“Front desk personnel”

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Reviewed 9 June 2014

On our first name there, I went to the front to ask for blankets. At home we use them all the time. I was asked why did I need them because we could just turn up the thermostat. If I wanted to do that, I would done so. The lady, sorry, the woman at the front desk was not a very friendly nor customer friendly. She should have just smiled and given me the blankets and asked to enjoy our stay.
That is the only complaint about the whole place. It was very clean and I'll stay there again even if the old bitty is still there.

I really want to give the hotel 5 stars but can't because of the front desk person. All the rest of the staff was great.

Room Tip: Did not use the spa.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Frank W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,328)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Check in was chaotic with too little help expediting things. The room, had not been properly cleaned, the balcony was littered with cigarette butts (non-smoking facitily), and for the price I expected much, much more. We had toured this large complex 2 years ago and were shown some rooms that were awesome. There are 3 towers in this complex and we were shown rooms in Tower 3. We were placed in Tower 1, and as we raised an inquiry about getting better accomodations in Tower 3, were we told there were only 7 rooms that were rented out in that entire facility......this is out of 18 floors with probably 10 - 15 rooms per floor. I understand the marketing aspect of this, but it is a bit deceiving. Tower 3 is the newer tower.

We spent our first hour cleaning this room, especially the floors and counter tops. I found the people at the front desk (not all of them) as generally apathetic and not in tune with making our experience there pleasurable. We chose to not allow housekeeping in our room for our 4 night stay, due to the lack of detail or pride in their work..........."aka" we didn't trust them.

We were asked to sign a "smoke free" document that was extending to the entire property, not just your room or balcony. With that agreement, you agreed to a fine of I believe it to be $250 and expulsion from the hotel. I made it a point to summons someone from the hotel to our room to witness first hand the cigarette butts on our balcony.......simply to cover my behind. It was not uncommon to see resort associates smoking on the property, abeit not inside. I don't get it!

The room, two bedroom, was a great lay-out, but we couldn't get past the cleanliness. Never again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bartman54
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Bay Watch Resort. We appreciate your feedback and have shared your concerns with our front desk staff as we always strive to provide the best possible guest service. We encourage guests to contact their rental company for any issues regarding the cleanliness of their room. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived June 6 2014. This was our first stay at Bay Watch Resort and I must say I am very pleased. The room was great and the staff was excellent and very very nice. I will definitely be booking another trip soon and would recommend Bay Watch Resort to anyone planning to visit North Myrtle Beach.

2  Thank Dowens921
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I love staying at Bay Watch.There's nothing I can say bad about my visits there.I go at least twice a year.The staff is wonderful and they make sure your stay is awesome!! You can ask my grandchildren where they want to stay and it's always Bay Watch!!

2  Thank cpatton56
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Location can't be beat! Great beachfront, clean facilities. Furniture needs replacement in the apartments sion, but they are still very nice apartments. The pools were not well monitored for adherence to the rules & the hot tubs were either too hot or cold. But overall this place had something for everyone & was kept clean & well maintained. Would definitely come back!

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a nice hotel to spend 1 night for my daughter's basketball tournament. I booked this hotel and upon arrival it took the front desk staff 35 minutes to check me in. When I returned later I wanted to valet my car but was told I needed to go inside and pay then bring out my receipt. Talk about a terrible system! It took 15 minutes to pay for the valet service because yet again the front desk staff had no clue what they were doing. Once I got to the room I was extremely disappointed. If I had been staying more then 1 night I would have left immediately but I figured 1 night wouldn't kill me...I hope! The room smells bad, the heat was on and the room just looks dirty.

1  Thank abaker2443
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bay Watch Resort. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our front desk and valet service. We have shared your concerns with these departments and are working hard to ensure that future guests do not have a similar experience. We do ask that any time a guest has an issue with their room, please call down to the front desk so that we may rectify the situation immediately. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Loved this place last time I was here, but so disappointed with my room this time. My family is here for a nine day vacation that we have been looking forward to. We rented a condo without housekeeping so we don't have different people in and out of our room. We have to clean ourselves, but I don't mind keeping things picked up. But what I do mind is no mop in condo for the floors, a very nasty broom, a refrigerator so off balance we had to put cardboard under it, a ice maker that does not make ice, a couch that is so dirty you have fears about sitting on it, a chair with rips in the cushions, a bathroom door that sticks and very poor lighting in the room. I think I will be looking for a new place to stay on our next trip and sure will never my last room was a one bedroom with nice furniture and great lighting, i dont think i will recommend this place again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bay Watch Resort. It seems as though you reserved your room through an offsite rental company. Oceana Resorts, the onsite property management company, offers weekly condo rental packages at Bay Watch that you may be interested in. Please visit BayWatchResort.com for more information on these packages.