“Booking dot WOW !!”
Review of Barefoot Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Myrtle Beach
Barefoot Resort
Uniontown, Ohio, United States
“Booking dot WOW !!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Awesome place would go back anytime! The best room we have ever booked, go no place else ! Its not on the beach but very close no more than 5 minutes away, and you are away from all the craziness of Myrtle Beach but within a 15 minute drive of all the fun!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mark-Renee Z
Barefoot V, Manager at Barefoot Resort, responded to this review, 26 March 2015
Thanks so much for the great review! Helping guests experience a fun-filled and memorable vacation is what drives us, and we hope to provide you with great accommodations again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Ironwood at the Barefoot Resort condos for 3 nights with buddies for a golf getaway. Barefoot condos are a perfect spot to park it at the end of the day. The resort is close to the action but not too close.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Jacksonville, Nc
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Perfect location to House of Blues and all the shopping of Tanger Outlets, Barefoot Landing Shopping and Dining. 1311 Ironwood is a beautiful condo on the first floor with golf and beach decor. The tiled patio offers a private and peaceful retreat. The first condo is walking distance to the pool and beach shuttle stop. The condo itself is clean, nicely decorate and perfect for a Myrtle Beach getaway. I was pleasantly surprised with the condo and the first floor condo exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend 1311 Ironwood.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Lisa B
Prince George, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed there for a week in July 2013, it took 3 days to get the room cleaned( after repeated complaints to hotel management). The staff were only cleaning the rooms being vacated by guest, so they could be rented. I will never stay there again. They just didn't seem to care about the guest.

Room Tip: Make sure you request to have your room cleaned and clean towels by 5:00 am and watch for the maids...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Terry B
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Our first surprise was at check-in when we found out we had to pay a $100 deposit to be held for SEVEN DAYS! I didn't have my confirmation itself with me, but I had the confirmation #. The clerk said I had booked through Hotwire. I called Hotwire and they didn't have a record. I got home and found out I had actually booked through Expedia. The manager was rude when I asked to see my confirmation and wouldn't allow me access to a computer so I could pull it up. I had asked for two queen beds and received one king instead, and we ran out of toilet paper on our two-day stay!!! The condos are wayyyyyyyyy down a side road and very hard to find. My sister called a few days ahead to confirm that we had two queen beds. She was assured that we did, but as I said, we got one king bed instead. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank BeyondDissatisfied
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 October 2013

For our main vacation this year, I searched Interval's Getaway program for a beach vacation within driving distance. (We've been to Florida the past two years, so wanted somewhere else). The Barefoot Resort in North Myrtle Beach worked out best for price and dates, so I decided to give it a try. I had been through Myrtle Beach a number of years ago, and it struck my as very commercial and kind of tacky. But I have heard better things about North Myrtle Beach, so I figured that it was worth a try.
On pulling up, I was a bit disappointed upon realizing how far from the beach we were – about a 2 mile drive at the closest. The Barefoot Resort in North Myrtle Beach is a golf resort built on the west side of the Intercoastal Waterway. There are a series of condominium and villa complexes built around the Greg Norman designed course. Needless to say, all of the grounds are nicely landscaped and well-maintained.
We stayed in the River Crossing development – a complex of 12 3-story buildings with 15 condominium units each. According to the informational packet, our unit was primarily rental, but many of the other units were owned either in whole or by timeshare. Each development area has its own pool. There is no elevator in any of the buildings and we had a second-floor unit (so it's kind of a hassle hauling up luggage and groceries upstairs). Our unit was simply, though tastefully decorated, with a beachy theme. The finishings were serviceable though kind of on the cheap side, particularly in the kitchen. The unit was nicely furnished, although some items had seen better days. (The plastic chairs on the deck were in rough shape, and the lining of one of the table lamps was torn. The two TVs in the unit were older, tube-types, but they worked fine. And there was a washer/dryer in the unit which came in handy. In addition, the unit was quite spacious. Although we weren't near the beach, the deck overlooked a beautifully landscaped pond, and there were plenty of walking areas on the grounds.
As I said, I was a bit disappointed when I first arrived, and the development and unit seems kind of generic. But as the week went on, the place grew on me. If I was a golfer, I suppose I would love it. And in fairness, it was a quiet area well away from the tackier parts of Myrtle Beach. So considering the price, we were okay with the less than ideal location. While I personally cannot endorse the place unequivocally, it is nice for what it is and it may suit others tastes much better.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
14 Thank appellatereview
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We booked a 3 bedroom Villa. We checked in at the location provided and were pleasantly surprised that we were staying in a townhouse not a condo. Loved the location on the golf course. The townhouse was well maintained and clean. It had loads of room for the 5 adults in our party. Kitchen was well equipped. We enjoyed our stay. The only thing I would say was not pleasant was the king size bed which was really two twin matresses put together, so a gap in the middle made them even more uncomfortable than the lumpy hard matresses. Also, and this was a major thing for me - the sheets were absolutely horrific. Felt like burlap sacks - rough and stiff. Please upgrade the linens!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you have to drive to the beach but off-season that is ok since there is usually somewhere to park at the beach. Close to the House of Blues and many other attractions / restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank lizardqueen27
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,182 reviews
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,440 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Dayton House Resort
Dayton House Resort
#27 of 208 in Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,752 reviews

Been to Barefoot Resort? Share your experiences!