San-a-bel
Rodeway Inn(North Myrtle Beach)
US$79
RodewayInn
Avista Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$140
Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$114
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$131
The Prince Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$108
Beach Cove Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$160
US$189
US$167
Edgewater Inn(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$100
High Tide Motel(North Myrtle Beach)
US$112
Travelocity
Shore Crest Vacation Villas(North Myrtle Beach)
US$227
HotelQuickly
All reviewsloved the indoor poolhot tubocean frontoff seasonenjoyed our staycondo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed in unit 615 the last week in July and was not that impressed. Their beach has multiple storm drains that really hurt the beauty of the area and beach space available. The washer or fridge leaked water constantly and although most of the unit was nice had a very dated master bath. Parking is available but the spots are tight for large vehicles. The bar next door is loud and wild although it didn't bother me or mine may not be suitable for many families. I just prefer other areas of the beach and it seems this may be the more affordable region. Pictures are not really possible in this area and the beach is always busy here. This area is less for families and couples and more for the wilder crowd who aren't there for beautiful beach or relaxation but more for beer drinking and wild times. We will not stay here again nor will we stay in the area either.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brad M
ElliottRealty, Property Manager at San-a-bel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2014

Brad, Thank you for sharing your concerns about your stay. The City of North Myrtle Beach is working to improve the storm drains along our beaches by burying them and moving them further off-shore. There is a bar next door to San-A-Bel and we are sad to learn that it made your vacation less enjoyable. We would like to see you again, but we understand and hope that you enjoy your future vacations wherever you choose to stay. -Hilary Johnson, Guest Services

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I were excited about our beach trip and were pleased when we checked in, so easy, just go to the office on the property site and get the keys! However the more time we spent getting settled in, we realized the complimentary cleaning service was practically nonexistent. The owner of this nicely decorated unit would be appalled at the condition it was in when handed over to the next renter....mold in master shower, splattered toothpaste still on the bathroom mirror and in the sink, VERY FILTHY bedspread on the master bed--we took it off and used the queen-sized one from the other bedroom. The nice tiled floor throughout had not been swept in a while, crumbs were all over the floor and rug in the living area, and a LOT of sand was in the new sectional couch.

The unit is also adjacent to a Pub/restaurant that serves patrons on an outdoor patio right under our balcony and bedroom window and entertains until 2:00 am on the weekend and 3:00 am weekdays. We never would have rented this unit had we known this.

We appreciated the great remodeling job that has even done to the unit--it had the best stocked kitchen I've ever seen in a beach condo and had a lot of nice amenities. I loved the glider wicker chairs on the balcony! But unfortunately, Elliott Realty let us down preparing the place for our stay, and the location next to a pub will keep us from staying there again.

Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ann S
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I would like to start by saying that my family and I have stayed at the San-a-bel for the last three years and the onsite manager is very nice and quick responding. With that being said, this year was a bit of a disappointment in regards to our room. Every year we look so forward to coming down from Cincinnati to Myrtle Beach and this year was no exception. Arriving at the San-a-bel the onsite manager was quick, nice, and informative. So we headed up to our room and to say the least were a bit shocked and heartbroken. Elliott Realty did not post pictures of what room #610 really looks like, I don't know if they even know what it really looks like, if they did I would think they would be embarrassed to advertise this room. I understand that these rooms are privately owned but there should be health and safety standards that need to be met before renting out a property. Upon opening the door you are welcomed to the cracked and popped up flooring, dirty walls, doors, and floors and the previous occupant's hair everywhere. Walking farther into the room you see thick dust covering the tops of the walls and vents, pealing and dirty wallpaper, cracked and falling parts in the ceiling, fire detecters are not hooked up and wires are exposed, broken doorknobs. The first two hours of my vacation was spent sanitizing the room... cleaning toilets, tubs, showers, appliances, and removing tons of hair from the entire room. I did not take my shoes off for the entire time and used extra blankets to cover the stained and unappealing furniture so that we could sit. The only positive thing about this room is the oceanfront view and easy, quick access to the beach. Also the bed in the room closest to the front door is very unappealing. The box spring and mattress are stained and very old and the shower in this room has mold. The whole room is just very much in need of renovating. Its old, dirty, and outdated. I would highly recommend avoiding this room. While our first two years staying at the San-a-bel were great and the staff is always nice and helpful it seems as if your chances are 50/50 on getting a good, clean room. When we reserve a condo for our trip next year we will not be coming back to the San-a-bel.

Room Tip: Just avoid this room, #610.
2  Thank Kelda M

Update:
We appreciate the comments voiced by this guest. As an update to the review we have addressed the concerns regarding the condition of this unit. We appreciate and welcome all feedback regarding the rental properties on our program. These comments assist us in focusing on areas that require immediate attention, so future guests will not experience the same problems.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is a 2br, 2 bath unit. The layout of the condo is fine. Each bedroom has it own bathroom. Bedrooms & bathrooms are a little small, but suited 2 adults & 2 children fine. The building has an elevator, so - no hiking up and down stairs. The View... Spectacular! Private balcony. There are 3 tvs in the unit & all worked fine. We did have trouble with the dvd player in the living room, it would freeze up when trying to watch a movie. It does have a dishwasher, but we never used it. A small washer/dryer combo is included, but turned out to be a bit of an aggravation. If you didn't catch the washer at the right moment, it would go on to wash the load again...and again.

I wasn't a big fan of the lighting in the unit. The ceiling fan in the living room was very dim. There were A LOT of lamps... but I could never seem to get it quite bright enough for my liking.

A/C worked perfectly.

The indoor pool and hot tub were nice. I noticed there were a set of bathrooms by the pool area.

One major problem.... and I hate that it happened, cause I love Elliott R. & I'm sure I'll use them again.... but I will never rent another room from the San-a-Bel due to this. There were roaches in the kitchen area. They promptly sent an exterminator, but the next day...they were back. They seemed to wanna come out when we used the stove. We barely saw anything else in the following days. Probably the combination of the extermination & the fact that we quit using the stove. Hated to stop using it, because it is expensive to eat out for every meal. We had some food go to waste because of it.

Hope this helps someone!

2  Thank earlyriser77
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us. We strive to give the best that the Grand Strand has to offer in accommodations and we appreciate your business. We deeply regret any instances in which one of our units failed to meet the high standards of quality and hospitality that our guests deserve and expect. We have requested a thorough inspection of this unit to help us resolve any outstanding issues. Your comments have been invaluable to help us improve this unit and we hope that you were able to enjoy your vacation and all that this area has to offer. It is our wish for all of our guests to be happy and say nice things about us when you leave.

It is because of our loyal guests that Elliott Beach Rentals has been the front runner in vacation rentals in the Myrtle Beach area for over 50 years.

We sincerely thank you again. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to serve you and your family again.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

We have just returned home after staying at San A Bel North Myrtle Beach. We were in 614. The place was not cleaned before we arrived and on Wed. my grandson found one of those little barrel drinks under the couch. We did not have any of these so, it had to have been left by someone before us. I tried to mop the floor and the sponge mop in the unit was falling apart so I just put it back and said forget it. After all we were only there for a week, but, I for one do not like to walk on a floor and have the bottoms of my feet turn black from the nasty stuff. We did tell the on site person about the detergent door not working on the dishwasher but she acted as though she didn't care and said that as long as it cleaned the dishes she didn't think it mattered, because it's not something that can be fixed, the entire dishwasher would have to be replaced. I think that what it cost us alone should be more than enough to fix it. Will NOT stay here again. The entire trip was horrible, the rooms are wayyyy to small for what you pay....

Room Tip: Do not stay here, not worth your money.
2  Thank Connie B