“Lots and lots of water!”

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our family of four just returned from a week long vacation at Bay Watch Resort. Since this property sits at the end of Ocean Blvd in North Myrtle Beach, it has wonderful beach front access. There are no hotels located to the right of it, making it easier for beach goers to spread out and have lots of room. There are many bodies of water on the property: lazy river, lots of hot tubs, and multiple indoor and outdoor pools. It was very easy for us to find a location with just a few swimmers. The elevators worked quickly, which was great considering that we stayed on the 15th floor. Even check in/out was a breeze, despite the fact that it was the middle of tourist season. The only real complaint that I have was the dated decor. While everything was clean, and in relatively decent working order, the rooms could definitely stand to be updated. Despite the dated decor, we will likely stay there again next year; the amenities are just too good to pass up.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,328)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The location was convenient. Directly on the beach. There was plenty pools to enjoy inside and outside, no matter what your preferences was. The rooms were nice sizes. I honestly have no complaints. The only suggestion I would make to the hotel is, putting AC on the elevators. Other than that, I will be back because this hotel provided just what I expected from the website and I was not disappointed. I have a family of 5 and we were comfortable in the one bedroom with the double beds and a living room with a sleeper sofa and murphy bed.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a wonderful time. We brought our 13 year old grandson, who didn't want to go on a beach vacation. The daily activities were wonderful. He had a blast & made new friends. Some of the activities offered were beach walks & beach soccer, balloon toss, surfing & pool activities.

2  Thank Ratemyvacation3014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a great time in Myrtle Beach. From Tennessee so usually go to gulf of Mexico.My kids are in school in South Carolina so decided to check it out. It was Great. Lots to do. Very Clean. Everyone was so nice. Great place to visit. Will come again.BayWatch Resort is Fabulous.

2  Thank nettobean
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I booked only 1 night, because it was a last minute trip and I was concerned about the costs. When we arrived Baywatch Resort and every employee exceeded my expectations!!! It was perfect, from the view we had - Amazing - even from a "non ocean front" room!!!! Everyone was professional and courteous, it was very clean, organized and customer service was definitely a top priority as they treated us as if we had booked a week in the penthouse :)
We were so happy with the resort that I booked an additional night ~ the childrens activities were a great surprise, the food drinks and services were above and beyond. Additionally, as a mother of young children - to not have to leave the property and to feel so comfortable the entire time was priceless. I highly recommend Baywatch Resort to anyone.

2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We had a good time but being that it was the July fourth weekend it was under staff. The house keeping service was terrible came to clean bare minimum had to wait for towels to be wash to get clean ones then when they bought you ones it was never enough again could of been cause of fourth of July holiday. But must give it to them the extra water park even though was over a 40 min ride. Was a plus

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tyrone A
Reviewed 15 July 2014

While it had a balcony view and tons of swimming opportunity for us I don't think it was up to the standards advertised. Upon arrival I called to switch rooms. Not only were we directly off the elevator but right outside the ice machine. This area should be for storage or as part of a suite set up. We had a hallway window that looks at the ice machine. The room location sucks. No rooms like ours available so we stuck it out. They said call the next day. Anyone with kids knows the hassle of relocating rooms once everyone has unpacked. Mornings were almost unbearable with noise levels. Our room was a king suite. On the website it states there are different layouts. We had one of those layouts. You walked into the bedroom area not into a hallway as the website shows for a king suite.

The room had no broom but did have a dust pan. I found that odd.

The kitchen was well stocked with dishes and pans and a wonderful addition to the room. I thought the dishwasher was great until I used it and water shot all over the kitchen.

I was disappointed that a request to be by a family we were traveling with wasn't fulfilled. I have a hard time believing that we couldn't of been moved. Three towers and not one room that we could of been moved to?

For a 5 night stay of over $1000 I expected a lot more. Did we have a beach front view? Yes. I would have also liked to know that the bar was directly below our balcony and opened until 11 every night. It was enjoyable to have the music some nights but some got to be a little too much and took away from the relaxing wave noise.

The parking garage was a great addition but since the arm on it was broken there were many cars inside that were surely not staying at that resort.

The free wifi wasn't enough for such a large hotel. Worked once in a while but not consistently.

Thank you to your staff for being very accommodating to any requests. Betty was a pleasure when we checked in. The bell men were quick and got things up and down the floors to the car quickly. I explained many of the issues upon check out and the front desk associate took notes on the maintenance problems but not on much else. I sent an email to the hotel to express my concern. They forwarded it on but no-one contacted me. I see it as they got their money and too bad for me now.

Room Tip: My tip is choose another hotel but if you have to stay here request the middle tower. We were on th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lori F
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your recent stay at Bay Watch. Our security, managers and staff constantly work to enforce our no smoking policy and when we alerted to the fact people are smoking on balconies we respond immediately. As a non smoker, I wish we could do more but for now warnings, fines and evictions are the best we can do.

We work to please all our guests and I’m sorry we did not exceed your expectations. With the high occupancy this time of the year sometimes we just cannot relocate rooms. We manage our bar so as not to disturb guests and hopefully our entertainment is good enough to be a positive.

Our parking garage is constantly monitored by security and although there may be a car or two that sneaks in, I can assure you there have been more than one or two that have been taken to other locations by our local tow company.

I wish you had found your stay more enjoyable because we feel we have a great place that offers a great relaxing vacation. I will address your concerns further to ensure the best stay possible for all.

Alan Peterson