“Great Resort”

North Beach Plantation
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Resort”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This place is nice. However, that poolside grill SUCKS. The condos are nice, and housekeeping is decent. Beach access is superb, but insanely crowded. It has great attractions nearby, so I think you will enjoy it for a hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is one of the nicest resorts we have ever stayed in. The condo was beautiful - everything like new. The pool area is fabulous. Beach is clean and beautiful. Convenient location for all the "main attractions." Would recommend this resort to everyone. We will definitely return.

Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Best place in Mrytle Beach to stay! Nice and clean facility! Beds are soft and comfortable! Great atmosphere! Please check this resort out before making your decision to stay els where! Will be back soon to another great vacation!

New Jersey
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am writing this review from North Beach Plantation- currently still enjoying our vacation.
The North towers are beautiful. The location is convenient. Our condo is very well appointed and offers plenty of privacy, with 3 bedrooms well distributed with own bathrooms- there is plenty of room and privacy for everyone. We have taken advantage of a well stocked full kitchen (pots, pans, serving dishes, etc) and cooked most of our meals in. Nothing beats breakfast on the balcony with a great view of the ocean! I tried the spa and it is superb! I enjoyed a nice massage and the complimentary glass of wine to end my treatment.
There are reasons not to give a full 5 stars: check-in was horrendous. We got here around 2:30pm and knew check in was not until 4 so we were not upset about having to wait for the room. However, we had to stand in a long line to check in and then had to come back and stand in an even longer line to get our key. These lines were at the entrance of their sales and check in center and it was a huge fire hazzard. Entrance/Exits were blocked by the amount of people trying to check in plus the amount of people trying to get keys to their room. They had 2 clerks handling the key distribution for 185 check ins! Once we got the keys then we had to wait 45mins for a luggage cart and another 15-20 mins to get in the elevator.
The design of the towers is beautiful. However, you have all these people from the towers, the homes and the cottages converging in the middle with 5 very crowded pools. Not very appealing.
The wooden walk to the beach is super narrow so imagine the same amount of people trying to get to the beach...
I hope the check in situation is just a glitch. I may stay here again but not in the summer.

Room Tip: request the Indigo tower- the rooms face south and you get a nice view of the coastline
3 Thank MariaBNewJersey
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was our second trip to NBP - our first trip, we stayed in one of the townhomes. This year, we stayed in a 2 BR condo. Had a fantastic trip. Our condo was decorated very nice and was in good condition. We are pool people so of course we love the pool area. Haven't found another place in Myrtle with such nice pools. I was disappointed that the pools don't open until 9:00am. I like to get to the pool early and relax in a chair before it gets crazy busy. And yes, if you aren't there at 9:00, you won't get a chair. I couldn't believe how people run, yes I said run, for chairs. The beach area is nice, but it was difficult to get around all of the umbrellas/chairs. NBP lines them up with no room in between which makes it tough to get through to the ocean. We will be back next year!

2 Thank Debbie C
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I've been to many hotels and by far this one is the best! Loved the resort, the room and its just a place we will be coming back to every year! We usually go to OC MD and tried something different this year and I'm so glad I did!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Isklene
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The 2 bdrm room was beautiful in Jasmine facing ocean. Leaning people took our trash.
Beach is clean but so small at this time of year NBP puts a row of umbrellas across the front so close you can't even cut thru. Then there's only room for one other row as beach time is high tide. Get a chair at pool between 9-10 of you won't get one. Everyday! They take your coolers but they tell you they will. I have not seen them check bracelets ever and half the people I looked at don't have them. So if they did every hour it would send a message don't come here unless you have it. They never take your towel on chair and I saw four toweled saved
chairs in front of me and no one ever sat in them from 9-3:30pm.
Check in they need to improve it
But I did see that you get your key at different spot then the place you registrer, so that's improved and I had my key by 4:15. Cudos!. I challenge all of you after this to actually give them suggestions for
improvement not just complaints as we all know it's needed. Still very nice just manage what needs to be managed and it's a win win situation .

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Jebr2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
#4 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

Been to North Beach Plantation? Share your experiences!