“Nice place to stay with lazy river”

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed back in March 2014. We had an ocenfront unit. The beds were comfortable. The linens were standard. I did not personally like the couch as it was vinyl vs cloth or leather. One of the outdoor lazy rivers is heated. The outdoor pool is not heated and was closed. This was not advertised to me prior to the stay. There was an indoor pool and an indoor heated lazy river. The kids enjoyed this. They do provide towels for the pool which are located at the front desk. Parking was to the side of the building but there were spaces to pull up and unload the luggage at the door of the building. Beach access is right in front of the pool area. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MelWalk
Write a ReviewReviews (2,322)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great beach access. The pools are usually very clean. Located minutes from putt putt, barefoot landing, and numerous beach shops. Only complaint is that the very slippery tile floors were constantly covered in puddles and the parking garage spaces are very tight. We have stayed here 3 times.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our stay at Bay Watch Resort was awesome. Our 1 bedroom was nicely decorated and comfortable. The front desk staff and cleaning staff was friendly and cheerful. The outside and inside bar staff not so much. Each bartender we were in contact with acted like they hated their job. That however was the only downside of this awesome stay.

Room Tip: We had room 831 Ocean View it had a private entrance which helped with the noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was our second time at Bay Watch and we really love this resort. We will definitely be back! This was our first time having 2 BR & 2 Bath and we loved it - totally worth the extra money. We were on the 15th floor which is a beautiful view. The elevators take a little time but it was fine. The condo was very clean and the property is well maintained. I can honestly say it's the cleanest resort we've been to in MB. We had breakfast at the Blue Room and it was very good. Had drinks at Fish Tails pool bar and it was a lot of fun and the drinks were good (but pricey). My only bad comment is the couch in our condo was pretty broken down - it was actually uncomfortable to sit on. Definitely needs replaced.

Room Tip: I do recommend bringing your own teflon pan - the condo only has stainless steel which is difficult...
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Based on the pink and aqua, I thought this was going to be a "decent" ocean front hotel where I was not able to afford an ocean view but would muddle through because it was a decent price. I would simply settle for a view of a building (as the reservation operator told me) at a very affordable price so that my friend and I could walk out the door to the beach. Little did I know that Bay Watch would exceed my expectations. Yes, there is Miami Vice pink and yellow and aqua. But the room was astonishingly clean, and I actually had a beautiful view of the ocean which I was not expecting at all from my "end" room on the 17th floor. I have stayed in many older places--this was not one of those. Despite its vintage appearance, the room had a sizeable updated bathroom, no funky smells, and an amazing double-sided sliding (updated) door. I could hear the beautiful roar of the ocean on the patio, but silence inside the room. Except for the water-stained coffee pot which had obviously not been cleaned, the room was extremely clean, extremely quiet--and the view (albeit limited) of the ocean which I was not expecting was extraordinary. The check-in and check-out service was also excellent--efficient, polite, helpful. I was told that I would receive an extra AAA discount when I arrived and that was absolutely the case. No surprises except for the cleanliness and the beautiful "side" ocean view. Oh--and the 3.00 price tag for an egg and toast (on the beach-front restaurant) was also an astonishing bargain. I cannot wait to take my family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank smh1226
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a great vacation spot for families. Adults and children have fun alike.Clean rooms, friendly staff. The daily activities for children are fun, they include beach walks, pool volley ball, and tie dye shirts. The fun entertainment at the Fishtail bar is great, just needs more of a variety of music, reggae would be nice! The indoor pools were really cold; it would be great if they were heated, because they were colder than the one's outside even at night time, the ones outside were way warmer than the indoor pools. The indoor pools also need more lighting, kind of dark and creepy in the South Tower.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are spectacular! I find the doors shutting in the morning to be a little noisy,
1  Thank Angela B
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Been to MB many times but this was our first stay at Bay Watch. The facilities were very nice, the folks at the front desk were very pleasant as was all the help around the pools. They try to manage the 'reserving' of lounge chairs but that is a battle no one can win. They offer beach towels galore and even umbrellas to rent for a very small fee. The negatives: the 1 bedroom ocean front we rented had the barest of furnishing. - one couch & one chair, 3 chairs around the dining table (and only 3 forks). Sounds ok but not for a party of 8 which this room accommodated. The lighting in this room was very poor - difficult to read in the evenings. Also, more hooks or towel racks in the bathroom would be helpful. With one towel rack, there is no where to hang wet bath suits or towels. The garage- very tight getting in and out but thankful it was indoor parking.

1  Thank Renee C