“Nasty, Bugs, Diryy Carpet, Cat Lived there” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barefoot Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Myrtle Beach
Barefoot Resort
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nasty, Bugs, Diryy Carpet, Cat Lived there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I rented this palace in Barefoot Resort, it was in Iron Wood, I rented it through beach vacations, We checked in Friday night, 08/30/12 after midnight, This place was so dirty the carpet had so many dirty stains, and spots, The carpet was ripped and coming up from the floor, A cat ran out when we open the door!!, Also on the deck, the carpet was nasty and stained it looked like a huge blood stain and the wall paper is peeling off the walls, This place is not fit for humans, I guess that is why a cat was living there. I told Them they should be ashame to rent such a bad property. They didn't care nor they show any concern for me or my family, I have allegries, I am allegic to cats., I did try and called but it says call for emeregencies, and this was not listed at one. The next morning I went to the office, and told them about the room, They still charged me for that night, Although I didn't stay there I was pissed!! They offer to call someone to clean the carpet, They need to redo the entire place, Okay this was a holiday plus They need to rip this carpet up, and The tv looked older than me, large tube tv. I would not recommend anyone stay here or rent from them They don't take care of the properties!! They will rent you anything & they have the nerve to charge you a deposit to cover any damages!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank prettylady27610

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

WOW! Can I say anymore? Last year while attending the 19th hole at the World Amateur Golf tournament I won a 2 night stay for 4 at a golf villa (plus 2 rounds of golf for 4) at Barefoot. I was contacted and through the year we planned when we were returning to Myrtle to use this.

We were there last week, just before the World Am started it's 30th season. 947 Edgewater is the property we stayed at. Clean, serene, peaceful. You can sit on the leather sofa and watch boats go by on the intercoastal, while watching tv, and without turning your head, keep up with the next rounds approach shot at the 14th green on the Norman course. This villa was absolutely one of the most beautiful surroundings I have ever stayed at.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. The executive lounge and pool was enjoyable as well. Would definitely recommend and stay at the Barefoot again in the future!

Room Tip: This was a 4th floor villa. Elevated so you can see and hear what is going on but not be bothered by...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gidget016
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Our reservations was for Aug 10-15. Well nice area and not so clean house. The carpet was dirty I thought that who ever cleans the houses suppose to vacuum the floors when I vacuum the canister was about full with dirt,
spots on carpet, bathroom shower curtains had mildew,and some of the appliances were broken that we could not use them. We all know its really Hot in August heat index in the hundreds inside the house we could not put thermostat below 72 and the inside was about 76-77 only cooled off later when the sun was going down and after we were in bed. Thank you for the hospitality but never again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ferreal45
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Not sure who to contact so I thought this would be best. I booked through rooms101.com thought I was staying at the Barefoot Resort. It ended up being a apartment behind the resort called arbor trace in the barefoot community. I stayed in building 9 apt 922. The unit was clean but it did not have towels and the pull out sofa mattress was nasty. Everything else was really clean. Housekeeping bought towels and she and the towels smelled like cigarette smoke. The only pool was outdoor s and it rained all weekend so the kids didn't get to swim. We were so disappointed. Rooms101.com and parkway marketing are using the barefoot resort name to lure people in. I drove 3.5 hrs and my kids stayed in an apartment not a resort and did not even get to swim.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank partymommie
Wixom, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We just returned from a four night stay. The grounds are well kept, pool in the Havens was clean and the location was good. Overall we were happy with the condo, just a few things I considered minor irritants-the well stocked kitchen isn't really unless you are only cooking for two or three people. I suggest bringing extra frying pans and if you plan to do any baking, bring your own pans and mixing bowls. We were celebrating a birthday and had to go buy something to bake in. The condo was comfortable for six people, the sofa bed wasn't the most comfortable but most aren't. It did appear the cleaning crew forgot to check it because we opened it to find a sheet already on the bed and had what looked like chocolate stains at the head of the bed on it and choc wrappers. The back cushion of the chair in the living room is ripped and being held together with safety pins that don't stay closed. The beds were pretty comfortable and the bathrooms were clean, the carpeting could stand to be cleaned though. Again, overall we were happy with the condo and the location, the things mentioned were minor irritants to us. Loved not having to go anywhere to check in and using the lockbox method for the key.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michele M
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Our first time at Myrtle Beach was a success, mostly because we stayed at Barefoot Resort, the Edgewater section. We had no idea of how many people go to Myrtle Beach. It was such a relief to be out of the traffic and congestion when it was time to get some rest.

Room Tip: Try to find a condo by RBO.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Geno2013
Burlington, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We reserved on short notice and because it was a good deal. While waiting for our room to be ready, I waited in the lobby of the rental agency. The people working behind the desk were talking about the customers as soon as they left the room, right in front of me! When they finally said our villa was ready, we grabbed the keys and drove over to the resort. I was immediately disappointed. The word "villa" means small house. These are basically apartment buildings with three levels and no elevators. Of course ours was on the top level and we had to drag 5 people's worth of luggage up the stairs. Then we found the housekeepers still cleaning the place! I called the rental agency and they said, "Well usually they don't call us until after they are finished." No sorry or anything! We waited about 10 minutes for them to finish. After walking inside we noticed that it did look nice but later found some problems. The housekeepers never unloaded the dishwasher when they "cleaned" the house. All the furniture was white wood and you could very easily see that it needed a very good dusting. The balcony had a view of another apartment building and a man made pond with a fountain. You would also expect to have premium cable channels and WiFi but this place had neither. I could do better at a Motel 6! This place is out of the way from all the fun places and the beach. The pool was nice. We stayed for 2 nights and then left to stay at another hotel on the beach which was the same price but more luxurious then this place. I will never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: If you stay here, ask which floor your room will be on before you go there.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Tamara E
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#4 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,138 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,358 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,498 reviews

Been to Barefoot Resort? Share your experiences!