“Great Vacation”

Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I took my two teenage kids to this resort. We stayed in a two bedroom condo with an ocean view. My kids and I had a great time on this vacation. I wish we had stayed longer. There was plenty to do in walking distance. The kids enjoyed the beach, and the pools, the onsite game room, and the free popcorn and movie nights. What I enjoyed most about this vacation was since my kids are older, they were able to do several things without me, so I was able to get some quality alone time and read a book, or just relax by the pool. We stayed in tower two, which is right on the beach, which was great. I took many walks on the beach in the morning. You could also rent chairs and umbrella from the city for 25 a day. You need to get out there early to take advantage though, I'd say at least by 10 or 11. What I liked most about this vacation, was once we were there, I did not need to spend much additional money for my kids to enjoy themselves.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Dorothy D
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Dorothy D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. I am so happy our amenities and activities worked for your family and that you were able to have a relaxing vacation. I look forward to serving you again in the future!

rosanna.mcdonald@wyn.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are generally clean and the pools are decent, but apparently it is common practice for them to promise ocean front and then not guarantee you a room in the ocean front towers. Timeshares have priority, so they placed us in a building across the street. I now realize that this is standard service for them. For the money, I have stayed at much nicer places in the area that will guarantee you a view of the beach.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Mohammad F
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Mohammad F,

Thank you so much for your recent review of your stay at Ocean Boulevard. I am sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the location of your guest room. Due to the high demand for our Ocean Front units, they are usually booked 13 months in advance during high season. We strive to provide this information to the guest through our website, terms and conditions and confirmation letter. I apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate this through additional channels in the future. I am sorry for your experience and greatly value your feedback.

Cromwell, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at a two bedroom unit. Very clean and modern. Full kitchen. Nice clean pools and right on the beach. Check in is a little chaotic. But overall great resort! Close to restaurants,and fun dinner shows. Will return soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lizmarie T
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Lizmarie T,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent vacation at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. I am glad you enjoyed the resort and our local Myrtle Beach attractions. I do apologize for an arrival experience that was less than welcoming. We are working on some new initiatives to help alleviate the lines we experience in our lobbies during peak season.

Lizmarie T, please know that we value your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future!

843-281-3324
Indian Trail, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We just got back from a short weekend and were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We had a spacious 2 bedroom in the tower with the lobby. We loved the pools and the access to the beach. There are 3 things to be aware of, however, I don't think this is any different than other hotels in Myrtle Beach. 1. Parking is horrible and you will most likely have to park across the street in tower 4. Wish they had a bridge connecting the buildings so you don't have to cross the actual street. 2. Elevators are packed and are hard to get during check in and check out. Sometimes you'd be better taking the down elevator to go up. 3. P2 is the lobby, not P1! The elevator has a star on the P1 level leading you to believe that, that is the lobby. It's not. P1 is the street level.
Good points for kids - within walking distance to the carnival and the blowup slide on the beach.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Disfan4life
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Disfan4life,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. We value your feedback as it helps us ensure we are providing exceptional vacation experiences for our guests. I am sorry you experienced issues with the parking and elevators. We do have a large overflow parking lot directly behind Tower 4 with 24 hour shuttle service. I am sorry this option was not communicated to you.

I am glad you enjoyed our pools and the easy access to the beautiful beaches of Myrtle!

843-281-3324
north carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had a week of vacation at the Wyndham Ocean Boulevard from June 1st - 7th and loved it! Our family consist of my wife and myself, our two sons (age 20 and 23), my son's longtime girlfriend (age 20) and my mom (age 73). Pretty hard to please three generations at times but Ocean Boulevard worked out very well for us! We ended up with a room in Tower 4, which is across the street from the beach. Towers 1-3 are oceanside. There are certainly positives and negatives to staying at either, but Tower 4 worked out well for us. My mom, who loves spending all day each day at a pool in the sun, loved the very large pool at Tower 4. She could take the elevator from our floor to the pool and back and it was perfect! My wife and I love the beach, so we had a short walk across the street and out to the beach for the day. The beach was very wide and although there was a lot of people on the beach, the wide beach was able to hold everyone. There is a lazy river right off the beach at Tower 2 as well as two pools very accessible from the beach. This worked out well for us. The younger generation wanted to alternated days at the pool and beach and it worked well for them also. There was a small game room (Tower 2) with a couple pool tables, ping pong tables and foosball table, which we hung out at a couple nights. There is a gym in a couple of buildings which were adequate for a couple of workouts on the trip (treadmills, eliptical machines, etc.). The only oddity was the building arrangement. Someone said it appears they put facilities that need about six acres on a three acre tract of land, which I would agree with. There are two pools on the beach side but they are in between the large towers so sunlight is limited during the day. It also causes a through-wind that is very gusty at times. All in all, we had a great time!! I did skip the "owner update" which I always find very much of a hard-sell, which I don't like.
As for our condo, we had two bedrooms, one with a king bed, although the bedroom itself wasn't very large, but it had a very large bathroom with a shower, two sinks and a whirlpool tub. The second bedroom had two full beds and the mattresses on all our beds were very comfortable! There was a small kitchen with a bar (two bar stools) and a dining room table that seats six comfortably. We had a balcony with two chairs that overlooked the pool.
**Note: I did find out they are refurbishing Tower 4 in the next year, although our condo was very nice.

Room Tip: Best pool is at Tower 4
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank unceddie
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear unceddie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent vacation at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. Your thoughts and opinions are highly valued as they help us maintain a high level of service for all of our guests. I am so happy you enjoyed your suite in Tower 4. While it is not ocean front, it does have it's own pool and fitness center and many of our guests appreciate the more relaxed atmosphere.

We hope you visit us again!

Madison, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

#4building is being renovated and some of the things are in need of repair. My friends in bldg 2 had oceanfront patio, nicer furniture, carpet not fraying. Also. 4 tower is not on the ocean but across the street. Loved the beach but, crowded. We enjoyed the visit. No restaurant in bldgs. Had a cute little warm lazy river.

Room Tip: Do not rent in #4 building. Not ocean front. There was no way I will go again during bike week.
Green Features: Fairly good. Bin for recycling in room. The toiletries were environmentally safe. Towels for the beach are for use during your stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank woop9p
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear woop9p,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent vacation experience with Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with the condition of your room. We are refurbishing all of the units in Tower 4 in early 2015 which will include new carpeting, furniture and appliances. We look forward to the renovations and know our guests and Owners will appreciate the new design. Thank you again for your feedback.

Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Our room was good but the cleanness was not. Kitchen wasn't wiped down had stains around looked like it was a hurry up job since they had 6 hours to clean it I didn't understand that one and we pay great money to be owners. Going to try sea watch next time it looked up kept a little better. Main lazy river was closed our entire stay which didn't help

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 01molly
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear 01molly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. Your comments and opinions help us ensure we are maintaining a high level of service for our guests and Owners. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues in your room. I will make sure the Housekeeping Manager receives a copy of your review so she can address the deficiencies. Please know we strive to provide all of our guests and Owners a clean, comfortable unit for their vacation. I am sorry we failed to do this for you and your family.

Thank you again for your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,156 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,406 reviews
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,543 reviews

Been to Wyndham Ocean Boulevard? Share your experiences!