“Would Not Stay Here Again!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Charleston, South Carolina
“Would Not Stay Here Again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because we wanted a room with a whirlpool. We stayed in room 307. From our first night, the internet would not work! I called the front desk and the woman told me that I could come down there and she could get me on the internet, but that she didn't know how to explain how to get on the internet. My husband was able to connect to the internet in the hallway, near the elevators. In order for my husband and I to get our internet devices to work we had to use them in the hallway or take them to breakfast with us. My blackberry, which I don't hardly use the internet on worked better than our netbooks and ipad. I asked the front desk clerk if we could changed to another room with a whirlpool that was closer to the internet space and the only other room that had a whirlpool had guests staying until the same day my husband and I were. I know to some people the internet may not be a big deal, but when my husband and I wanted to check on the activities we would be doing, we had to use our phones. My husband and I ended up staying in 307 because we were only going to be staying for a few days and we didn't want to downgrade to a room without the whirlpool, if it would have been longer than the two nights, we would have left.

The toilet was SO LOUD! I believe if a child would have been using that toilet, the child would have been scared to death that they would get sucked in. It scared me!

I believe something weird was happening with the air conditioner because when my husband would wake up in the mornings, there would be black stuff on his side of the bed. The day we left, the tv started blinking, as if it had stropelights in it.

Breakfast was good. The refrigerator worked. I didn't use the microwave. To be honest, I was scared to check the bed for anything. I didn't have anything crawl on me, but I'm a freak when it comes to worrying about what the housekeeping may or may not have cleaned, so I didn't submit myself to freaking out. From what I did see on the bed, it appeared clean, but you never know unless you look deeper into it. All in all, I wouldn't stay here again. I would rather stay at a hotel closer to Broadway at the Beach and I will do that next time. But if you're desperate or don't mind crappy internet, loud toilets, leaking air conditioners, crappy visual on the tv, go for it, but I won't. P.S. Happy New Year!!!

Room Tip: Stay in a room close to the internet box, otherwise you'll be in the hallway to get internet cov...
Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank H A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Phonixville PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

My wife and I couldn't have been happier with our stay there. Everything was clean and the people were so nice. We spent more on the rental of a Harley for two days than we did for our entire stay at the hotel. We visit friends in a near by town and this where we'll be staying fom now on.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

The value was nice but accessing the beach is not easy from this hotel. There are several other hotels around this one and it is on the main road in North Myrtle. I stayed in a king suite and it was very nice for my one night stay for a wedding. The staff was very friendly whenever I was in the lobby. The brakfast was nothing special, but included in the cost. I would stay again under similar circumstances but probably not for vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

I stayed here for two nights to attend a wake and funeral. It's a good location, place is very clean and staff is polite. In fact, when my taxi did not show up to take me to the funeral home (1 mile away), the front desk person promptly took me there herself, in her own car. I thought that was exceptionally professional and gracious.

Pros:
A) Very Clean, Bed was Comfortable, decent self-serve breakfast.
B) Appliances all worked: TV, Radio, Hair-Dryer, Coffee maker.
C) Prompt Check-in + Check-out process.
D) Good, Highway location.
E) Good Price

Cons:
A) There's 'no computer' for guest use, for those traveling without a personal laptop.
B) Pillows made me allergic. (supposed to be hypo-allergenic, but felt like foam chips)
C) Chairs in the room were Youth-Size!! Very odd.
D) No ceramic cups for those who choose not to drink out of styrofoam. (I took one of the ceramic holders for spoons, washed it and used it as a mug.)
E) Staff not really knowledgable about the area or of local services.

Considering the $55. room fee, I was satisfied in what it did offer for the price.

Room Tip: Check into AAA + AARP discounts available.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank EMSwan
Rockingham, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

The staff was friendly, room was clean. There was a smell in the hallways and elevators. The carpet needs to be replaced. I have had much cleaner rooms.

This hotel is OK if you just plan to stay one night and spend most of your time on the beach. It is right beside the K&W in North Myrtle Beach.

The pool is SMALL!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
south carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

This hotel was really nice. It had nice big fluffy beds.Breakfast was nice also. Even though we didnt get in the pool it looked very small however clean. Staff was nice also. Would stay again if in the North Myrtle Beach area....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Douglassville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

We want to find it by ourselves about good and bad reviews from the web. Yes, we stayed 6 nights and tried/intended on purpose to see if they do their job or not. We found out. The elevator floor of both sides are sticky from day one that we were there. Bed sheets were not changed daily. We pulled Electrical cords away from the wall, just to see if any one does vacuum the floor or not. Took a picture of the location. When we come back. They are still in the same location we left in the morning. Pillows and blanket on the couch are not fold and put away nice and neat, as we left. The air is heavy in the room, stale smell because of the rug is not clean and the moisture in the room is so high. My body is so sticky after you stay in a while with AC on. And the last was unacceptable when we come back from the trip of the day. Our room is unlock. We reported to the cooperate head quarter and complaint in writing......They took 2 nights off just to please us. The service desk is okay. This is our first time that I will not recommend to any one to stay there unless they over haul the cleanliness.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple