“Great beach vacation”

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My family just vacationed here for a couple of days and had a wonderful time! Our room was great, we had a one bedroom and our condo was very roomy for my husband, 2 small boys and myself. We really enjoyed the activities for the kids daily. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,328)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked 2 rooms last month for a family reunion, hotel was nice, right on the beach. I found everything to be nice, I would definitley recommend to others, and will probably stay there again with family

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This place is a mess. Here's what happened: it started the moment I arrived. Parking for check in is unreasonable and too tight even to maneuver in the lot with a normal sized car. I was the only person waiting to check in. I stood in front of the desk clerk who was fiddling on the computer. She never looked up or acknowledged me. When I said something to her, she said she would be able to help me in a minute. Finally, another clerk helped. Hotel parking is in a deck across the street. The room was clean enough except there was a dangerously wet area on the kitchen area floor that remained wet the whole time I was here. You had to walk over it to get to the livingroom. I called the desk. They couldn't move me to another room. A maintenance person never came. I put a towel over it so I wouldn't slip and fall. The carpets felt damp to my bare feet. After that I never went barefoot in the room. Loud music played at the pool until after 11. The hotel shines light on the beach after dark. Now that's real friendly for sea turtles, if you know anything about them. At 11:30 after the music had stopped I tried to go to bed. There were teenagers on the balcony walkway right outside my bedroom window talking. I politely went out and asked them if the could move their conversation elsewhere because I could hear everything they were saying. They ignored me and remained. After another 10 minutes I called the desk. The person said they would do something about it. A half hour later the kids were still talking. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. Not only will I never stay here again, I'm suggesting you don't stay here either. I don't normally write scathing reviews, but this is the worst place I've stayed since I've been writing them.

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Very pleasant front desk staff. I had a two bedroom king suite and was pretty satisfied with the room. The king bedroom was roomy, the 2nd bedroom with the queen bed was smaller then I expected but overall it's a nice size suite and the beds were comfy The ocean view was spectacular and there is a good number of pools and Jacuzzi's. The kids had fun, the adults had fun. My only complaints would be the bartender on duty 8/3 who was rude towards my 26 yr old daughter and her boyfriend. They waited their turn to be waited on but then other people walked up and the bartender started waiting on them instead so my daughter says 'okay' then the people who just walked up said oh they were here 1st and the bartender rudely says 'well they should've spoken up.' Truly unnecessary so she did get a tip, well heck she charged $47 for 3 darn drinks anyway. The other thing I would say is the elevators are very hot and humid. Otherwise I enjoyed my stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom, ocean front. It was very nice, we just had neighbors with a screaming baby. Great beach access, the pools and the lazy river were nice also, as the kids stayed in them all day long. We booked the room through Oceana Resorts website and had no problems getting in ahead of schedule and the room was clean. The staff was very nice and helpful as well. Depending on what great values I can find, we would stay here again. I would just get more than one bedroom next time and hope the neighbors don't have a screaming baby at 3 AM! The walls were a little thin, that would be my only real complaint besides not being able to see the sunrise or sunset from the bedroom.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here with the inlaws, 8 people total in 1 condo and had no trouble with the room. The beach was beautiful and well kept, as were the pools (both outdoor and indoor). The condo had everything we needed to live for a week. Overall everyone had a great time here.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom condo and it was nice. Plenty of room for the four of us. The pools were great. It was clean and the staff was very helpful! Great access to the beach and ocean. First time we stayed in North Myrtle Beach and enjoyed every minute of it! Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed inTower one and it was very nice! The more quiet end of the resort.