“Quiet Vacation”

Sunrise Pointe Condominiums
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed May 17th to 31st 2014 in 8A at Sunrise Pointe. It is a very nice condo, very roomy and quiet. Rented through Elliott. Good communication leading up to the trip, super easy check in and check out. The condo was very nice and quite clean except for the kitchen. The outside of the cabinets were pretty dirty, I cleaned them myself and washed every single dish. Couldn't trust the dishes to be clean if the cabinets weren't. I did not complain to Elliott, easier to do it myself. Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, really nice balcony. End unit so you can see up and down the beach both ways, Comfy beds. No noise whatsoever from the hallways or the unit above. Vacuum, washer and dryer, blender, mostly everything we needed. Not a big cooking pot though. In a condo to sleep ten people (we were only 6) there should be a big enough pot to cook a meal for ten. Bring your own bath towels even thought they are included from Elliott. Rough as sandpaper and pretty uncomfortable on a bit of a sunburn. The complex is nicely maintained, pool and public areas always clean. We happened to be there during Black Bike Week (Atlantic Bike Fest) over Memorial Day Weekend. Motorcycle clubs staying en masse at many single properties. Sunrise Pointe is far away from the crowds and does not allow motorcycles on the property but it was still a little sketchy driving back and forth in the evenings along Ocean Blvd. It would not deter us from going during that weekend again but only because Sunrise Pointe is so far North of all the action. This is the perfect place to stay if you want an uncrowded clean beach and plan to cook in your unit. You have to drive to get anywhere at all. We have stayed in North Myrtle Beach before and this was exactly what we wanted. I would stay here again and would recommend it for anyone looking for a relaxing week at the beach. If you are budgeting, do your shopping at Costco, not even five minutes from the airport. Cheapest liquor in town but beer is cheaper at Walmart. Sunrise Points is about 35 minutes from the airport.

Room Tip: 8A was really nicely decorated. My sister was in 11D and the decor was really over-the-top nautical...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dpmariani
ElliottRealty, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Pointe Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

dpmariani,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your time at Sunrise Pointe! We think that 8A is a wonderful condo and the view is certainly one of the best on the beach. Thank you for your suggestion for a new larger cooking pot for the kitchen, we will definitely let the homeowner know. Also, thank you for your suggestion regarding the towels. We hope to see your family again soon.

Hilary Johnson
Guest Services
Elliott Beach Rentals

There are newer reviews for Sunrise Pointe Condominiums

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Last fall was at first time at Sunrise Pointe Condominiums and we loved it. We had rented unit 12G through Elliott rentals and the unit was very clean upon arrival. All clean linens were waiting for us when we got there. It was October so the beach itself was not very crowded which is the way I like it. Parking is directed under the building and enough spaces for all units. My son would have prefer the fishing pier to be closer but it was within walking distance or a short ride in your car. The lazy river was very small but with the beach right there who cares:) I am looking to go back this year with my grown children and grandchild but may check out another unit. I do however highly recommend 12G and Elliott rentals.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ElliottRealty, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Pointe Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dolores C.,

We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Sunrise Pointe. We love the pier and the Cherry Grove area too! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you and your family again soon for another wonderful vacation!

Hilary Johnson
Guest Relations Manager
Elliott Beach Rentals

Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at Sunrise Pointe. Book through Century 21 Thomas not Elliot. We used Century 21 our first and third times and had great condos. When we booked with Elliot our condo was not so nice.

This time we stayed in 4G. Very well maintained,clean, with hardwood floors throughout. Comfortable beds and furnishings and supplied with everything you need for a weeks stay. Century 21 supplies you with toilet paper and paper towels and a few other things to get you week started. Nice touch.

As far as the grounds, there are two pools, 1 indoor and 1 outside, neither huge but nice. There is a small lazy river and small hot tub but with the ocean 50 yard away, I would rather be on the beach.

If you are looking for the true resort experience than look elsewhere, but if your looking for a quieter place this is a great place and area to stay.

Room Tip: Book through Century 21 Thomas. They seem to have the better quality condos as compared to Elliot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank carmelo15
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I had to write when I ran across the negative review about unit 4D at Sunrise Pointe. We have stayed there 3 times and love the beautifully furnished condo.All the appliances worked perfectly. It was always clean. The owners put a note on top of the comment book telling us if the room was not cleaned to our standards to ask Elliott for a recleaning. We have never had to do that.
Yes, there is a cat run but someone told us that owners are allowed to have pets.

The living room has hardwood floors with custom wool rugs. The kitchen has stainless steel upgraded appliances. We love the jet tub in the master bath.

I always bring my mother and she loves the balcony and having her own bathroom .Love this unit!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank corvairmorgan
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Rented our condo through Elliot Realty. It was really dirty. It simply had not been cleaned. Even worse was that it was just lack of cleaning from previous guests but long term mildew on shower curtains and shower heads, stained mattress pads. We had to wash and clean before we could stay there. Elliot sent us a survey (from the head of Elliot) saying they cared about our feedback, but has not contacted us since we gave feedback and offered them photos. We chose a condo that was rated high and said it was "updated". The sad thing is that we really like the condo floorplan and the location. We had friends that booked through another agency, VRBO, and had a clean condo in the same building.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Marya A
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Sunrise Pointe 4D Rental through Elliot Beach Rentals was the worst possible unit my family could have experienced. Seven of my family members (including myself) take an annual girls vacation trip to North Myrtle each year. It is a good location for all who travel from Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, and even California. Small pool area, no hot tub outside. We checked in at 3pm and arrived to our "luxury" and "non-smoking" unit only to be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke when opening the door. Walking on through the condo, we realized there were cigarette butts and ashes in the living room area rug. Since we all have severe allergies to smoke, we went to open the balocony door to see a sign that said "door lock broken." Wow. Safety first. Glad we have a 7 year old child with us. Outside on the patio there was black cigarette ash covering the tables, chairs, and floor.
Once the first shock had hit us, we continued to inspect the unit. The site promised "2 twin beds" which had been shoved together in the middle of the room. The queen bed in the other bedroom had a large brown stain on the comforter and cobwebs were hanging from the ceiling. Two of the bathrooms had molded/mildewed shower curtains, while the master bath had a walk in shower and the door was covered in black mold. All the bathrooms had dirty rugs.
After making 2 phone calls and a trip to the Elliot rental office, a young male came to "clean" the bathrooms. All he did was use a spray bottle on the wall and replace the shower curtains. Elliot promised at this particular time to have the room "ionized" to remove the smoke smell and to have the carpets cleaned. Elliot said this would all be taken care of by 7pm. This promise was not fufilled. During our entire week stay, no one showed up to ionize the air or clean the carpets.
The next morning, day 2 of our vacation, another trip was made to Elliot rental. We were given $60 to spend at a nearby restaurant. This was all. No refund, no cleaners, not even a clean bedspread.
Later in day 2, a man showed up to fix the broken dishwasher and garbage disposal. Too bad he couldn't fix the broken washer or microwave.
Day 3, two women showed up to the condo unannounced to clean the bathrooms which had already been "cleaned." We instructed them to take the 4 comforters and all the bath rugs to be washed. None of these were ever returned before our check out.
The last day of our stay, our checkout day, we were all packing getting ready to leave for our flights. Check out time is 11am. At 7:30am we had 3 cleaners show up trying to rush us. They returned back at 9am telling us that there were people checking in at 11am and they needed to clean.
Sometime throughout the week we found coal underneath all the beds. Talk about creepy. I always thought coal was used as a part of voodoo or some type of folklore. This is not an inviting thing to place in a "luxury" condo. And also there is a small plastic door that appears to be a cat door. The unit is supposed to be pet-free, but I guess the owners don't want to obey by their own rules.
Elliot has the poorest customer service and management I have ever experienced. So many things were handled the wrong way or failed to be handled at all. I advise anyone and everyone to stay away from Elliot rental and to also stay away from this unit/condo/4D.
STAY AWAY!!!!!

Room Tip: Gross, Dirty, Wouldn't have my dog sleep there.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
13  Thank UK-GoCats
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We booked our condo (9E) through Elliott Realty and the condo was exactly as it appeared on their website (minus the draperies). Check-in was super fast and easy...as was finding the building. The condo was very well decorated but watch out for the bedroom furniture---many of the drawers don't work too well. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that whoever cleaned our unit prior to our arrival must have been blind. It was not as clean as I would have liked....but they were very apologetic and sincere about fixing it. Maybe I'm just too fussy, but I don't like to find sand on the bar-top counter. The other odd thing was there were no screens on the windows or balcony doors---so we kept them closed as not to let bugs in. Once I spent over an hour cleaning the unit to my liking--all was well.
The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms had flatscreen TV's with built in DVD players....that came in handy with amusing the kids:)
Otherwise the pool area is great.....small but suited our needs and it probably helped that it wasn't crowded. Easy access to the beach and in a nice quiet area...away from all the action/noise.
I would definatley book with Elliott Realty again.....but I would demand better cleaning service and better linen package (the sheets barely fit the beds).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family