Message from TripAdvisor:

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Short Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was extremely pleased wiith our overall experience at this wonderful place. Room was clean, my small kids loved all the amenities offered to us. My wife, who is not much of a hotel person, was very pleased will everything. We are already planning our next vacation there next year.

Room Tip: Kid Friendly
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tony D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here for the end of the year trip for GS Troop 517. It is older but not run down, it was clean, the bellhop and staff were very friendly and courteous. The room is older but not bad, nice flat screens, full kitchen, sleeps 8 with no problems. Great location on the beach, nice pools one pool has a lazy river. I would stay here again and recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tracy D
Canyon Lake
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

On our first name there, I went to the front to ask for blankets. At home we use them all the time. I was asked why did I need them because we could just turn up the thermostat. If I wanted to do that, I would done so. The lady, sorry, the woman at the front desk was not a very friendly nor customer friendly. She should have just smiled and given me the blankets and asked to enjoy our stay.
That is the only complaint about the whole place. It was very clean and I'll stay there again even if the old bitty is still there.

I really want to give the hotel 5 stars but can't because of the front desk person. All the rest of the staff was great.

Room Tip: Did not use the spa.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Frank W
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Check in was chaotic with too little help expediting things. The room, had not been properly cleaned, the balcony was littered with cigarette butts (non-smoking facitily), and for the price I expected much, much more. We had toured this large complex 2 years ago and were shown some rooms that were awesome. There are 3 towers in this complex and we were shown rooms in Tower 3. We were placed in Tower 1, and as we raised an inquiry about getting better accomodations in Tower 3, were we told there were only 7 rooms that were rented out in that entire facility......this is out of 18 floors with probably 10 - 15 rooms per floor. I understand the marketing aspect of this, but it is a bit deceiving. Tower 3 is the newer tower.

We spent our first hour cleaning this room, especially the floors and counter tops. I found the people at the front desk (not all of them) as generally apathetic and not in tune with making our experience there pleasurable. We chose to not allow housekeeping in our room for our 4 night stay, due to the lack of detail or pride in their work..........."aka" we didn't trust them.

We were asked to sign a "smoke free" document that was extending to the entire property, not just your room or balcony. With that agreement, you agreed to a fine of I believe it to be $250 and expulsion from the hotel. I made it a point to summons someone from the hotel to our room to witness first hand the cigarette butts on our balcony.......simply to cover my behind. It was not uncommon to see resort associates smoking on the property, abeit not inside. I don't get it!

The room, two bedroom, was a great lay-out, but we couldn't get past the cleanliness. Never again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bartman54
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Bay Watch Resort. We appreciate your feedback and have shared your concerns with our front desk staff as we always strive to provide the best possible guest service. We encourage guests to contact their rental company for any issues regarding the cleanliness of their room. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Lincolnton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived June 6 2014. This was our first stay at Bay Watch Resort and I must say I am very pleased. The room was great and the staff was excellent and very very nice. I will definitely be booking another trip soon and would recommend Bay Watch Resort to anyone planning to visit North Myrtle Beach.

2 Thank Dowens921
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I love staying at Bay Watch.There's nothing I can say bad about my visits there.I go at least twice a year.The staff is wonderful and they make sure your stay is awesome!! You can ask my grandchildren where they want to stay and it's always Bay Watch!!

2 Thank cpatton56
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Location can't be beat! Great beachfront, clean facilities. Furniture needs replacement in the apartments sion, but they are still very nice apartments. The pools were not well monitored for adherence to the rules & the hot tubs were either too hot or cold. But overall this place had something for everyone & was kept clean & well maintained. Would definitely come back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,156 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,543 reviews

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!