“Bad and Inconvenience”

Ranked #40 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Cary, North Carolina
“Bad and Inconvenience”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Book the hotel for 4 days;my charger disappeared then the room was not clean when
we got back in the evening after complaining the charger was missing. Manager express no concern about the whole situation and no apology granted. Specially, for the money spent! I will not recommend this particular hotel to anyone at all....Sorry :(

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Mimi227

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Enfield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Nice tidy hotel with clean, quiet rooms and great staff. For a place to hang your hat and get some rest, it fit the bill. Only minor detail was that it took a bit to get the hot water going in shower, but
it was very minor. Overall, I would definitely stay here again. The price was great, have paid more and stayed in some crappy locations in Myrtle Beach, so this hotel was fine with me.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Kat O
ORANGE PARK
Reviewed 7 June 2013

first off we reserved 2 rooms for 2 nights , room 119, hand basin, tub, & toliet stopped up , OK, grandson & girl friend had rm. 111 , I called him, he went to desk , they moved them to rm. 205 , cig. smell, they do not smoke , & moved me into rm.111, window did not lock , carpet dirty , filty all over . So needless to they wanted to charge me 149.00 for next night , now the problem was I paid for first night which was 50.00 & was going to use my L Q points for second night , well that was not good enought for this so called DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS , MIKE MISHRA , he used my points for cheap night & when grandson went down & checked to make sure we was booked for second night they told him it would cost us for that night , no way , well sorry we are over booked by 2 rooms , grandson came & got me , I have a bad breathing problem had an attact , even worst after I talked to this D - O- O , which was a complete CRAP head , said he could put us in one room , so now they took my points & also charged my credit card , we checked out but that one night & next morning was pure H will not & do not recomend this place even to my worst enemy . f. Never had this kind of problem before with any L Q , AL. FL. MS.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank DOROTHY E

Travellers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2013

At first glance the hotel is tidy, but our first room was steaming hot when we entered and smelled of smoke (it was a non-smoking room). We were moved to a second room because our television would not work, but in our second room the microwave would not work. As I proceeded to get breakfast this morning the lobby was full of people complaining of things that didn't work. One room was flooded with water. All in all the La Quinta Inn's service was good but it needs to be updated. I will not stay here again. For the price, I could have found an oceanfront property right on the beach. If you are looking for a hotel kind of close to Myrtle Beach, the pavilion, etc. because of the price it is too far away.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeni-ah J
North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were looking forward to a relaxing Memorial Weekend away and this was the only hotel with a room available, so we took it. The first night was awful. We did not realize it was Black Biker Weekend. Our room was on the main level right near the pool. That is also where the bikers congregated at night to rev their motors and smoke and talk. We went to the desk the next morning and they moved us to the 5th floor. It was much quieter up there. The water pressure was better, too - first room had trouble with hot water, but the new room had no problem. The room was larger and a bit nicer than the one we had. The hotel is aging but it was clean. The staff tried very hard to accommodate us at such a very busy time. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room on the main floor - people gather in front of those rooms to talk and smoke at...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
charleston
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at La Quinta last week and couldn't have been more pleased. It is directly across the street from Broadway on The Beach and about 1.5 miles to the beach. The staff was very helpful when asking directions and the room was clean and quiet. This is important to me as the boardwalk was crazy and loud as it was bikers week. It seems that every weekend in Myrtle Beach is biker week. If you are looking for a nice hotel, reasonably priced, away from the boardwalk (but not too far) this is an excellent choice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family