Stayed in room 510 Indigo Tower( 1 bedroom condo). Loved the towers. Clo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our family of 12 rented the penthouse #3 in the north tower for a week, at a cost of over $9,000. For this price, we expected a very upscale, well appointed unit. Instead, we received a less than impressive average condo. We were very let down when we walked in at 2 am upon arrival. The sheets to the beds are like sandpaper and the pillows were no better than an airline pillow. We were without wi-fi for 4 of the 7 days we were there, despite US having to spend an hour at a time with tech support in Pennsylvania. We felt the hotel should have rectified the situation; who wants to deal with this stuff on vacation? Also upon arrival, two of the 5 bathrooms, had stopped up sinks, there were no blow dryers, no iron or board. All things advertised as being an amenity so we didn't bring. In all, I think we had 10 different calls requesting maintenance or something that was missing, brought up to us. For that kind of money, we should not have had any hassle. Overall, the decor of the unit was very outdated with old brown tile on the floors and in the bathrooms, worn looking shower tubs in all the baths except MBR, and in general all of the furniture looked like it was worn/cheap/old. The bedrooms were all very small, and did not have any luggage racks! You either put your suitcase on the bed or floor or completely unpack. Temperature control was a arguing point for our group, because some bedrooms would be freezing while others were like a sauna. Shower pressure was terrible. Are you getting the point, that the unit was just not worth even half of what we were charged?
As for the rest of the property, the pool nazis as mentioned in other posts, were a real bummer as well. Even if you have your personal items on a chair, not just a towel, they pick them up and put them in a pile! I left my bag with keys, some cash, and my phone covered by my towel, when we went in for lunch, for me to only find it thrown in a pile across from where I left it. Again, did I need stress of thinking my bag was stolen on vacation? The overall complex with the houses is way too big for the pool and they need to add pools just for those houses. There definitely needs to be a better system of letting people enjoy a chaise around the pool without having to sit there every minute for fear of your stuff being taken.
For the cost of this place, they need to do a much better job of providing SOMETHING to the guests. The maid service consisted of us having to pile our towels and garbage at the door and they only replaced that. There is no bed making, no tidying of the bathrooms, etc. Once the one bottle of shampoo and soap was gone, there was no more. If they want to charge like a premium hotel, then act like it, because they certainly are not better than the one week rentals of some magnificent looking homes we saw online (but not available for the week we went).
Oh, and the elevator situation is TERRIBLE. Very few elevators for 20 floors, and they were not air conditioned, nor is the area you wait for them. Very smelly rides for sure.
My recommendation is to look at the Marriott. We went there to look around and it is very very nice. We did not look at this before booking NBP, however we looked online while there, and we would have actually SAVED money and had our beds made every day if each family had gotten a suite. I'd say that's what we would do if we ever return to Myrtle Beach, but honestly, we'd go back to Hilton Head or other places in Florida we have traveled before going here. We can say we did it once, but won't be doing it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool/beach view. Avoid Penthouse 3 in North Tower
10  Thank I_Love_2_GoKy
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Return visit to North Beach Plantation. The spa was fabulous. (massage and pedicure!) The kids loved the beach and the pool area is out of this world! Really loved that pool towels are always available.

Room Tip: We stayed in a house on property. Eazy peazy with the shuttle!
1  Thank 243MicheleB
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We rented a one bedroom one bath condotel on the fifth floor of Indigo Towers the week of July 20th. My unit and many others were not available at the assigned 4 PM check in time. More than 50 guests were in the lobby screaming for their room keys. Finally, close to 5 PM we were able to enter our unit. The ocean view was spectacular but we had to call housekeeping multiple times for basic check list items. The living room furniture was worn out,uncomfortable and past its prime. The mattress was shot and the bedding was threadbare. At a minimum the carpets needed to be cleaned preferably replaced. The moldy shower stall was totally unacceptable.
The management 's comment was that the "owner was not keeping up with the unit."
Hopefully, not all of the units are in this deplorable condition. I will never return to North Beach Plantation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
18  Thank TangoMJK
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I love this resort and will definitely return. We stayed in a two bedroom in the Indigo tower. My family had a blast! The prices at the pool bar were not much different than a bar at home and the cheeseburgers were great. I enjoyed my view every morning and I never had trouble getting clean towels. It has been a week in paradise and I truly hate to return to reality! ! Until next time. ...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here after many days of debating on which place in NMB we should stay at. We stayed in a carriage house that was nice although we had a few large cricket looking creatures that wanted to hang out with us on vacation but we're not welcomed. The carriage house is probably a 1/3 of a mile from the main hotel and the shuttle service was excellent in transporting us when we called with a little wait. As for the cost, I wish we had stayed at another hotel because I really feel that this place was overpriced...some bulbs were burned out in the bathroom upon check in and the remote was missing the back cover. Small complaints but I sure feel for the price I paid it could have been a lot better.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple