“worst stay ever” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 53 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
randallstown
“worst stay ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

great view of ocean an nice pool,but A/C wall units very loud,bedroom is like a shoebox,the sofa should have been thrown out,killed 3 roaches an was infested with aints,called maintiance several times no response.left in 3 days,place needs some serious upgrades.never again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank donald j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
paulding ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Indoor pool and outdoor pool. Beautiful beach. Older hotel is a timeshare resort no one bugged us. We had a 1 bedroom and it pulled down from wall very uncomfortable. We bought the use of the week on ebay only 400 for the week. Peaceful relaxing close to downtown. Would stay again here

• Stayed July 2013
Clarksburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

We began our four night stay on Apr 2. Previously did some research online and chose Peppertree because of price and location. It was easy to find and a short drive from attractions, restaurants, etc. It was our first time at Myrtle, and we weren't disappointed. I booked through their office. When I called with questions, they had a few more rooms that were not listed on websites. Shortened our trip by a day and opted for the 2 bedroom ocean front rather than the one bedroom parking lot view. It was well worth it. We have went to Florida the last few years for spring break. I am spoiled with the ocean views.
Overall, our unit was excellent. The interior was spacious and very clean including carpet, linens, and furniture. The master bedroom had an older, jetted tub. The common bathroom had a steam type shower. Beds were comfortable and master was a king. My daughter and friend enjoyed their stay. Felt completely safe being there with teenagers. Yes, the building is older but it was clean, and staff helpful. Probably would check out another hotel if in the area again. Not a negative. . . I like to try and stay at various places.

Room Tip: Two bedroom unit on fourth floor was great.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gkatsmom
Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I consider myself to be a fair person when it comes to reviews. So, you can expect me to be fair with this location as well. Yes, it is dated, I will tell you that right from the beginning. It is also smaller than the newer resorts built in the last 10-20 years. Therefore, please don't expect a newer property with modern amenities. What you can expect is a clean place in a good location right on the beach. Chances are, your room won't face the beach because they are usually given to the owners who have faithfully maintained their memberships even though the place is declining. When I say clean, I don't mean Four Seasons or even Marriot clean because you can't make a place new just by cleaning it. I mean it is old and clean. I am thankful that I was able to get this at the very last minute during Spring Break. Of course, I would rather have gone to Florida or South Myrtle Beach, however, I waited until the last minute and this place was available. For that, I give you 3 stars. Had I planned months in advance like I normally do, I would have opted for something a little more modern. Let me also add that I might some owners while vacation there and they were the nicest people! I have been to four and five star properties all over the world and the people are always so nice. The owners at this location seem to be pretty nice people who come here on a regular basis and like to relax and have a good time. The area is nice and clean although you are 15 minutes away from South Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank seabow2
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

We visited North Myrtle for the first time and found this place on the Internet and booked a 2 night stay. Upon arrival we were checked in by a frumpy man who looked very unclean and was not the least bit friendly. We went to our room and were surprised to find no balcony or exit other than the main door...A tiny window was our only view of the ocean...Extremely disappointing for an "ocean front room". The room was disgusting and not clean. We asked for a different room and were told none were available. We also asked for a refund due to terrible conditions in the room. We refused to stay, took a cancelation fee and went to another hotel! I would not recommend this hotel. This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank uncangel03

Travellers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Fayetteville, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three days over the MLK weekend. We booked online and had no problems and it was a good value. This is an older property that has been updated and was more spacious than some of the other condos we have stayed in at NMB. We stayed in a one bedroom but there was actually sleeping space for six (bunk beds in the hallway and pull out sofa as well as the bedroom). The kitchen was huge with generous cabinets and countertops. The kitchen was well equipped and even included wine glasses and a beautiful salad set. Our coffeemaker went out on the first morning but a call to the office brought us another one within minutes. All interactions with the staff were very pleasant. Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean. We did not visit the pools or spas on this visit. We were attending a dance event with most of the activities on Main Street which was just a ten minute walk. We would definitely stay here again and would even consider purchasing a time-share at this property. Our only complaint was that our room was an end unit and near the outside steps. Some of the guests were checking out on Sunday morning and bringing their luggage down the steps rather than using the elevator which caused us to get up a little earlier than we had planned.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ann S
Spartanburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

We loved the location. The sunrise and sunset was beautiful to watch from the unit. The first unit had a large crack in the glass due to the storm and when I found out about it, the staff imediately moved us to another unit. The indoor pool was kept at a cozy temperature considering it was Dec. when we were there. Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple