“Patio was awesome”

Flying Fish Public Market & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bonz Restaurant Group's newest concept, Flying Fish Public Market & Grill, is located in Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. The newly renovated waterfront building located next to the Alabama Theatre features an assorted mix of local seafood, Lowcountry recipes and a raw bar with a wide variety of steamed shellfish and sushi. Flying Fish offers guests an additional and unique option for great casual dining on the water.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We got there at 5:30 on a Friday night and was immediately seated in the screened in patio area. Excellent quiet seats! Our waiter was helpful and friendly. Hush puppies were the best I have ever had. Would eat there again!

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Flying Fish Public Market & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for dining with us at the Flying Fish Public Market and Grill. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our ambiance and amazing hush puppies! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at this restaurant. The crab was great, some of the best I've had. The jumbo coconut shrimp was also very good, and we got a window seat with a beautiful view. The only problem was that some of the sides that come with the boil were not quite hot. They were well cooked though. That's the reason for the four stars. So, we didn't make a big deal of it. All in all, a very good meal. Be prepared to wait for your table. It's a very popular place. We waited about 50 minutes. It was worth it. My daughter and I walked around barefoot landing during that time. Would go here again.

Thank you for dining with us at the Flying Fish Public Market and Grill. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our fresh seafood and awesome service. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We ate here on vacation. We had a seat by the window near the waterfront. We had the hush puppies for an appetizer. They were the best my husband and I have ever had. We highly recommend them. I had the crab cakes. They were exceptional. My husband had the grouper in an herb sauce. He said it was wonderful. Our son ordered off of the kids menu and got a bacon cheeseburger. He is a cheeseburger expert :). We were too full to order dessert. We were very happy with the quick service. Our waiter was great. We will return here in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

A friend and I stopped at the Flying Fish for a quick dinner after spending the day at the outlets. We were quickly seated on the screened-in patio with a beautiful view of the water. There were many different fresh fish options for the day, and they guaranteed the fish had only been off the boat for a maximum of 48 hours. I had the salmon with mango salsa, and it was delicious. The sweet potato fries were also great! Service was courteous and quick, and the manager made a special point to drop by and see how everything was. I would definitely return to the Flying Fish on another trip to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We've being coming to Barefoot for many years but never ate at Flying Fish. We tried it this year and now sorry we have not visited sooner. Our meal and service was excellent. When we arrived, we were told that there was a 90 minute wait, but we could hang out near bar where all tables at that level were first come first serve. We were able to get a table within 5 minutes. Throughout the night, tables were available at the bar. I would highly recommend checking that out... do not sit in front waiting for name. I had the snapper prepared cajun style. It was prepared perfectly. My wife had the Shrimp and Grits that was excellent. The hush puppies that we ordered to start were a little dried out but still good.